St.V-St.M 2022

Getting kids ready for college football? No, your statements are incorrect. There are no starters at big name schools. If they were at big schools, they are low on the depth chart and/or entered the transfer portal. Caeden Clark, Rumler, and many others left their main schools and are/on the low depth chart at their schools. Hey! I hope they do well. It ain’t easy being D1 and there’s a lot of sharks out there that want a bite to being on the field at D1. They could be outworked. Traynum is the only hope at a big name and I don’t know what will happen. I see him at a Rover position on defense but the RB position is stacked (if healthy) He might have a shot on defense but there are a lot of hungry kids on that Ohio State team. I’m not a hater, I’m just telling it how it is.

Hoban’s talent alone will win many games and carry deep playoff runs. Talent can win games in D2-D7 (sometimes even titles), but excellent coaching wins D1 titles. I don’t see them in a decline or meeting a challenge in Summit County until Walsh is back to they were in the late 90s and early 2010-2014. Walsh is getting stronger every year, but they aren’t quite there yet. 2-3 years you might see them challenging Hoban.
Yeah lots of kids playing college footall thats what matters. Lots of starters at D1 schools. I guess you assume all the kids that leave Hoban should be in the NFL. Walsh has cream puff schedule that makes them appear like they are strong. They got totally bamboozled by Hudson in just round 2 of the playoffs. Why bring them up they are average now.. and later. Stv is going to get stronger every year. Good athletes actually want to go to Stv. Football players go to Walsh when they know they wont start at Stv or Hoban. Just glad there are two high quality catholic schools in Akron.

Yeah lots of kids playing college footall thats what matters. Lots of starters at D1 schools. I guess you assume all the kids that leave Hoban should be in the NFL. Walsh has cream puff schedule that makes them appear like they are strong. They got totally bamboozled by Hudson in just round 2 of the playoffs. Why bring them up they are average now.. and later. Stv is going to get stronger every year. Good athletes actually want to go to Stv. Football players go to Walsh when they know they wont start at Stv or Hoban. Just glad there are two high quality catholic schools in Akron.
Just remember this and it is actually true (not for me but for many Hoban
graduates who bashed Walsh).

You might be working for a Walsh Jesuit grad, who will probably be your boss.

The Hoban kids are typical of college football players in general- very transient in the age of the transfer portal. However, many have stayed at their original colleges and been successful. Jabari Taylor, Daryl Peterson, Luke Bauer and Matt Salopek come immediately to mind. Some of those who transferred have also been successful like Todd Sibley and Trayanum. I suspect that Hoban's transfers (e.g. Rumler, the Clarks, etc.) are just more visible due the the nature of their programs and our familiarity with them than they are more frequent, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
The Hoban kids are typical of college football players in general- very transient in the age of the transfer portal. However, many have stayed at their original colleges and been successful. Jabari Taylor, Daryl Peterson, Luke Bauer and Matt Salopek come immediately to mind. Some of those who transferred have also been successful like Todd Sibley and Trayanum. I suspect that Hoban's transfers (e.g. Rumler, the Clarks, etc.) are just more visible due the the nature of their programs and our familiarity with them than they are more frequent, if that makes any sense.
I get what you’re saying and where you are going. I’m not trying to be very harsh and/or critical, but the statements “getting kids ready for college.” STVM and Walsh have also had many kids staying at their colleges and doing well. The same goes for many public schools. At the same time, the “studs” everyone talked about and that their arrogant parents bloated about at camps are “duds.” Hightower also comes to mind. I’m pretty sure he isn’t at Michigan State anymore.
I don’t know how Traynum will do this season or if he will be on the field. I expected him to be a Parris Campbell, Jerome Baker, and/or Dante Booker impact player in college. I’m going to bring up Booker because he tore it up vs Penn State in 2017. I’m not sure how Traynum would fit in. He looked iffy on defense for the spring game. Ohio Stare was holding on an arm and leg vs Michigan and was depleted on the depth chart. I’m not trying to be too harsh and/or critical, but when you want to pump yourself and be arrogant on social media and/or at camps, karma has its way in balancing everything.

I’m not drinking the “blue juice” but the current Hoban administration is not going to accept or allow kids to try to run the school like the ones that were in the college transfer portal. I don’t think those type of kids would have been accepted with this administration. Furthermore, they are not going to allow kids to leave early for football. You are at the school for FOUR years, which is great for their academic reputation. Dealmedico had me convinced in the beginning that things would be great, but the mask came off with him and his character in and out of the school. There is promise with Hoban and I am almost 💯 convinced the school (probably by the end of the year I’ll be a believer) can win on and off the field like Xavier, Eds, and Iggy do it with this current administration.

And to be honest, when TK, Lucey, and DiMauro clean up the mess that both former presidents and Dealmedico left, you will see a resumed, healthy, and prosperous Hoban/STVM rivalry.

I get what you’re saying and where you are going. I’m not trying to be very harsh and/or critical, but the statements “getting kids ready for college.” STVM and Walsh have also had many kids staying at their colleges and doing well. The same goes for many public schools. At the same time, the “studs” everyone talked about and that their arrogant parents bloated about at camps are “duds.” Hightower also comes to mind. I’m pretty sure he isn’t at Michigan State anymore.
I don’t know how Traynum will do this season or if he will be on the field. I expected him to be a Parris Campbell, Jerome Baker, and/or Dante Booker impact player in college. I’m going to bring up Booker because he tore it up vs Penn State in 2017. I’m not sure how Traynum would fit in. He looked iffy on defense for the spring game. Ohio Stare was holding on an arm and leg vs Michigan and was depleted on the depth chart. I’m not trying to be too harsh and/or critical, but when you want to pump yourself and be arrogant on social media and/or at camps, karma has its way in balancing everything.

I’m not drinking the “blue juice” but the current Hoban administration is not going to accept or allow kids to try to run the school like the ones that were in the college transfer portal. I don’t think those type of kids would have been accepted with this administration. Furthermore, they are not going to allow kids to leave early for football. You are at the school for FOUR years, which is great for their academic reputation. Dealmedico had me convinced in the beginning that things would be great, but the mask came off with him and his character in and out of the school. There is promise with Hoban and I am almost 💯 convinced the school (probably by the end of the year I’ll be a believer) can win on and off the field like Xavier, Eds, and Iggy do it with this current administration.

And to be honest, when TK, Lucey, and DiMauro clean up the mess that both former presidents and Dealmedico left, you will see a resumed, healthy, and prosperous Hoban/STVM rivalry.
I guess it depends on how you define "getting kids ready for college." It's just as easily defined as giving them a platform to show off their skills that get them a free college education. Hoban has certainly accomplished that. Beyond that, there's nothing else the school can do to impact their college careers.

Copied and pasted from a Hoban football alum site. Doesn't really matter if you start, play or cheer from the sidelines they have accomplished much just to be there. To call them "Duds" shows your lack of understanding what this is all about. Continued education. Majority of it is free but the experience is priceless for all of these young men. Other than St Ed's I challenge you to post a similar roster from schools in NE Ohio or anywhere in the state for that matter.

Jonah Morris ’16 – WR – Illinois (1-0) at Indiana – 9/2 (Friday) 7:00 FS1
Todd Sibley '17 - RB – Albany (0-0) at Baylor – 7:00 ESPN+
Jabari Taylor ’17 – DL – Cincinnati (0-0) at Arkansas – 3:30 ESPN
Nate Bauer '18 - DB – Toledo (0-0) vs. LIU – 9/1 (Thursday) 7:00 ESPN3
Garrett Houser '18 – WR – Notre Dame (OH) (0-0) at Ashland – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00
Jalen Knight '18 - WR – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Jake Saus '18 - WR – Wittenberg (0-0) at SUNY Cortland - Noon
Jaden Baxter '19 - OL – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Tyris Dickerson '19 - RB – Notre Dame (OH) (0-0) at Ashland – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00
Quan Easterling '19 - FB – Duquesne (0-1) at Youngstown St. – 2:00 ESPN+
Jacob Petit '19 - OL – Gannon (0-0) vs. Charleston – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00
Nolan Rumler '19 - OL – Kent State (0-0) at Washington – 10:30 FS1
Marcus Saahir '19 - LB – Mount Union (0-0) vs. Defiance – 1:30
Matt Salopek ’19 - LB/DB – Miami (OH) (0-0) at Kentucky 7:00 pm ESPN+/SECN+
Mason Tipton '19 - WR – Yale - Idle
Jake Burns ’20 - OL – Bowling Green (0-0) at UCLA – 2:30 PAC12 Network
Caden Clark '20 - TE – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Zach Courtemanche '20 - OL – Marietta (0-0) vs. Dubuque – 1:00
Devin Hightower '20 - LB – Cincinnati (0-0) at Arkansas – 3:30 ESPN
Mason Jenkins ’20 – DB- Baldwin-Wallace (0-0) at Mount St. Joseph – 1:30
Cam Mizer '20 – TE – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Jared Mealy '20 - WR – Dayton (0-0) at Robert Morris – Noon ESPN+
DeaMonte Trayanum '20 – LB – Ohio State (0-0) vs. Notre Dame – 7:30 ABC
Ernest Witcher ‘20 - LB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Luke Bauer '21 - LB – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Chances Carter-Hill ’21 – Air Force (0-0) vs. Northern Iowa – 1:00
Solomon Clemens ’21 – WR – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Victor Dawson '21 - RB – Merrimack (0-0) vs. Holy Cross – 9/2 (Friday) 7:00
Kharion Davis '21 - DB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Grant Gainer ’21 – TE – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Shane Hamm '21 - QB – Dayton (0-0) at Robert Morris – Noon ESPN+
AJ Kirk '21 - DB – Michigan State (0-0) vs. Western Michigan – 9/2 (Friday) 7:00 ESPN
Damon Ollison '21 - LB – Toledo (0-0) vs. LIU – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00 ESPN3
Drew Pasadyn '21 - OL – Wheeling (0-0) vs. Seton Hill – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00
Daryl Peterson '21 - DL/LB – Wisconsin (0-0) vs. Illinois State – 7:00 FS1
Luke Petit '21 - OL – Furman (0-0) vs. North Greenville – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00 ESPN3
Amir Stewart '21 - DB – Siena Hts. (0-0) vs. Olivet Nazarene - Noon
Keshawn Haynes ’22 – OL – Marist (0-0) vs. Georgetown – Noon ESPN3
Bransin McGinnis ’22 – DB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Markim McKinnie ’22 – DB - Bowling Green (0-0) at UCLA – 2:30 PAC12 Netwoek
Charlie Durkin ’22 – K - Kent State (0-0) at Washington – 10:30 FS1
Bryce Sisak ’22 – DL – Marist (0-0) vs. Georgetown – Noon ESPN3
Davion Jennings ’22 -DB – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Tyson Grimm ’22 – DB/WR – Dartmouth (0-0) Idle
Colton Burkhart ’22 – OL – Stonehill (0-0) at Bloomsburg – 2:00

Honestly, take all this Hoban talk to another thread... I'm starting to care less and less if the Irish play the Knights! I look at this year a little different than some on this thread. To me, this was a very successful season. And I am not basing that on how Walsh or Hoban did. To me, while that is not irrelevant, it is more important to me to see the progression the Irish made as a team compared to last year. And in that regard, I think Cistone and his staff had a very successful season. The team still has a way to go, but the foundation that was laid in a one-year period of time is pretty impressive. They have to clean up penalties and turnovers, but otherwise the team was far ahead of the prior iterations that took the field recently. I'm thinking they may have a step backward next year since it looks like they will be young. But if the young players stay committed to the weight room and to the team philosophy engendered by the staff, then the future at Green St. appears bright.

Copied and pasted from a Hoban football alum site. Doesn't really matter if you start, play or cheer from the sidelines they have accomplished much just to be there. To call them "Duds" shows your lack of understanding what this is all about. Continued education. Majority of it is free but the experience is priceless for all of these young men. Other than St Ed's I challenge you to post a similar roster from schools in NE Ohio or anywhere in the state for that matter.

Todd Sibley '17 - RB – Albany (0-0) at Baylor – 7:00 ESPN+
Jabari Taylor ’17 – DL – Cincinnati (0-0) at Arkansas – 3:30 ESPN
Nate Bauer '18 - DB – Toledo (0-0) vs. LIU – 9/1 (Thursday) 7:00 ESPN3
Garrett Houser '18 – WR – Notre Dame (OH) (0-0) at Ashland – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00
Jalen Knight '18 - WR – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Jake Saus '18 - WR – Wittenberg (0-0) at SUNY Cortland - Noon
Jaden Baxter '19 - OL – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Tyris Dickerson '19 - RB – Notre Dame (OH) (0-0) at Ashland – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00
Quan Easterling '19 - FB – Duquesne (0-1) at Youngstown St. – 2:00 ESPN+
Jacob Petit '19 - OL – Gannon (0-0) vs. Charleston – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00
Nolan Rumler '19 - OL – Kent State (0-0) at Washington – 10:30 FS1
Marcus Saahir '19 - LB – Mount Union (0-0) vs. Defiance – 1:30
Matt Salopek ’19 - LB/DB – Miami (OH) (0-0) at Kentucky 7:00 pm ESPN+/SECN+
Mason Tipton '19 - WR – Yale - Idle
Jake Burns ’20 - OL – Bowling Green (0-0) at UCLA – 2:30 PAC12 Network
Caden Clark '20 - TE – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Zach Courtemanche '20 - OL – Marietta (0-0) vs. Dubuque – 1:00
Devin Hightower '20 - LB – Cincinnati (0-0) at Arkansas – 3:30 ESPN
Mason Jenkins ’20 – DB- Baldwin-Wallace (0-0) at Mount St. Joseph – 1:30
Cam Mizer '20 – TE – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Jared Mealy '20 - WR – Dayton (0-0) at Robert Morris – Noon ESPN+
DeaMonte Trayanum '20 – LB – Ohio State (0-0) vs. Notre Dame – 7:30 ABC
Ernest Witcher ‘20 - LB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Luke Bauer '21 - LB – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Chances Carter-Hill ’21 – Air Force (0-0) vs. Northern Iowa – 1:00
Solomon Clemens ’21 – WR – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Victor Dawson '21 - RB – Merrimack (0-0) vs. Holy Cross – 9/2 (Friday) 7:00
Kharion Davis '21 - DB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Grant Gainer ’21 – TE – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Shane Hamm '21 - QB – Dayton (0-0) at Robert Morris – Noon ESPN+
AJ Kirk '21 - DB – Michigan State (0-0) vs. Western Michigan – 9/2 (Friday) 7:00 ESPN
Damon Ollison '21 - LB – Toledo (0-0) vs. LIU – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00 ESPN3
Drew Pasadyn '21 - OL – Wheeling (0-0) vs. Seton Hill – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00
Daryl Peterson '21 - DL/LB – Wisconsin (0-0) vs. Illinois State – 7:00 FS1
Luke Petit '21 - OL – Furman (0-0) vs. North Greenville – 9/1 (Thurs) 7:00 ESPN3
Amir Stewart '21 - DB – Siena Hts. (0-0) vs. Olivet Nazarene - Noon
Keshawn Haynes ’22 – OL – Marist (0-0) vs. Georgetown – Noon ESPN3
Bransin McGinnis ’22 – DB – Walsh (0-0) vs. Tiffin – 2:00
Markim McKinnie ’22 – DB - Bowling Green (0-0) at UCLA – 2:30 PAC12 Netwoek
Charlie Durkin ’22 – K - Kent State (0-0) at Washington – 10:30 FS1
Bryce Sisak ’22 – DL – Marist (0-0) vs. Georgetown – Noon ESPN3
Davion Jennings ’22 -DB – Akron (0-0) vs. St. Francis – 9/1 (Thurs) 6:00 ESPN3
Tyson Grimm ’22 – DB/WR – Dartmouth (0-0) Idle
Colton Burkhart ’22 – OL – Stonehill (0-0) at Bloomsburg – 2:00

I’m pretty sure they have you beat with elite talent.

Let’s talk about STVM.

2023 schedule
Mansfield senior
Cleveland Benedictine
Open
Massillon Perry
Harvest Prep
NDCL
Walsh Jesuit
Youngstown Ursuline
Warren Harding
Cleveland VASJ

I am beginning to wonder if Cistone is in favor of a bye week. They definitely got their act together last year after the week 2 bye.

I think opening with Mansfield will be a great challenge especially offensively because they've always had a great defense so let's just see how the offense will do against a stout defense in the tygers

Long time no talk the official schedule is done!
Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary
08/18 H Mansfield Senior
08/25 A Massillon Perry
09/01 A Huber Heights Wayne
09/08 H Warren Warren G. Harding
09/15 A Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
09/22 H Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit
09/29 H Youngstown Ursuline
10/06 A Canal Winchester Harvest Preparatory
10/13 H Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph
10/20 H Cleveland Benedictine

Sarcasm on here boys - but good to see the Irish's "policy" for road games still holds true - minimum half hour to 45 minute bus rides (Perry, and NDCL).
Then the two monster trips 3 to 4 hours - at Canal Wincester and at Huber Heights.

But 6 games at Green Street.

what team was that? Also Harvest prep is a very hard team almost like Bishop hartley
We all know the school. It’s been well documented. And debatable as Hartley is D IV and multi state champs. Not so much with Harvest Prep, unless we’re talking about basketball.

We all know the school. It’s been well documented. And debatable as Hartley is D IV and multi state champs. Not so much with Harvest Prep, unless we’re talking about basketball.
well they are a physical football team regardless and they won a shootout with them last year

How does the St. V fans feel about their President being forced to resign? Do you think it had to do with how the former principal and president handled the Hoban games?

Very good decision for the school and had nothing to do with Hoban
Probably more than just Hoban but for a school that has appeared to put athletics first for several years they completely embarrassed themselves by running from their rival. Is the rumor true that they have less than 100 kids in their 2027 class?

Regardless of the reasons, the president and principal leaving so close together is not a good look for the school.
St V has had major internal problems the last couple of years. Unfortunately that has resulted in significant turnover with the faculty.

There are conversations taking place right now with someone to be the next President. If they come to an agreement it will be a home run for the school.

I have a question.

I reckon the board hires the president, and the president reports to the board. At a school like St. V-M that is operated independent of the diocese, who hires the principal? Is it the board, the president, combo of the 2, other?

Regardless of the reasons, the president and principal leaving so close together is not a good look for the school.
St V has had major internal problems the last couple of years. Unfortunately that has resulted in significant turnover with the faculty.

There are conversations taking place right now with someone to be the next President. If they come to an agreement it will be a home run for the
Probably more than just Hoban but for a school that has appeared to put athletics first for several years they completely embarrassed themselves by running from their rival. Is the rumor true that they have less than 100 kids in their 2027 class?
Not true

There are conversations taking place right now with someone to be the next President. If they come to an agreement it will be a home run for the

Not true
Youre hearing a different number? What number are you hearing?