St Vincent St Mary 2020

This thread has been surprisingly silent for much of the season.

What's up on the SVSM injury front? Is Linberger hurt? What's the plan at QB now? Any inside scoop on the cancellation with Harding?

This thread has been surprisingly silent for much of the season.

What's up on the SVSM injury front? Is Linberger hurt? What's the plan at QB now? Any inside scoop on the cancellation with Harding?
They are dropping like flies over there. Considering the number of season ending injuries and outgoing transfers they have had in the last few weeks, we just might be seeing the coaching staff or the Irish alumni suiting up to play in the next game.

They are dropping like flies over there. Considering the number of season ending injuries and outgoing transfers they have had in the last few weeks, we just might be seeing the coaching staff or the Irish alumni suiting up to play in the next game.
Kids have been transferring in season? Even a season like this?

Interestingly the article in the Plain Dealer in mid August mentioned a 3 way QB battle for the Irish between a Sr, Jr, and Soph.
The sophomore won the battle and played until an injury against Hoban. I know the Jr transferred to Padua. I’m not sure what happened to the Sr.

Interestingly the article in the Plain Dealer in mid August mentioned a 3 way QB battle for the Irish between a Sr, Jr, and Soph.
The sophomore won the battle and played until an injury against Hoban. I know the Jr transferred to Padua. I’m not sure what happened to the Sr.
The senior supposedly won the QB battle. He was the starter for week 1, played the first half of the game at QB and never started again.

Last edited:
The senior actually won the QB battle. He was the starter for week 1, played the first half of the game at QB and never started again.

I stand corrected. It doesn’t make sense why they would cancel the game though. If the two QBs are comparable why wouldn’t you want the Sr to play a game before the playoffs?

I stand corrected. It doesn’t make sense why they would cancel the game though. If the two QBs are comparable why wouldn’t you want the Sr to play a game before the playoffs?
That’s the million dollar question that we’ve all had. Makes no sense, but that’s nothing new.

I think it's a little crappy to bail on Harding, even if some of your players are hurt.

What's the story on Linberger?

It’s definitely not a good look and there are quite a few alumni that aren’t real happy with the way things are going down there. The frequent mistakes that are being made by a newbie HC will surely prove to be a detriment, not only to the team, but also to the reputation of the program in general.

I guess this is what happens when a school is constantly crying broke every time they need to hire someone new. You get what you pay for.

Let me say this up front- I don't know much about Bobby Nickol. He might be the best head coach in the world being held down by other factors. I certainly wish him the best of luck.c That being said, I think that there's a real utility with a historical program like SVSM to have a head coach with a connection to that history. Wentz- Cistone- Boarman were all in that line and were the most successful of the St. V/SVSM head coaches. I'm not sure if that connection can be re-established or who could do it, but it sure couldn't hurt the next time they're looking.