Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

A few games this weekend that will serve to illuminate more about the teams:

Massillon vs. Harding
Euclid vs. McKinley
Boardman vs. Jackson

McKinley has no chance against Euclid unless they give there back-up QB a shot.He looked good in the Iggy scrimmage.

Euclid will stack the box and stop our running game.And make us beat them in the air.

Euclid 42-14....Unless we give the back-up QB a chance.The starting QB will throw 3 or 4 picks.

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKinley has no chance against Euclid unless they give there back-up QB a shot.He looked good in the Iggy scrimmage.

Euclid will stack the box and stop our running game.And make us beat them in the air.

Euclid 42-14....Unless we give the back-up QB a chance.The starting QB will throw 3 or 4 picks.

Ridiculous post. Two weeks in and this guy wants to change QBs. On a team that is 2-0. Give the kid a chance. Geesh.

A few games this weekend that will serve to illuminate more about the teams:

Massillon vs. Harding
Euclid vs. McKinley
Boardman vs. Jackson

Agree - these are some tough games

Why is everything I am reading is saying that Euclid is that good? - are They??

9-3 last year with high expectations but first 2 wins weren't that impressive imo. Guess we'll find out.

I guess...

Pups will bring it in my opinion - they played 2 really athletic teams so far and won... now...

Every week has a game that determines the season - first week was Perry/Cchs - Second Week was Hoover/Lou and Mass/GO

This week will be Massillon - Warren

But, Lake is just steady as they go as always... will be in mix at end of year and have much to say about Federal League!

Two weeks in and this guy wants to change QBs. On a team that is 2-0. Give the kid a chance. Geesh.

But there is something not quite right at McKinley when the Bulldog starting QB has the same number of completions as the Perry starter. 2. And Perry at least has positive yards.

I guess...

Pups will bring it in my opinion - they played 2 really athletic teams so far and won... now...

Every week has a game that determines the season - first week was Perry/Cchs - Second Week was Hoover/Lou and Mass/GO

This week will be Massillon - Warren

But, Lake is just steady as they go as always... will be in mix at end of year and have much to say about Federal League!

I hope they are and finally break this long curse of no FLC’s.

Agree - these are some tough games

Why is everything I am reading is saying that Euclid is that good? - are They??

It is a new season but over the past 3 or 4 years Euclid has been no slouch. They have beaten Mentor, and currently have beaten Solon 3 out of last 4 years, and held their own against Ignatius. They will not come in intimidated and will have the athletes to match up with the Bulldogs. This to me has the potential to be a great game.

But there is something not quite right at McKinley when the Bulldog starting QB has the same number of completions as the Perry starter. 2. And Perry at least has positive yards.
But just like at Perry, it's probably not the QB's fault. It's only week 2, my friend. Give the kid a chance. I'm especially talking to those "in the stands" quarterbacks that know nothing about the team, or if they do, they certainly don't know more than the coaches.

It is a new season but over the past 3 or 4 years Euclid has been no slouch. They have beaten Mentor, and currently have beaten Solon 3 out of last 4 years, and held their own against Ignatius. They will not come in intimidated and will have the athletes to match up with the Bulldogs. This to me has the potential to be a great game.

Wow - Thanks - I dont keep up on Cleveland teams - Euclid has a great resume!

But just like at Perry, it's probably not the QB's fault. It's only week 2, my friend. Give the kid a chance. I'm especially talking to those "in the stands" quarterbacks that know nothing about the team, or if they do, they certainly don't know more than the coaches.

agree - oh and... if it ain't broke don't fix it! - nothing wrong with a powerful/fast running game!

Agreed. Louisville, Lake, CCC, pound for pound, on a good year tough as any. Have always liked those 3 programs in particular.

observation - Mass/Perry in Finals last couple years... CCHS been in multiple Finals last coupe years...

We (Stark County ) need to somehow beat Northern Catholics this year!!

Quest continues... one game at a time... one game at a time

This is a great observation. This would be the game I would attend if I didn't already have a game to attend.

observation - Mass/Perry in Finals last couple years... CCHS been in multiple Finals last coupe years...

We (Stark County ) need to somehow beat Northern Catholics this year!!

Quest continues... one game at a time... one game at a time
Yeah, the schools like Hoban are so tough. 3 solid Federal programs (Hoover, Perry, Lake) all in Region 5. So they work their tails off playing the likes of McKinley and each other all year, then get rewarded by playing Hoban or Massillon in the playoffs. Wow!

Hard to envision a scenario that Massillon and Hoban don't finish 1 and 2 in Region 5. This means any of the Federal teams that make it will have to play one of the state finalists by week 2 of playoffs. Tall order.

Yeah, the schools like Hoban are so tough. 3 solid Federal programs (Hoover, Perry, Lake) all in Region 5. So they work their tails off playing the likes of McKinley and each other all year, then get rewarded by playing Hoban or Massillon in the playoffs. Wow!

Hard to envision a scenario that Massillon and Hoban don't finish 1 and 2 in Region 5. This means any of the Federal teams that make it will have to play one of the state finalists by week 2 of playoffs. Tall order.

Yes - but to be the best you have to BEAT the best!

Anybody can beat anybody any given weekend - since the beginning of time!

And.... Massillon has to run the table to get one of Top SEED - NOTHING is ever easy

Hate to say it, McK loses the game to Euclid. If Euclid could ever get focused and clean up costly self inflicted penalties, they'd be very dangerous with Rotsky.

Poll:

Question - do we need another Stark County thread besides the 2 active now... to keep the monitors confused (with all respect)?

That's just stupid. 1) McKinley should not change their QB just three weeks into the season when they are 2-0 and the backup has no varsity experience. If the backup was the better option, he would have been the starter. 2) Apparently, you've already forgotten that the QB that you want to bench had over 100 yards rushing in week #1. 3) Euclild hasn't exactly lit things up....they beat Glenville 29-24, but Heights beat Glenville 17-0 (i.e. the Euclid's defense is suspect). They beat up on Canisus, but every Ohio team does that.

Obviously, McKinley needs to avoid the turnovers. But, the drama in your posts isn't necessary. Support the coaches and kids and set your "they have no chance" predictions aside.