"stand Up"!!!!!

Russianb1ood

Now that competition is right around the corner, what are the most humorous things you hear parents and fans yelling? Sometimes the parents are as entertaining as the match itself.

love when threads like this start up.
my personal favorite was from a middle school coach, a kid was scissoring the body and making the other kid yell and grunt like crazy cause i guess he needed one more point and was going for the scream point. the reff said to the kid to ease up a little, the coach shook his head and said "hey look at me. hes fine, keep squeezing' lol

love when threads like this start up.
my personal favorite was from a middle school coach, a kid was scissoring the body and making the other kid yell and grunt like crazy cause i guess he needed one more point and was going for the scream point. the reff said to the kid to ease up a little, the coach shook his head and said "hey look at me. hes fine, keep squeezing' lol

LOL! Great story.
"SQUEEZEEEE" is another of my favorites!

"get off your back"......... As a youth mat coach I'm very guilty of it... but do remember as a wrestler hearing it and thinking 'well no s#!t sherlock! I'm tryin!' lol

"Wrestle Smart"- (Gee, think the wrestler intended to wrestle like a dumb@##?
"Explode"- (Spontaneous combustion?)
"Move"- (Really? I think I'd rather turtle up for a bit)

Last edited:
I hate it when fans and coaches start yelling "stalling" when its clearly not the case. In some matches this might be a legit request. However most of the time this is not the case. When a wrestler with a one point lead has taken 20 shots through out the match to his opponents 2 and is defending off ugly looking half shots it is NOT stalling. Stop trying to get the ref to give you a point!!!!!!!!

I hate it when fans and coaches start yelling "stalling" when its clearly not the case. In some matches this might be a legit request. However most of the time this is not the case. When a wrestler with a one point lead has taken 20 shots through out the match to his opponents 2 and is defending off ugly looking half shots it is NOT stalling. Stop trying to get the ref to give you a point!!!!!!!!

This one gets to me too (twoooooo). I'd like to know whether Refs are really influenced by the angry screams from the stands.

Mason and I both razz my wife and recall the time she screamed " Cradle him ! " Mason was on the bottom ! I emediatly started laughing and she has never lived it down. 4 years running.

"What's he doing on top?!"
"What's he doing on bottom?!"
"He's Gotta move!"

"Let'em Wrestle!"

"Look where you're at!" (aka "Get out of bounds!")

"Oh come on!"
"You gotta be kidding me!"

"He's Pinned!"

"Circle!" (aka "Stall!")

"Watch the arm!"
"Watch the knee!"

"Clasping!"

These are all great! This could spawn another thread of "Wrestling Code Words" (ex. "Circle" = "Stall", etc.)

This one gets to me too (twoooooo). I'd like to know whether Refs are really influenced by the angry screams from the stands.

I use to reff and it made me mad and I have told more than one coach to let me make the call and sit down. I have also been warned by a reff in the same situation. I sat down because I didn't want to be the reason a kid lost. Excitement is one thing but doing it over and over is in my mind a technical violation or at least a unsportsmen like conduct if they don't sit down and be quiet. I do yell "hook the leg , so that when he does the reff is looking for it.
JMO

"What's he doing on top?!"
"What's he doing on bottom?!"
"He's Gotta move!"

"Let'em Wrestle!"

"Look where you're at!" (aka "Get out of bounds!")

"Oh come on!"
"You gotta be kidding me!"

"He's Pinned!"

"Circle!" (aka "Stall!")

"Watch the arm!"
"Watch the knee!"

"Clasping!"

These are all great! This could spawn another thread of "Wrestling Code Words" (ex. "Circle" = "Stall", etc.)

This is awesome ! You could do a wrestling dictionary. There r a few of my favorits in the list above. Good one.

some Ive heard its horrible how some of this fans act :wallbang:

come on thats bull sh$$
Rip his head off
Thats pathetic
You retard
open your eyes
Stop playing favorites LOL
your horrible

711 get out of bounds

This is more strange than humorous but it's probably the oddest thing I ever saw in a varsity match. Top man is working his way up from the ankles...bottom man is working his way back to a base...just as top man gets near the hips, bottom man thrusts his rear end towards the sky. Butt meets face. Top man rolls off and has his hands cupped around his mouth which is bleeding profusely...at the same time bottom is screaming and limping from the mat...one of top man's bloody front tooth is embedded in bottom man's butt cheek. Tooth is eventually extracted...bottom man is declared winner.

my junior year versus fairfield.... my teammate had busted nose and ref whistled match for blood multiple times..... parent in stands whom is very angry, screams, "why don't you give some more blood time ref, pathetic" :laugh:

the best things you hear from parents/fans are the comments that make zero sense because they are uneducated on certain situations.

Coolguy, how about when one of our teammates got blasted off the mat onto the gym floor and his mother ran out yellin "My baby! My BABY!!!" haha!

Another good one: "WHAT'S RED DOING?? WHAT'S HE DOIN'?!?" (obviously works for green too!)

My dad always yelled "Come on Eric!" over and over again until he eventually bit my mom's hand out of nervousness/excitement.

I am going to laugh on my sons expense. At Grade School State my son was wrestling in the semis and right before they went out Coach Perez told him to make sure he circles and stay near the middle of mat and so match goes to third period with him winning by 1 point. Well with about 30 seconds they are near edge and other kid starts getting desperate and starts shooting from every angle repeatedly. Coach Perez notices him getting close to out of bounds and wants the clock to keep running so he tells him to "circle !!" My son stops wrestling looks around finds the circle and runs to it and waits for the other wrestler to come to him to continue to wrestle. I saw this and was yelling "what kind of coaching is that?" They end up going right to the edge again and Coach Perez yells "Circle !!" again and this time he is tied up with the kid and so he lets go shoves him just enough and heads to circle. Well he wins match and when he gets up to stands we ask him what he was doing and is reply was " you told me to circle and and stay near center of mat so when you was yelling circle I thought you wanted me to go to it!!"