ST X or Lakota West?

West has one hell of a defense, but X's offense right now is just on another level. I am thinking X wins something like 30-13 or so.

Reactions: 4GX
X has the better QB obviously, that's just the sole reason why they win. Lakota west has not done a good job prepping for a GCL team. you cant beat a GCL team the way you beat a GMC team.

X has the better QB obviously, that's just the sole reason why they win. Lakota west has not done a good job prepping for a GCL team. you cant beat a GCL team the way you beat a GMC team.
Well, not sure how true that is but West does have the most successful coach in the state in preparing for and beating GCL teams in Tom Bolden, so West definitely has that on their side.

Won't be enough to win the game, but it's a plus.

-CardinalsFan

Congratulations to LW on a great season. If your only loss of the season is in the Regional finals to X be proud. i am a GMC guy but wishing X well in representing SW Ohio at state.

Guess we’ll see just how smart the coaches were that gave West the #1 seed..... X by 21

West by 2 scores. St. X has been feasting on terrible defenses.
I dont think any team in the GMC can come close to matching X's passing attack, LW is really good, but I don't know if anyone is holding this offense to under 30 points. West's offense is not going to be as threatening to X any more than Elder, Cathedral, or Brownsburg, and maybe LaSalle. It could be interesting if X has to go one dimensional on offense, but if they're clicking on offense and West can't control the clock or hit passing home runs, it could be ugly.

The St.X offense has shifted to a higher gear. I can't ever remember seeing a ST X team that passes so much. I watched the Elder game and at one point Elder was only pass rushing 3 up front because they were getting burned so bad in the secondary. Don't get me wrong. Elder was no slouch. Some of the passes by X were threading the needle. X overwhelmed any zone coverages and had too much receiver talent to do man on man.

I'm a Pick Central fan, hoping for another opportunity for a PC v. X game. Right now X's offense is off the charts great. It's a matter of slowing them down on offense, and finding some turnovers and special teams wins. I also think you have to be more physical then X to set a tone with the receiving core. I didn't see Elder ever really knock anybody around, and believe this allowed X to do whatever they wanted on offense.

St X got sloppy with Elder. I was surprised on a lot of the poor timing of penalties. They definitely opened the door in the second half for Elder to come back into the game. But as soon as St X got the ball back their offense took care of business.

There were holes in St.X's defense, but I don't think LW has enough on their offense to go big on X. X is their own enemy right now. I do think the X defense can get pushed around. I had watched the Lakota West/East game and was not really "wowed" by either team. I will be cheering on LW, but can't see how they will slow the X offense. STX wins big 42-14.

The St.X offense has shifted to a higher gear. I can't ever remember seeing a ST X team that passes so much. I watched the Elder game and at one point Elder was only pass rushing 3 up front because they were getting burned so bad in the secondary. Don't get me wrong. Elder was no slouch. Some of the passes by X were threading the needle. X overwhelmed any zone coverages and had too much receiver talent to do man on man.

I'm a Pick Central fan, hoping for another opportunity for a PC v. X game. Right now X's offense is off the charts great. It's a matter of slowing them down on offense, and finding some turnovers and special teams wins. I also think you have to be more physical then X to set a tone with the receiving core. I didn't see Elder ever really knock anybody around, and believe this allowed X to do whatever they wanted on offense.

St X got sloppy with Elder. I was surprised on a lot of the poor timing of penalties. They definitely opened the door in the second half for Elder to come back into the game. But as soon as St X got the ball back their offense took care of business.

There were holes in St.X's defense, but I don't think LW has enough on their offense to go big on X. X is their own enemy right now. I do think the X defense can get pushed around. I had watched the Lakota West/East game and was not really "wowed" by either team. I will be cheering on LW, but can't see how they will slow the X offense. STX wins big 42-14.
You’ve made a lot of very perceptive comments here, I believe. I’ll provide a couple of rejoinders:
1) I don’t think X’s receivers are susceptible to being “muscled”— at least, not within the rules, without drawing pass interference or holding penalties— they’ve played against some great defenses this year (two of them at the top of the rankings in Indiana) and that did not cause them to lose effectiveness... Clifford and Patterson are both pretty good size and pretty physical (as receivers go)— if you are going to try to put LBs on them, good luck with that, and they are as big or bigger (and stronger) than most DBs... both are NCAA Division I recruits (Penn State and Air Force), so obviously, coaches at the next level expect them to be able to handle the physicality of the Big Ten, etc.... and the other 3 receivers aren’t bad either (including a really good sized TE)...
2) X has not been bad on penalties this year (contrary to a LOT of prior years)-- the offensive line has been pretty clean on false starts, holding, etc... they pass block better than ANY offensive line I’ve ever seen at X (though the short-yardage run-blocking can leave something to be desired, as you probably saw on that first quarter 3rd & 1 failure that they had).

3) I agree that there are holes in the X defense— but it’s NOT the area where X is prone to being “pushed around” (unless you are talking about big receivers, like Elder’s Nieman did in the first game against X)— the front six on X’s defense have been pretty stout... the weakness has been pass defense, especially against big, physical, talented receivers (there’s a SHOCK— who wouldn’t be exposed by that kind of player, with a QB that can throw the ball accurately?). X has been prone to getting burned by the long pass, as you may have seen in the Elder game (and several others this year)— but if you think you are just going to line up and run it against X, you are probably going to be sorely disappointed— only a few teams over the years (Colerain and Ig, at their very best) have been able to do that with any success at all... I recall that Pick Central did NOT really do that, with their big ace RB, in the 2016 game— it took a series of improvised scrambles on broken plays, by their big, athletic (D-I recruit?) QB, along with PC throwing the ball FAR more than I think they usually did, to get them back into that game— else X would have won that one going away. BTW, THAT is the other thing that has ALWAYS been tough on X’s defense— a QB that can scramble effectively— Elder’s primary QB this year (unlike last year’s) was not much of a threat to tuck it and run—and it suited X FAR more than last year.

X does throw it this year, more than almost any year in the past (certainly in the current head coach’s tenure)-- that is attributable to two things: 1) X got a new, highly competent offensive coordinator (from Louisville Trinity) last year— and he has really taken the offensive scheme to a new level of both sophistication and execution; and 2) X has SO MUCH talent in that area (for once) that it would be foolish NOT to take advantage of it, as they are this year... no sense running the ball for 2-3 yards/play, when the passing plays are probably averaging more than 10 yards/play...

Which means that trying to “control the clock” against X this year has been kind of a fool’s errand— Elder had the ball for almost exactly 50% more time last week than X did (28+ minutes to 19+ minutes)— and lost by 28– and would have likely given up 70 points, if the game had still been in doubt at all in the fourth quarter.

Not sure if it will matter but LW does start two D1 corners. X receivers are the best in the area so that will be a fun battle to watch. I think West has the edge in the running game. Can West score enough points is the question.

Not sure if it will matter but LW does start two D1 corners. X receivers are the best in the area so that will be a fun battle to watch. I think West has the edge in the running game. Can West score enough points is the question.
I’m actually gonna have to say it’s a tie or X advantage. X has 3 guys that rotate at RB that are all very solid backs.

Agreed on the receivers, that will be really interesting. Does West run the option like Bolden did at Colerain, or a more traditional offense?