Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

THESHADOW14

Ok.... Original thread just got shut down - let's try this again!

Our Goal - try to get to at least Week 1 results to discuss opening games!

Let's just keep this about our High School Football and history (if appropriate) in Stark County!

I have an idea - but no need to bring back up.... must move on...

Now, as I trolled the Fed League pick em thread I noticed one thing as usual...

Not One person picked CCHS to beat Perry!

Do I need to remind posters that a very Average CCHS team was a 2-point conversion last play away from beating the Panthers last year!!!

Lets see what happens Thursday - then all can see how the Season will go...

True, but I think Perry got a lot stronger this year and Central might not have, and that is why no one is picking against Perry. Perry is a legitimate state contender in their division this year imo.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Perry was 8-2 last year - with this years Linemen - I respect that for sure....

But we were 4-6 and an average team last year and took Panthers to the Brink!

And... we got better - we return like 8 kids on Defense (that played in last year Perry Game)

All respect to Panthers - but our kids will be buckled up too!

Prediction - there is going to be some heads knocking Thursday night - on both sides of ball

And... we got better - we return like 8 kids on Defense (that played in last year Perry Game)

Prediction - there is going to be some heads knocking Thursday night - on both sides of ball

Will tickets be sold the night of the game❓

I have an idea - but no need to bring back up.... must move on...

Now, as I trolled the Fed League pick em thread I noticed one thing as usual...

Not One person picked CCHS to beat Perry!

Do I need to remind posters that a very Average CCHS team was a 2-point conversion last play away from beating the Panthers last year!!!

Lets see what happens Thursday - then all can see how the Season will go...

Couldn't agree more. They have 3 back on their O line. Central has 2. Central actually lost less overall than Perry. They have a solid line & running game but Central has an explosive passing game. I think this one will be a shoot out. Perry has a big FB that will gain yards. Central has a 6'4 WR going against small DB's. I like that no one is giving Central a chance in this one. Look at the history of the game and this years line up and I think a lot of people will be surprised by the outcome. I guarantee the winner will come out of Perry Hts.

Trucker and Lowell have shutdown Perry’s wing-T many times before no reason Not to this year. I say CCC wins by 3 making a defensive stand in the 4th qtr. 23-20

Trucker and Lowell have shutdown Perry’s wing-T many times before no reason Not to this year. I say CCC wins by 3 making a defensive stand in the 4th qtr. 23-20

Think about this.... Trucker has had all preseason to get ready for Wing—T.

And the fact we have experienced kids on defense will help CC immensely!

Now, I don’t know how CC is going to handle Panther Size and Strength, but I know they will give everything they got.

This game will come down to 2 things like every other year in this great rivalry:

1. Can CC defense penetrate Panthers OL before steam rollers get moving?

2. Can CC hit the big passes downfield and get Panthers on their heals?

Remember this game is between 2 teams that are State contenders again!

Don’t get much better than this one posters!

Think about this.... Trucker has had all preseason to get ready for Wing—T.

And the fact we have experienced kids on defense will help CC immensely!

Now, I don’t know how CC is going to handle Panther Size and Strength, but I know they will give everything they got.

This game will come down to 2 things like every other year in this great rivalry:

1. Can CC defense penetrate Panthers OL before steam rollers get moving?

2. Can CC hit the big passes downfield and get Panthers on their heals?

Remember this game is between 2 teams that are State contenders again!

Don’t get much better than this one posters!

Just curious, but, and this is in no way a shot at CCC, I know they have been a good program for years! Why has CCC not been able to simulate other catholic schools like Hoban, STV, and pull top athletes away from schools like McKinley, Massillon, etc....CCC really has no competition from other catholic schools in the county, STA has been trending downwards for the past few years, and besides STA is quite a distance from Massillon and Canton for kids, so CCC would be a much better fit for athletes from most of Stark County. What sets CCC apart from Hoban and STV, outside of the size of the school? Is it the philosophy of the athletic department to not actively recruit athletes to the school which differentiates the Crusaders from the Summit County schools? I give mad props to the Crusaders, they always seem to do alot for the size of their roster, and seem willing to play anyone in the area!

Just curious, but, and this is in no way a shot at CCC, I know they have been a good program for years! Why has CCC not been able to simulate other catholic schools like Hoban, STV, and pull top athletes away from schools like McKinley, Massillon, etc....CCC really has no competition from other catholic schools in the county, STA has been trending downwards for the past few years, and besides STA is quite a distance from Massillon and Canton for kids, so CCC would be a much better fit for athletes from most of Stark County. What sets CCC apart from Hoban and STV, outside of the size of the school? Is it the philosophy of the athletic department to not actively recruit athletes to the school which differentiates the Crusaders from the Summit County schools? I give mad props to the Crusaders, they always seem to do alot for the size of their roster, and seem willing to play anyone in the area!

Answer in My Opinion:

CC is not like Hoban and other Akron/Cle Catholic schools for one reason...

The Surrounding Public Schools of CC are OUTSTANDING and offer great educations and facilities and community support for these kids!

Bingo! (pun unintended, lol). Private school powerhouses in football get the majority of their athletes from traditionally weak programs not strong ones. Though it is pretty obvious CCC is less "aggressive" than many also, and avoids controversy. Aside from the feud w/ Jackson, but consider the source.

Our Public Schools are so much better than Akron/Cleveland can not be compared - Academically and Athletically

Come on - what kid does NOT want to play in Benson/Fawcett or Massillon Tiger Stadium - those stadiums are Unbelievable for high school!
(Oh, and the Greatest High School traditions in America by the way)

Perry/Jackson/Glenoak/Hoover campuses are state of the art and constantly improving their Academics...

That being said - it is unbelievable the success that CCHS kids and Coaching staff earn... every year! - credit to the community!

So.... I read the Rep write up on CC Perry game....

I hope our kids read that article for motivation!

And... Akron East is a lock!

Answer in My Opinion:

The Surrounding Public Schools of CC are OUTSTANDING and offer great educations and facilities and community support for these kids!

I don't think most Stark County fans think of our 2 parochial schools as big recruiters of athletes. STA may have had a little thing with a few basketball players a few years back, but mostly they are recruiting students to keep the doors open. This forum can't go 2 years without a thread about "When are CCC and St. Thomas going to merge".

Answer in My Opinion:

I'm inclined to agree.

Game-Day!

Well, it all starts at 7:00 tonight - glad to hear WHBC celebrating 75th year of high school football - radio still lives ;)

So my top 5 Teams for this year

1. McKinley
2. Massillon
3. Perry
4. Hoover
5. Lake

Like I have said all preseason - CC could change everything after tonight

No prediction on CC/Perry game winner - just sit back and enjoy the game whoever you are rooting for (even if you listen on radio like old days)

Go Perry Township!

Congratulations to Perry Panthers on well deserved win!

Congratulations to Crusaders for fighting with Heart and making all proud!

Panthers have a strong powerful team and wish them the best!!!

Perry has a big, experienced line with a Thunder and Lightning combo in the backfield. And Lightning didn't even play last night.

Never saw a game where so many kids had leg cramps (esp. Central) on a very cool evening with comfortable humidity levels.

Perry has a big, experienced line with a Thunder and Lightning combo in the backfield. And Lightning didn't even play last night.

Never saw a game where so many kids had leg cramps (esp. Central) on a very cool evening with comfortable humidity levels.

Great Points!

Our kids gave 240lb RB all we could - we were hitting him!!!... but those were some brutal runs with power - just too much power... too much power!

All credit again to both these teams - great coaching and GREAT KID EFFORT AND HEART!

Moving on thoughts:

Perry is going to be a Load to be dealt with in Fed League and State Contender!

Crusaders wont have a more physical game the rest of the year - Great Learning experience and all goals still alive!

Great Points!

Our kids gave 240lb RB all we could - we were hitting him!!!... but those were some brutal runs with power - just too much power... too much power!

All credit again to both these teams - great coaching and GREAT KID EFFORT AND HEART!

Big dude huh? Never mind on the lines, he alone outweighed your entire team. I tip my hat though. Good luck rest of the year.