Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
What do you consider Johnson screw ups?
I liked the last Jedi, but I feel if Abrams had done all three we would have seen a better flow between all 3 and he coulda set stuff up with intentions of expounding on them. A screw up may been a poor choice but one vision woulda.been better. He coulda taken the scene of Rey as a child, and with Luke's light saber flashback and added a fews more clues and tidbits in EP 8

I liked the last Jedi, but I feel if Abrams had done all three we would have seen a better flow between all 3 and he coulda set stuff up with intentions of expounding on them. A screw up may been a poor choice but one vision woulda.been better. He coulda taken the scene of Rey as a child, and with Luke's light saber flashback and added a fews more clues and tidbits in EP 8
Ok. I agree there might have been better continuity if one of them did all 3.

I agree wholeheartedly with Crusaders. Once I saw Pallpatine I laughed (got his reference).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a whole, the Star Wars franchise is like pizza or sex, its tough to F up. It reminded me of GOT or TWD to a degree in that the beginning was so good and then in order to make money they bled it dry by forcing an awful and hastily written script at the end.

There are throwback nostalgic moments that make the movie great such as Rey calling herself Skywalker on Tatoine and staring off at the two suns much like Luke from New Hope. However, the speed of this movie is off the charts. They throw a lot at you with zero development or care and all kinds of plot holes (Knights of Ren, Can we get some backstory? Hux is a traitor. Zero development. The new dude who is somehow above Hux that we've never seen before? Poe's past life, his past love interest - which they squashed at the end, Rey being able to leave the planet and fly to Kylo Ren's "office" on his ship even though the Knights tracked her to that planet, Leia training to be a Jedi, A sith "wayfinder"? WTF? 2 of em? 1,000 years of Jedi and they never figure it out? The new Storm Trooper detractors introduced at the end - which seem to be related to Lando? A new world beyond physics? Who built that huge fleet? Who were all of those cloaked dudes in the arena at the end? And again, how the f$ck is Pallpatine still alive? And many more.). I will say they did a good job figuring out how to end Leia properly.

Bottom line is the original 3 rock and the rest are garbage. With that said I'll still watch due to the nostalgic factor. Maybe they will get a spin off right in the near future.

Force ghosts can now manipulate the physical world. Lmao what a bunch of world ruining nonsense

Your mistake is thinking they would never learn to.

You think the 1st Force-sensitive mortal knew immediately they could move a rock?

Your mistake is thinking they would never learn to.

You think the 1st Force-sensitive mortal knew immediately they could move a rock?

Learn to? There's no reason to suspect it's even possible, and that's not even the biggest problem. The main problem with it is the selectivity with which its used and how it raises plot-ruining questions about previous Star Wars films. And this is just one of many, many problems with how the film was written and made.

Learn to? There's no reason to suspect it's even possible, and that's not even the biggest problem. The main problem with it is the selectivity with which its used and how it raises plot-ruining questions about previous Star Wars films. And this is just one of many, many problems with how the film was written and made.
Lol. See?

I always get a kick out of people who feel the need to talk down to people who are into film beyond what looks cool.

We're talking about Star Wars are we not? A series known for its visuals, right? When you imply fans shouldn't care about the writing, what are you saying? They should just take bad stories that look good. That's how implication works. Welcome to third grade.

We're talking about Star Wars are we not? A series known for its visuals, right? When you imply fans shouldn't care about the writing, what are you saying? They should just take bad stories that look good. That's how implication works. Welcome to third grade.
Lol. That felt like a 3rd graders interpretation of implication. The dialogue was bad? Was the plot bad? You just think something is unrealistic. That’s stupid. It’s sci-fi, the entire thing is unrealistic.

That's simply what implication is and how it works.

Being "unrealistic" doesn't matter, what matters is maintaining boundaries and consistency. People don't read Alice and Wonderland and dismiss it out of hand because cats don't fly and caterpillars can't talk, because those things works for that particular story. What would make people dismiss it is Alice suddenly turning into a dragon (especially without an explanation) and burning everyone alive, breaking the boundaries of the established world and shredding continuity.

There's good writing and bad writing, and the last 3 of the main Star Wars films have been poorly written.

That's simply what implication is and how it works.

Being "unrealistic" doesn't matter, what matters is maintaining boundaries and consistency. People don't read Alice and Wonderland and dismiss it out of hand because cats don't fly and caterpillars can't talk, because those things works for that particular story. What would make people dismiss it is Alice suddenly turning into a dragon (especially without an explanation) and burning everyone alive, breaking the boundaries of the established world and shredding continuity.

There's good writing and bad writing, and the last 3 of the main Star Wars films have been poorly written.
Star Wars went outside the boundaries Crudsaders established for it. Lol.

I just wish Abrams had all three of these movies as I think he coulda made something as epic as the original but he had to fix stuff Johnson screwed up

I don’t think Abrams or Johnson necessarily screwed anything up. They just had very different styles.

I hope Johnson still gets his trilogy.

I don’t think Abrams or Johnson necessarily screwed anything up. They just had very different styles.

I hope Johnson still gets his trilogy.
Don't believe he is. Guy I follow on YouTube says January they will be announcing the next trilogy plans ans whom directing. Kennedy lady ia no to be involvedm

I agree wholeheartedly with Crusaders. Once I saw Pallpatine I laughed (got his reference).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a whole, the Star Wars franchise is like pizza or sex, its tough to F up. It reminded me of GOT or TWD to a degree in that the beginning was so good and then in order to make money they bled it dry by forcing an awful and hastily written script at the end.

There are throwback nostalgic moments that make the movie great such as Rey calling herself Skywalker on Tatoine and staring off at the two suns much like Luke from New Hope. However, the speed of this movie is off the charts. They throw a lot at you with zero development or care and all kinds of plot holes (Knights of Ren, Can we get some backstory? Hux is a traitor. Zero development. The new dude who is somehow above Hux that we've never seen before? Poe's past life, his past love interest - which they squashed at the end, Rey being able to leave the planet and fly to Kylo Ren's "office" on his ship even though the Knights tracked her to that planet, Leia training to be a Jedi, A sith "wayfinder"? WTF? 2 of em? 1,000 years of Jedi and they never figure it out? The new Storm Trooper detractors introduced at the end - which seem to be related to Lando? A new world beyond physics? Who built that huge fleet? Who were all of those cloaked dudes in the arena at the end? And again, how the f$ck is Pallpatine still alive? And many more.). I will say they did a good job figuring out how to end Leia properly.

Bottom line is the original 3 rock and the rest are garbage. With that said I'll still watch due to the nostalgic factor. Maybe they will get a spin off right in the near future.

You called the movie great and garbage in the same post...

I always get a kick out of sci-fi fanboys who get upset about something being unrealistic in a sequel movie.

Cute.

Is all I could think about when I saw Kylo Ren and Rey pulling that ship back and forth was good spy/bad spy from Mad Magazine (down to the pan out of black & white). Cheesy as F. Wait! Chewy was not on that ship! Lol.

I'm not even a Star Wars "guy" but at some point it has to somehow make sense.

You called the movie great and garbage in the same post...

Ever hear the saying "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"? It is something like that. Story was good. It has nostalgia. Product in and of itself not very good. If you can sit through that movie and overlook all of the holes then congrats.

Bringing Pallpatine back would be like bringing Sallozzo back in Godfather III. I actually think I could buy that one more but hey the CGI was great. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ever hear the saying "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"? It is something like that. Story was good. It has nostalgia. Product in and of itself not very good. If you can sit through that movie and overlook all of the holes then congrats.

Bringing Pallpatine back would be like bringing Sallozzo back in Godfather III. I actually think I could buy that one more but hey the CGI was great. :ROFLMAO:
Oh c'mon IB. There was no Leia flying through space. Thought for sure you would have graded this an A- for that fact alone. ;)

Merry Christmas!

You know who I’d really love to see get the next crack at Star Wars? Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Writers of:

The Chronicles of Narnia trilogy
Pain & Gain (considered one of Michael Bay’s best films)
Captain America: First Avenger
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

I’d hand them their own Star Wars trilogy tomorrow.

You know who I’d really love to see get the next crack at Star Wars? Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Writers of:

The Chronicles of Narnia trilogy
Pain & Gain (considered one of Michael Bay’s best films)
Captain America: First Avenger
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

I’d hand them their own Star Wars trilogy tomorrow.
Word is in January they are going to announce a few things about the next trilogy, like whom would write/direct it and possible stars.

Without giving away spoilers, I think they can still revisit the Skywalker's moving forward.