Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Am I the only one in the world that had no idea what you guys are talking about? Not sure why (I was pretty young when the original premiered) and because no one in my family was interested I missed the whole phenomenon. Of course I’ve heard of the force, Jedi, Yoda etc but I don’t know any of the storylines. My son and my wife went to see the movie last week but didn’t invite me. I told them I had never seen any of the SW series and they reminded me we had seen the one with JarJar Binks at the theatre. Do you guys know anyone else in my situation? I know there are many but I don’t seem to know them. Lol

Am I the only one in the world that had no idea what you guys are talking about? Not sure why (I was pretty young when the original premiered) and because no one in my family was interested I missed the whole phenomenon. Of course I’ve heard of the force, Jedi, Yoda etc but I don’t know any of the storylines. My son and my wife went to see the movie last week but didn’t invite me. I told them I had never seen any of the SW series and they reminded me we had seen the one with JarJar Binks at the theatre. Do you guys know anyone else in my situation? I know there are many but I don’t seem to know them. Lol

I know plenty of people who have never seen Star Wars, albeit most of them women.

I mean I guess I can see it. If you’re in your 30’s right now, you missed the original trilogy in theaters, or at least the beginning of it. I was two when Return of the Jedi came out.

I know plenty of people who have never seen Star Wars, albeit most of them women.

I mean I guess I can see it. If you’re in your 30’s right now, you missed the original trilogy in theaters, or at least the beginning of it. I was two when Return of the Jedi came out.
One of those "I never knew" in life. At Christmas I mentioned "Baby Yoda," and my Grandma aged cousin said "who?" Her grandkid said "who?"

I took them out the will.

Don't believe he is. Guy I follow on YouTube says January they will be announcing the next trilogy plans ans whom directing. Kennedy lady ia no to be involvedm

After watching The Mandalorian, I hope they hand the keys to the next trilogy to Favreau. The Mandalorian is better than any of the movies that have come out since the original 3.

Regarding “Rise of Skywalker”... to me it served its purpose. I was entertained. It wasn’t my favorite movie but much better than TLJ.

Since the original trilogy, most of the movies have been “eh”. I liked Rogue One. I thought Solo was entertaining. Didn’t like much from the prequels...and hated TLJ. The Force Awakens was entertaining but was too much of a rip off of A New Hope.

Saw this movie tonight and not impressed. Getting to read through this thread, seems others saw many of the same holes that I saw. I'm not an action/chase/fight scene movie fan, so this movie was never going to be my type of movie.

I'm also not a big Star Wars fan. I've seen all the movies but struggle just naming a few of the characters outside the originals. This movie was probably much better for those that had a firm understanding of the history of this franchise. If this was just a stand alone movie and no one saw any of the previous movies, I don't think it would rate very well.

After watching The Mandalorian, I hope they hand the keys to the next trilogy to Favreau. The Mandalorian is better than any of the movies that have come out since the original 3.
He definitely has a good track record but part of me is afraid we'd get RD Jr meets Fozzy Bear. He's good at customer service. I like The Mandalorian but take away the "cute" and it's Xena: Warrior Princess in different clothing.

I don't know that Favreau would want to do a trilogy. I could see him doing one movie.

Kevin Feige of Marvel has an idea for Star Wars that is apparently in development. Odds are Favreau or Waititi would direct given their relationship with Feige. After seeing his recent work, including multiple episodes of the Mandalorian (including the finale), Waititi would be my choice.

I'm just excited they are branching out more. I love the Skywalker Saga, but there's so much more to explore. The animated shows hit on a lot, it's nice to see some of that finally crossing over into live action (ie the final shot of the Mandalorian finale).

I'm also excited for the Cassian Andor show. I wasn't necessarily at first, but if they can give us a Rebel Spy show in the same tone of the Mandalorian, it should be a lot of fun.

I don't know that Favreau would want to do a trilogy. I could see him doing one movie.

Kevin Feige of Marvel has an idea for Star Wars that is apparently in development. Odds are Favreau or Waititi would direct given their relationship with Feige. After seeing his recent work, including multiple episodes of the Mandalorian (including the finale), Waititi would be my choice.

I'm just excited they are branching out more. I love the Skywalker Saga, but there's so much more to explore. The animated shows hit on a lot, it's nice to see some of that finally crossing over into live action (ie the final shot of the Mandalorian finale).

I'm also excited for the Cassian Andor show. I wasn't necessarily at first, but if they can give us a Rebel Spy show in the same tone of the Mandalorian, it should be a lot of fun.
Favreau did Iron Man, which launched everything Marvel became.

Now he's in the midst of doing the best Star wars stuff in years (save rogue one possibly)

I'd give him pretty much anything

The insider I follow on youtube, Mike Zeroh, has stated he likely will have the trilogy, and that the whole story is going to be written and pretty much filmed at the same time so there is a great flow to it, like this last trilogy should have been.

Also some cool news out about the new shows on Disney plus, Kenobi, Vader, Skywalker, and old mainstays showing up in the Mandalorian, etc.

Said 10 years of shows have been planned with two coming out per year, spring and fall!

The insider I follow on youtube, Mike Zeroh, has stated he likely will have the trilogy, and that the whole story is going to be written and pretty much filmed at the same time so there is a great flow to it, like this last trilogy should have been.

Also some cool news out about the new shows on Disney plus, Kenobi, Vader, Skywalker, and old mainstays showing up in the Mandalorian, etc.

Said 10 years of shows have been planned with two coming out per year, spring and fall!

I’d love to see a series like Mandalorian based upon what Darth Vader was up to during the 20 some years between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I’d rather see that than a Kenobi series or movie.

I’d love to see a series like Mandalorian based upon what Darth Vader was up to during the 20 some years between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I’d rather see that than a Kenobi series or movie.
Said that is very likely happening with Vader, either based totally on him or the Sith with him in it and the Jedi purge. It is going to be a very good ten years in Star Wars lore. Two series/seasons a year, a trilogy by the same person with a distinct vision...man the future looks great.

Matter of fact, think I am leaving work soon and catching an afternoon showing of this movie for a third time!

The animated shows hit on a lot, it's nice to see some of that finally crossing over into live action (ie the final shot of the Mandalorian finale

Yeah I wanna know how he got that.

And whether animated or live action, I want to see what the very last scene of Rebels led to.

Yeah I wanna know how he got that.

And whether animated or live action, I want to see what the very last scene of Rebels led to.

I would put good money on us not having seen the last of Ahsoka.

And Ezra still has the coolest lightsaber IMO.

Said that is very likely happening with Vader, either based totally on him or the Sith with him in it and the Jedi purge. It is going to be a very good ten years in Star Wars lore. Two series/seasons a year, a trilogy by the same person with a distinct vision...man the future looks great.

Matter of fact, think I am leaving work soon and catching an afternoon showing of this movie for a third time!

I don’t see us ever getting Vader under the mask without James Earl Jones.

I think the time has passed on this idea and Disney is learning that many fans want the OG characters left alone.

I don’t see us ever getting Vader under the mask without James Earl Jones.

I think the time has passed on this idea and Disney is learning that many fans want the OG characters left alone.

Given fan reaction to Vader's last scene in Rogue One, i disagree.

A limited series (1 season with 6 to 8 episodes), of Vader hunting down Jedi would be very popular.

Given fan reaction to Vader's last scene in Rogue One, i disagree.

A limited series (1 season with 6 to 8 episodes), of Vader hunting down Jedi would be very popular.

Jones’ did the voice then. I don’t think they ever recast Vader’s voice. It’s that iconic.

Other than Jones' age is there another reason he can't or won't do the voice? Isn't he going to be in Coming to America 2 so I assume he is still able to perform.

Other than Jones' age is there another reason he can't or won't do the voice? Isn't he going to be in Coming to America 2 so I assume he is still able to perform.

He could but he’s about to turn 89 and a Vader show is likely at least 3 years away if even being considered at all. No news source has reported one being in development.

I don’t see it ever happening.

agreed

always wanted to see vader cruising across the universe mowing down jedi in hiding

I would settle for one movie but i am talking a trilogy where the bad guys win. Sets up the stage for another trilogy after that.

So the prequels. Every single prequel movie ends with the bad guys on top, even when the good guys don’t know it.

Phantom Menace ends with Palpatine becoming Chancellor over the Senate and meeting Anakin.

Attack of the Clones ends with the start of the war, orchestrated by Palpatine who throughout the movie begins to manipulate Anakin to the dark side. Anakin loses a hand in the process.

Revenge of the Sith sees the near complete destruction of the Jedi, birth of Darth Vader, birth of the empire, Yoda defeated and shamed into hiding, and the beginnings of the Death Star.

Literally the only win for the good guys in the prequels is the birth of Luke and Leia.

Last edited:
True but you knew how it was all going to play out so the surprise wasn’t there and those movies weren’t very good bc of many other aspects

May the 4th be with you.

empire.jpg