Stark County Week 3 review and Top 5

my2sense

Perry and McK both grind out come from behind wins like good teams do.
Glad I put Sandy valley in my top 5 last week lol
Glen Oak has now lost 15 straight Fed games in a game of trick plays vs Jackson
Massillon D gets a W despite the Tigers amassing 145 penalty yards on 13 penalties
Canton South remains undefeated as does Northwest and West Branch

Game Balls go to:
Josh Lemon bashed the Hoover run defense into submission all night and wore them out in the 2nd half.
In Louisville, WR Darrien Lewis of SVSM returned the opening kick for a TD, set up another TD on punt return, threw a TD pass and caught 3 passes.
Jordan Mick for NW having a POY season thus far - threw for 357 yards and 2 TDS, ran for 73 and 2 more TDs. NW averaging over 500 total yds/game
Elijah Wesley's 69 yard sprint with 3 minutes left in the game saved McK. He finished with 157 yards rushing with 2 TDs.
And props to McK coach Wattley and Perry coach Wakefield for letting their victorious teams know after the game that they won but they would be practicing this week like they lost.

The Perry v. Canton McKinley game should be a classic this coming Saturday at Benson Stadium! Its a shame that we have the crowd restrictions, otherwise, this game would draw a strong general public crowd. I look for the Panthers to run hard and through the Bulldog defense and come out with a victory. Despite McKinley's explosive offense, the McKinley defense will not make the stops it needs to for a victory over Perry. The McKinley defensive line play has been at best very mediocre. The Hoover Vikings came into Benson a couple of weeks ago, a team known for its passing game, and rushed for nearly 200 yards. The strength of the Bulldog defense, without question, is the secondary. The D line and linebackers have struggled to consistently shut down the opponents ground game, thus far into the season. Unless serious improvement is shown, I look for both Perry and the Massillon Tigers to run over Pups defense. Nevertheless, best wishes to both the Panthers and Bulldogs in this upcoming battle on Saturday night!

Massillon
McKinley
Perry
Hoover
Lake
Jackson
NW
Louisville
GlenOak
CCC
Fairless
Marlington
Canton South
Alliance
Sandy Valley
Tuslaw
Aquinas
Minerva
East Canton

Last edited:
The two best coaches in the Fed - and maybe Stark? - go head-to-head. Neither one appeared happy with their team last Friday. Practices will be tough and whoever improves the most this week will win.

JMO but till somebody from Stark County actually beats Massillon they are the best team.

I honestly think a better way to look at Stark is top 3 in Div 1/2 and the top 3 of the rest. East Canton, Minerva, Aquinas, Etc. can have their best teams ever and still not compete with whoever are the “top 3” in Div 1/2.

That's good. I don't rank the teams as if they played head-to-head. I just rank based on their game performances and wins and losses.

https://fridaynightohio.com/news/16...-undefeated-perry-and-mckinley-not-satisfied/

Their records say they're perfect. Their coaches say they're far from it.

The work continues for the McKinley and Perry high school football teams, which carry 3-0 records and top-10 state rankings into Saturday night's Federal League showdown at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.

The last five league titles have involved McKinley and/or Perry, and this game once again will have a say. The Bulldogs (3-0 in the league as well and ranked No. 5 in the Division I Associated Press state poll) can actually clinch a share of the championship in this COVID-altered five-game league schedule by beating Perry (2-0 in the league and ranked No. 8 in Division II). The rest of the conference already has at least two league losses.