stark county scrimmages

thewho

Has anyone took in any scrimmages, and curious of thoughts....

I have taken in two seperate scrimmages. I have seen Perry, Mooney, and Kenmore, and last night I took in Claymont, Timken, South, and a team (sebring, I think).

Perry looked good, I think they are around 4-5 in the league, Mooney looked BAD, and Kenmore has some bright spots.

As for last night, I like what I saw from Timken. Team is very athletic, though don't have very many kids for a Div. 1 school. I think they only had 7-8 kids dressed. South, very young. Limited in upperclassman, played alot of Fr/Soph. saw some bright spots at time, still a work in progress. Claymont and Sebring young as well, not overly talented, but played Ok whith what they had in my opinion.

I didn't go, but Louisville scrimmaged several teams at United High School yesterday and won big in all of them from what I heard.

Louisville returns a team of girls who have played together a long time; they should be a serious threat to any team with the exception of McKinley, but hey Lady Leps, surprise me.

Mack, they struggled but they were playing without Ameryst Alston who was on a visit to Ohio State. Should get a better feel tonight as they're at Hiland.

They were at Wadsworth... it's always loaded scrimmages but don't honestly remember all the teams. Pretty sure Hoban, Wadsworth, and Clyde were there.

Tomorrow, Hoover scrimmages Fitch and Manchester at Hoover @ 10:00 am.

This past Wednesday, they scrimmaged Twinsburg and Firestone at Twinsburg.

both hoover & manchester beat fitch every qtr as was expected i guess. hoover and manchester had all close qtrs (every qtr was won by a shot in the last 5 seconds) all qtrs were 1 pt differences. it was split evenly 2-2 or maybe 3-1 for manchester but all 4 could have gone either way - 2 of manchesters wins were bb their way - down 2 and hit a 3 to win it at end. hoover's pressure will cause probs once all the young ones get their rotations down better.

talking to a friend from tuslaw they scrimmaged northwest and field saturday. northwest won all their qtrs vs field & tuslaw, and field beat tuslaw 2 out of 3.

Has anyone took in any scrimmages, and curious of thoughts....

I have taken in two seperate scrimmages. I have seen Perry, Mooney, and Kenmore, and last night I took in Claymont, Timken, South, and a team (sebring, I think).

Perry looked good, I think they are around 4-5 in the league, Mooney looked BAD, and Kenmore has some bright spots.

As for last night, I like what I saw from Timken. Team is very athletic, though don't have very many kids for a Div. 1 school. I think they only had 7-8 kids dressed. South, very young. Limited in upperclassman, played alot of Fr/Soph. saw some bright spots at time, still a work in progress. Claymont and Sebring young as well, not overly talented, but played Ok whith what they had in my opinion.

Not sure who the team that you thought was Sebring was, but it was not Sebring. Sebring did not play in that scrimmage. They have had one scrimmage against Rittman and they played well for a first scrimmage. I think they went 6-1-1 in a one quarter at a time format. They are not young. They have 8 seniors with 5 of those seeing a lot of time on last year's varsity team.

Not sure who the team that you thought was Sebring was, but it was not Sebring. Sebring did not play in that scrimmage. They have had one scrimmage against Rittman and they played well for a first scrimmage. I think they went 6-1-1 in a one quarter at a time format. They are not young. They have 8 seniors with 5 of those seeing a lot of time on last year's varsity team.

hmmmmm..... that is odd...... The team I saw was Timken, their coach's name is Hmiel. The team they played WAS SEBRING I FOUND OUT along with Canton South and Claymont. Rittman was not at the scrimmage I was at, that would be the Rittman Indians. Again... they were not there. Their fan told me they started 3 freshman last year that would make them sophmores, and that they had a young team. They had 8 girls, so the other 5 were seniors??? Sebring was the purple team, Claymont was the orange and brown team, and South was red/white.

according to my sources, it is a young lady who played on the 2002 state championship Hoover Team. Guess this young lady had NO head coaching experience, but landed a Div. 1 coaching job. HMMMMMMMMM..... I guess like most coaches, when asked, where did you start, youth league, jr. high, freshman, she can say, I started as a varsity coach. Before long, WNBA. Sorry, can not remember the name. But I know alot of people close to the program who are puzzled by this then, and still puzzled now.

^^^^ I don't know why they are puzzled??? Her name is Abbey Moore ( not sure of her married name) and she did a admirable job last year with the Panthers...she had a young team that finished I believe 3rd or 4th in the league..and they will finish in the top of the league this year behind McKinley and Hoover..Abbey does a great job with Perry and deserved the job.

Wow the haters are out in droves on yappi lately. I don't know how after the quality season Perry had last year that you can question that hire. You finished 3rd in the Federal League in her first year. Wake up folks, she's a good young coach, has a good staff, and will get the most out of the group of kids they have. They should be very competitive again this year although depth at the guards/ball-handlers will be an issue.

BTW, every head coach has to start somewhere. She had coaching experience before this job and she knows the game. Combine that with dedication to the program and enthusiasm for the job and I don't know what it is you want there or what 'top notch' coach you think you should've gotten.

Wow the haters are out in droves on yappi lately. I don't know how after the quality season Perry had last year that you can question that hire. You finished 3rd in the Federal League in her first year. Wake up folks, she's a good young coach, has a good staff, and will get the most out of the group of kids they have. They should be very competitive again this year although depth at the guards/ball-handlers will be an issue.

BTW, every head coach has to start somewhere. She had coaching experience before this job and she knows the game. Combine that with dedication to the program and enthusiasm for the job and I don't know what it is you want there or what 'top notch' coach you think you should've gotten.

she did have coaching experience, where??? Good for her if she finished third, go watch a Perry game, is the young Ms. Moore coaching that team, or her father who was a big part of the 2002 championship. HATER??? I am sorry, I have seen alot of good coaches in this area go elsewhere and never get chance that put in their time. Perry gets a new school board, cleans house with favorites, and how is that working out for them. Football was horrible this year, girls VB was unwatchable, soccer was bad, swimming is no where close, boys basketball was just above average, and this coach went 11-10 last year with a non strong out of league schedule, and you make her the second coming. Wow... Good for her finishing 3rd, I have no problem with her, nor do I know her. But as I have been told, when and where did she earn her stripes to be a head varsity girls coach of a D1 program, because no one has been able to provide me where she coached prior to this.

I sat not more than 10 feet from their bench in a couple games last year and she was most def coaching the team. You're going to knock her for bringing her father on board who knows the game and would be a good right hand man? I'm not saying the situation in Perry is ideal (from the sounds of things it's not), but this hire worked out in Perry's favor. You'd think people would get behind her now, especially in a year where Perry SHOULD be very competitive with just about anyone in the league/on their schedule.

I sat not more than 10 feet from their bench in a couple games last year and she was most def coaching the team. You're going to knock her for bringing her father on board who knows the game and would be a good right hand man? I'm not saying the situation in Perry is ideal (from the sounds of things it's not), but this hire worked out in Perry's favor. You'd think people would get behind her now, especially in a year where Perry SHOULD be very competitive with just about anyone in the league/on their schedule.

To be honest, and I have said this before, I don't know much about her, or even Perry for that matter. I saw a Perry game last year, and the game I attended, I heard the father more then her. My Perry sources may be bitter, and maybe my bitterness is coming from them. I am just a person who likes to see people who paid thier dues, had success, get an opportunity. I think we both have to agree that may not be the case here. I don't wish her no ill will, and hopefully Perry again this year is near the top with McK/Hoover. I think though GO, Lake, and Boardman may be in the conversation as well, and Jackson I don't think will be too far behind.

I am not saying the way the hiring/letting go of all the coaches over there went down was right... it seems from an outside perspective to be odd at the very least... but people need to move on is all I'm saying :cool: People should get behind both teams at Perry this winter, both should be very good.