Stark County Losing an Excellent Reporter

Didnt read much of his stuff but the stuff I did read never impressed me. He seemed to be a Canton/Fed hack. That being said, I hate to see anyone lose their job. Good luck to Joe moving forward.

Reading the dozens of comments on Twitter in response to this news shows how universally respected Joe is. He'll be missed sorely.

More important than anything he has done reporting, Joe is an outstanding person. It pains me to see him get laid off. I can’t think of a nicer person. I don’t expect him to be unemployed for long.

I thought he always did a nice job with the Sunday Special. He really seemed to enjoy covering local, high school sports.

Fair winds and following seas Joe.

When he was with the Youngstown Vindicator (guessing 2008 to 2015 time frame), he was a young, and outside-the-box and offbeat but somewhat refreshing sports reporter. You could clearly see his passion for high school sports, and as the years went on, both his evolving maturity and his writing skills.

Seems like a good guy, well-liked and well connected. Hope he resurfaces somewhere soon.

A total shame. That Sunday column is a Stark staple and Joe had done an excellent job with it.

From what I understand this was purely a financial decision made before the virus, so kinda scary going forward at that company/that business as a whole. Sports matter, especially in Stark County.

Sorry to hear. Although I never read him I sure never heard anything negative about him at all. Good luck and hopefully he lands on his feet soon.

Sorry to hear. Although I never read him I sure never heard anything negative about him at all. Good luck and hopefully he lands on his feet soon.
You're not paying attention. He is generally disliked by the honks here and has been called a "spineless troll."