"stand Up"!!!!!

You guys laugh but as a wrestler when a coach yells "free move" or "stand up" or whatever it may be you think ok lube I should do that. I know there have been many times where my coach yelled your move (I knew what my move was) and I would do it. When your on the mat you can lose track of what the plan was and sometimes the coaches have to remind you. On a side note when I wrestled I didnt hear 90% of what is said in the stands but a SQUEEZE! can be heard every time.....and always makes me laugh

The Best

There is a mom from, I believe, Brookhaven High School in Columbus. She is the absolute best. She will stomp her feet, jump up and down, pray to the skies, scream for her "babies" and yell like there is no tomorrow. I am halfway convinced that she is going to go on the mat herself. I watch her, as does everyone else in the stands, more than almost any of the kids who are on the mat [they might be watching too]. If she appears at a tournament this year, I have resolved to tape her and post in on YouTube. Absolutely, hysterical, second best show in town [to actual mat wrestling]. If anyone has her on video, you have GOT to post it.

You guys laugh but as a wrestler when a coach yells "free move" or "stand up" or whatever it may be you think ok lube I should do that. I know there have been many times where my coach yelled your move (I knew what my move was) and I would do it. When your on the mat you can lose track of what the plan was and sometimes the coaches have to remind you. On a side note when I wrestled I didnt hear 90% of what is said in the stands but a SQUEEZE! can be heard every time.....and always makes me laugh

Ahhhhh the classic "Squeeze!" it is a staple of every wrestling mother's vocabulary.

I am guilty of this;

but, in my defense...if you knew my kid.....:banana:

I too, am guilty of this one. Some others I've heard and chuckled over:

get your head out . . .
dig it in . . .
lock it . . .
make 'em feel pain . . .
put a hurt on 'em . . .
pull it . . .

i agree w/ countinglights. yelling and cheering for my son helps release the nervous energy in a positive manner!

My oldest son was wrestling years ago and was beating his opponent by 14. All of the sudden I hear " go for the headlock!" I turn around to see who would say something so stupid. I should have known it was my wife who's vocabulary is "squeeze", "pin'em", and " headlock".

These are a little off topic, but my two personal favorite wrestling statements follow.

Wrestler shows up day of the match 6 pounds over after weighing out on weight the night before and with a sraight face looks at me and says.

"Coach, I only had an orange."

or

"Coach, I only had a drink of water when I brushed my teeth."

I'm surprised no one has mentioned (or if they did, I missed it)

"Up and out! Up and out!"

I have been guilty of yelling "GET UP" even knowing full well at the time that if he COULD get up, he would be! LOL

Two years ago at an intrasquad match a wrestler we all knew as Robert was wrestling a bigger kid and his little 7 year old sister starts yelling "Come on Bobby, Come on Bobby" Her little voice carried over the crowd and everyone else got quiet just to hear "Come on Bobby" To this day if we are at a match our little group will watch a mat with kids we don't know and we will scream "come on Bobby"!!!!!

Two years ago at an intrasquad match a wrestler we all knew as Robert was wrestling a bigger kid and his little 7 year old sister starts yelling "Come on Bobby, Come on Bobby" Her little voice carried over the crowd and everyone else got quiet just to hear "Come on Bobby" To this day if we are at a match our little group will watch a mat with kids we don't know and we will scream "come on Bobby"!!!!!

Alot of people named Robert go by 'Bobby" I have no clue why, not like its any shorter.

I used to make things up to see if I could get someone to yell it. Some of my favorites.

The power single
The double tilt reverse

I got my sister to yell these... lol

Rebublic, who could forget the classic HE'S STALLING, COME ON REF...

lol, got someone to do this back in the day. I made up word 'Sackawitch', sure enough next thing I hear is 'SACKAWITCH, SACKAWITCH'

LOL

One of my first matches as a referee...middle school...the coach said to the kid "kick him"...well you know what he did! He backed off and kicked him, right in the butt! I damn near died laughing. Didn't even penalize him for it...too funny.

Hilarious!!! It was good to see you at Mt. Union the other day. We did attend the Ohio State dual the next day. You did a great job as usual!

First match I ever watched where I had a kid involved I didn't breath. Darn near passed out from lack of oxygen. The Mom in me was in panic mode because I had never seen one of my kids go one on one against anyone before. (He was a 7th grade basketball reject, was my first exposure to wrestling). I can't even remember if he won or not. Needless to say, I didn't say a WORD during the whole thing. I started video taping all my kid's matches and realized that the camera picks up EVERYTHING you say. Taught me to keep my mouth SHUT!

Saw someone's gramma get kicked out of the gym before because her grandson lost to at sectionals to a kid from our team. He was a senior who was a returning SQ and didn't make it out. Started screaming B&^%%$T at top of her lungs then walked down to matside to continue screaming at the ref. The nice policeman walked her out to the parking lot. The funny thing was all of the family (who was not sitting with her) looked at each other trying to figure out who was going to go out and deal with her. More sad than funny, but gave me a chuckle at the time.