Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
The idea of having EPS 7-9 by different directors was just stupid from the beginning. WHomever thought that was a good idea needs fired.

If Abrams knew he had 3 movies to play out his whole plot then things would have flowed much, much better.

I would put good money on us not having seen the last of Ahsoka.

And Ezra still has the coolest lightsaber IMO.

to this point, Ahsoka was confirmed for Season 2 of the Mandalorian last month.

She'll be played by Rosario Dawson, and talk is her appearance will be a backdoor pilot for her own spinoff.

Not sure how I feel about Dawson in the role. I love her as an actress, but she's not at all who I would have pictured for the role.

Clone Wars did more skipping around the timeline which made it a little harder to follow.

I enjoyed Rebels more as well as it was (obviously) closer to the original trilogy.

Clone Wars did more skipping around the timeline which made it a little harder to follow.

I enjoyed Rebels more as well as it was (obviously) closer to the original trilogy.

I think the bigger issue is that I just don’t feel emotionally connected to any of the characters in Clone Wars.

Whereas in Rebels I think you get quite invested.

I think the bigger issue is that I just don’t feel emotionally connected to any of the characters in Clone Wars.

Whereas in Rebels I think you get quite invested.

Completely understandable given that the fate of nearly all the characters in Clone Wars is known unless someone is watching Star Wars canon for the first time in timeline order.

Rebels, enjoyed it, introduced a couple new characters and revisted some long due old characters but generally struck me as having the same old by-lines. I found very little to make the characters unique in their motivations. The Clones Wars I thought used the uniqueness of the setting and origins to give its characters more depth, particularly those with little analogy to our everyday life.

Clones War did the smart thing in recognizing the prequel had killed its most interesting character and in reviving Maul, but it wasn't until 7th season that I felt they actually got it right, only for Rebels to send it back to the trash heap. I wish that 7th season had happened before Rebels. Then the depth of character and realization Maul was showing in those last four episodes might not have been tossed aside to make him just another thug.

Though the year inconstent, great opening, strange deter to bring Tano back, but those last four episodes of The Clone Wars are at worst the 4th best of all the movies. Maybe higher. And "The Phantom Apprentice" might contain the best continuous 20 minutes of pure action of any Star Wars offering.

Last edited:
Watched the Rise of Skywalker at home and after a 2nd viewing this thing really didn't do much for me. Maybe it was the smaller screen but it seems flat and they tried to force too much into 1 film, there seemed to be at least an hour worth of fat that could have been cut. IMHO over 9 films only 2 are considered great, granted they are the 1st two released so the bar was set high but if epic storytelling was given the priority over things like merchandising, idiotic characters, stunt casting, and pandering to a politically correct crowd this thing could have been arguably the best film series ever. Kind of stinks that it finished with a thud.

pandering to a politically correct crowd this thing could have been arguably the best film series ever. Kind of stinks that it finished with a thud.

I see what I feel is that in some movies. Not so agreed on this. You can't remake the old movies but I think the new are generally made with the casting and role assignment that represents reality more than the old. And at the worse, it's certainly their perogative to remake reality, it is fiction after-all. Other than Rae as the hero and oh my, there's a black guy, I'm not sure what qualifies as any big adjustment that would be considered pandering? But I also imagine I've forced much of the story out of my mind and perhaps forgotten those violations. I'd probably have to rewatch and honestly, I don't deserve that, lol.

If you aren’t, be sure to be watching the Mandalorian documentary on Disney +. They not only go into the show, but the franchise as a whole.

Part 2 of 8 just dropped yesterday.

I'd like to be watching season 2 of the Mandalorian. I watched Skywalker and honestly, can not remember a thing about it.

I really liked Rebels outside of perpetually whining Ezra. I loved the clone wars though because of the broad scope of the show. It covers so much and develops all of the characters in the prequel era. Its also done wonders for people’s perceptions of the prequels.

Disney would be wise to launch a show to plug the gap between episode 8 and 9. There’s about a year between the movies and plenty of stories to tell.

I'd want one about Thrawn and the outer reaches. Thrawn is one of the more interesting characters to me. Was way before he was used in Rebels.

"8 and 9?" are those the last two? Is Skywalker 9? I can't keep track of these things ever since 1, 2 and 3 became 4, 5 and 6, I think. There's a series of books that cover after 3/6 up to this last set of three. My head hurts. I gotta check a wiki.

EDIT
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
  • Solo (2018)
  • Rogue One (2016)
  • Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  • Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (1983)
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
  • Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
I can't remember how Last Jedi ended and Skywalker began to know what stories they'd put in there, other than how they resurrected the actor playing Leia.

Last edited:
All together now. Hell I've never even heard of some of these. Must be old, The Clone War goes to 2020 now.
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles (2013 to 2014)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (2011)
  • The Clone Wars (2008 to 2014)
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
  • Solo (2018)
  • Star Wars Rebels (2014 to 2018)
  • Rogue One (2016)
  • Star Wars: Droids (1985 to 1986)
  • Episode IV: A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Holiday Special (1978)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out (2012)
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  • Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (1983)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (2016 to 2017)
  • Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales (2015)
  • Ewoks (1985 to 1986)
  • The Mandalorian (2019)
  • Star Wars: Resistance (2018 to Present)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises (2016)
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2016)
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
  • Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
  • Star Wars: Forces of Destiny (2017 to Present)

The oddest part of Clone Wars, is keeping the ships straight because everything changes in Episode III. After III, the good guys become the bad guys and the bad guys become the good guys.

It doesn’t hit you much in the movies, but you sense it much more in the show because you see much more of the ships. A lot of the Separatist ships resemble the Rebel ships we see in the original trilogy.

Empire
New Hope

Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Solo
The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker
The Last Jedi

No love for Rogue One?

nothing to distance itself from the pack. For me it was a story filler, recalling a few points I thought poorly done but not interested enough to rewatch an recall those points. Wouldn't put the acting above I-III. Wouldn't put the story above I-III.

I read the books about Urso, Krennic and Tarkin that lead up to and fill in some story for Rogue One and now also read the precursors to the final Skywalker trilogy. All good filler but nothing to distance themselves. Nothing I would call near as good as some of the cannon that was dismissed or the episodes I listed.

nothing to distance itself from the pack. For me it was a story filler, recalling a few points I thought poorly done but not interested enough to rewatch an recall those points. Wouldn't put the acting above I-III. Wouldn't put the story above I-III.

I read the books about Urso, Krennic and Tarkin that lead up to and fill in some story for Rogue One and now also read the precursors to the final Skywalker trilogy. All good filler but nothing to distance themselves. Nothing I would call near as good as some of the cannon that was dismissed or the episodes I listed.

I still need to finish Catalyst. I think I’m like 60% done.

Have a hot take:

Based on everything they did, who ultimately had the more important journey: Luke Skywalker or Ezra Bridger?

Also tempted to throw Ahsoka in there.

Revan

Of those three, I don't recal Bridger's journey amounting to anything of last. Maybe it's to be told in the far reaches. More interesting to me because of Thrawn. Maybe they bring the Yuuzhan Vong back into canon. Ahsoka and the Mandalorians also headed there. No doubt the ghost of Skywalker also headed there. They'll probably all land on a little blue planet.

I'm sure they tried to tell the tale but I'm not sure what the result of Skywalker's journey was. Is there some profound better understanding of anything? Any change in anything? Or did he just live, then die? I'll need to rewatch the last movie but I just started rewatching Phantom menace and place on taking in the whole route. Maybe I'll notive some ultimate goal achieved.

Revan

Of those three, I don't recal Bridger's journey amounting to anything of last. Maybe it's to be told in the far reaches. More interesting to me because of Thrawn. Maybe they bring the Yuuzhan Vong back into canon. Ahsoka and the Mandalorians also headed there. No doubt the ghost of Skywalker also headed there. They'll probably all land on a little blue planet.

I'm sure they tried to tell the tale but I'm not sure what the result of Skywalker's journey was. Is there some profound better understanding of anything? Any change in anything? Or did he just live, then die? I'll need to rewatch the last movie but I just started rewatching Phantom menace and place on taking in the whole route. Maybe I'll notive some ultimate goal achieved.

I just binged all of Clone Wars and all of Rebels which is why I ask.

I’d say Luke’s claim to fame is resisting the emperor, redeeming his father, who by his redemption brought balance to the force. He failed to rebuild the Jedi Order as the last Jedi.

Ahsoka it could be argued was the creator of the rebellion. At the very least one of its architects. She was also critical in curbing Maul’s resurgence to power. I’d say it could also be argued that she was the architect in the “new Jedi” who didn’t see everything in black and white, allowed for compassion and fought for the people, politics aside.

Ezra through his actions in the Rebels finale arguably saves the Rebellion. Do the Rebels win if Thrawn is around in the original trilogy? Ezra also takes part in discovering a hidden Jedi Temple. Saves Ahsoka from Vader, resists recruitment from Both Maul and the emperor, had the ability to open a Jedi holicron, unlocked a Sith Temple and found a Sith holicron, found and accessed the World Between Worlds (something not even the Emperor could do), and learned how to time travel and then resisted the urge to alter the past. It just seems that we’ve seen Ezra DO far more than Luke ever did.

Side note, it seems some of the most impactful Jedi have been the ones who never actually finished their training to become Jedi. Ahsoka, Luke, Ezra, Rey, and evening Ben Solo. None of them ever finished their training. Even Anakin was only granted Jedi status because he was needed to lead during the Clone Wars.

Side note 2, damn it would have been badass to see Maul turn good.

Last edited:
That seems a good analysis to me. Nice to have as I go into my rewatch. Not sure I'll be able to get through all the Clone Wars because I'll never finish. So I may jump over to watch movies. I'll probably rewatch Rebels as that is not too long.

Maul, I saw finding a home in the middle somewhere. He questioned, he was philisophical. He wasn't looking to dominate a galaxy. He had a place like Revan or Ajunta Pall. Someone who was more about the Force, who made a change in what was understood. The gangster turn was disappointing to me.

That seems a good analysis to me. Nice to have as I go into my rewatch. Not sure I'll be able to get through all the Clone Wars because I'll never finish. So I may jump over to watch movies. I'll probably rewatch Rebels as that is not too long.

Maul, I saw finding a home in the middle somewhere. He questioned, he was philisophical. He wasn't looking to dominate a galaxy. He had a place like Revan or Ajunta Pall. Someone who was more about the Force, who made a change in what was understood. The gangster turn was disappointing to me.

I think the gangster turn was a means to an end. It was his form of political power.

I wouldn’t say he wasn’t interested in ruling the Galaxy. He recruited Ahsoka to help him overthrow the emperor.

I think the gangster turn was a means to an end. It was his form of political power.

I wouldn’t say he wasn’t interested in ruling the Galaxy. He recruited Ahsoka to help him overthrow the emperor.

He wanted to kill the emperor. Revenge and to bring balance. And he felt the Sith destroyed the balance. He wasn't looking for power. He was looking for justice. He displayed a lot of those thoughts in that last 4 ep arc of The Clone Wars and those were actually his last words when he died for real for real in Rebels. Anyhow, I just thought he had a better purpose than what was given to the character.

Correction: just rewatched and Maul WAS looking for power. Not ruling so much but power for sure maybe with revenge as the ultimate motivation. Revenge against Obi Wan and Sidieous. He was the first to figure out Sidieous HAD an plan, let alone what the plan was.

After watching them all, my ranking
1. New Hope, Just near perfect. One of the best all-time American movies.
2. Revenge of the Sith & last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars. Revenge I felt was good but it's retconed
to be one with those episodes, which elevate it to the only movie I feel competes with New Hope and that could stand alone without the franchise.
3. The Clone Wars Animated: Brilliant in so many ways.
4. Solo: not great movie making but I enjoyed it so... might work as a stand alone but probably not.
5. Empire Strikes Back: kind of a one trick pony, "Luke...
6. Rebels Animated
7. Rogue One: didn't feel the acting or story was great but at least served a purpose.
8. Return of the Jedi: we ALL know they only wanted to sell toys.

Anything after here, at best early Sci-Fi channel. A series of sight gags and trying to build the franchise. If not for the franchise loyalty, would have been streamed.

9.Phantom, Attack: if they'd combined these two into one movie, dived deeper into what "balance" was and showed clearly the war was affecting the Jedi (because Windu....), they'd have served the franchise better.
10. Awakens, Last, Rise. otherwise known as Star Wars: No Hope.

Last edited: