St. Thomas cancelling games now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't shock me though if it was close for a half. Those kids havent been able to play for a month. It is their rivalry game. They will be jacked with adrenaline. Likely wear down and lose by 21-28.
The only thing that will keep the game close will be that CCC can only score once per drive. If the STA coach is smart, he will run every down, bleed the clock and limit the total possessions of the game. However, I would guess that he will stick to his ways and will air it out, which if he does, it will be a runaway train in the second quarter. I am not doubting that STA may have some talented kids, but unless CCC turns it over a bunch, this will not be pretty.

STA lost tonight and I counted at least 10 personal foul flags thrown and 1 kid and coach getting kicked out. When I say 10 sometimes there were 2-3 on 1 play. So just 1 per play. If not maybe 20 PI flags. They were very classy in their 35-0 loss. CCC played JV 1.5 quarters at the end.

STA lost tonight and I counted at least 10 personal foul flags thrown and 1 kid and coach getting kicked out. When I say 10 sometimes there were 2-3 on 1 play. So just 1 per play. If not maybe 20 PI flags. They were very classy in their 35-0 loss. CCC played JV 1.5 quarters at the end.
They did the same thing week 1 against Struthers. Just blatantly obvious stuff. Coach DX crotch shotted our kids after a long pass… just classless. They were down 41-12 at the time too.

They did the same thing week 1 against Struthers. Just blatantly obvious stuff. Coach DX crotch shotted our kids after a long pass… just classless. They were down 41-12 at the time too.
In the years that we played STA it was never like that. One thing for sure was they were either going to win or lose with class in not only football but every single sport.

The administration at STA needs to take care of this, but they won’t. It is totally unacceptable, and absolutely ridiculous. Towards the end of the game, coach’s other son was headhunting. Thank God CCHS did not have injuries from the reckless and dirty play.
Might as well cancel the games they’re going to lose and play the teams they think they can win. So they’ll play probably 1 game next year. Coaches son the game and scrimmage I watched him play was blatantly dirty and the coach didn’t care. It’s sad

That was one of the most embarrassing performances that I can recall, and is by far and away the worst I've ever seen from STA. I don't know how any parent would be comfortable with sending their child to STA to play football for this coach. I will say that the refs were atrocious and should have gotten a handle on this game from the start, but that is the least of my concerns. I have watched a lot of football games in my life, and have never seen such blatant unsportsmanlike behavior from one team as I did with STA.

I told a few friends about the game and they thought I was exaggerating when I said there had to be nearly forty penalties and at least a dozen personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The coaches and administration should be embarrassed and be held accountable for this nonsense, but I have a feeling, like many other problems over there, it will just be ignored.

A tr
That was one of the most embarrassing performances that I can recall, and is by far and away the worst I've ever seen from STA. I don't know how any parent would be comfortable with sending their child to STA to play football for this coach. I will say that the refs were atrocious and should have gotten a handle on this game from the start, but that is the least of my concerns. I have watched a lot of football games in my life, and have never seen such blatant unsportsmanlike behavior from one team as I did with STA.

I told a few friends about the game and they thought I was exaggerating when I said there had to be nearly forty penalties and at least a dozen personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The coaches and administration should be embarrassed and be held accountable for this nonsense, but I have a feeling, like many other problems over there, it will just be ignored
A team is a reflection of its head coach. You are absolutely correct. Ashamed is what he should be

Attachments

• 0F30A5D9-D358-4A49-B9E2-1470EE229636.jpeg
    0F30A5D9-D358-4A49-B9E2-1470EE229636.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
He was the Middle School HC at Massillon for the past few years. They did interview other qualified candidates but they choose this one and his antics. Another good choice by the Administration.

He was an assistant at central catholic in 2016.
He was on CCC's staff in 2016 and 2017. He left CCC shortly before the 2018 season started and took his oldest son with him to Massillon.

At an earlier point in his coaching career, he was on the freshman staff at Perry and walked off partway through the competitive portion of a season.

He played HS ball at Massillon.

Last edited:
He was on CCC's staff in 2016 and 2017. He left CCC shortly before the 2018 season started and took his oldest son with him to Massillon.

At an earlier point in his coaching career, he was on the freshman staff at Perry and walked off partway through the competitive portion of a season.

He played HS ball at Massillon.
Do you believe he should have gotten the STA job? A lot of people were high on him when he got hired. His antics and discipline are a no brainer for me

Do you believe he should have gotten the STA job? A lot of people were high on him when he got hired. His antics and discipline are a no brainer for me
I'm not an St. Thomas Aquinas supporter, so it doesn't matter what I think. I also have no idea who else applied, so it wouldn't be fair to comment on whether or not he was the best choice for the job. However, let us remind ourselves that he was hired in mid-June. Beggars can't be choosers with the timetable the administration had to work with in this case. I'm not trying to defend the hire, but context matters, and I don't know the full context in which he was hired.

The only thing I want to know is which transfer exception did his kids meet in order to be able to play in the 2nd half of the season?

I'm not an St. Thomas Aquinas supporter, so it doesn't matter what I think. I also have no idea who else applied, so it wouldn't be fair to comment on whether or not he was the best choice for the job. However, let us remind ourselves that he was hired in mid-June. Beggars can't be choosers with the timetable the administration had to work with in this case. I'm not trying to defend the hire, but context matters, and I don't know the full context in which he was hired.

The only thing I want to know is which transfer exception did his kids meet in order to be able to play in the 2nd half of the season?
To me losing games is not a big deal, building character of the students that you have the ability to lead comes first, all the horrible personal foul calls and blatant disrespect to opposing teams is not
Someone I would want leading my son if he were to be at that school. I understamd
Coming late but you have to set a standard and when your son is the main culprit of the flags that’s where the issue starts

I am guessing there is an underlying thought that no one will report them if they are that bad. Or perhaps it is general disregard for rules as it was evident they don't adhere to them anyways.

Man, tons of interest in a winless team. Just so everyone knows, I have a serious problem with any personal fouls or unsportsmanlike fouls. There were a few that were offsetting. Most were unsportsmanlike not personal fouls. There was no head hunting in the game.

Canton Central Catholic had two, I assume drunk from tailgating, dads/parents booted out of the stadium in the first quarter for the ridiculous and horrible things they were shouting at STA players from the fence along the field. Talk about classy. I, like everyone, have seen obnoxious parents but nothing like that. That certainly didn’t help matters. Things calmed down greatly after the first quarter of all this nonsense. The rest of the game was pretty uneventful.

Last edited:
I am guessing there is an underlying thought that no one will report them if they are that bad. Or perhaps it is general disregard for rules as it was evident they don't adhere to them anyways.
Do you really think a school would play an ineligible player when there was so little on the line? Seems like a huge risk to do that since they sat a bunch of athletes last year in the second half when they were good.

Do you really think a school would play an ineligible player when there was so little on the line? Seems like a huge risk to do that since they sat a bunch of athletes last year in the second half when they were good.
The Central posters are just making up things now. It’s getting a little silly and frankly idiotic at this point. Don’t they have a playoff game this week.

Last edited:
The Central posters are just making up things now. It’s getting a little silly and frankly idiotic at this point. Don’t they have a playoff game this week.
This is ridiculous, wasn’t there two personal fouls on the last drive two plays of the game? This includes on a freshman quarterback taking a knee.

I have seen dumber things happen, but I would certainly hope that wouldn't occur. Although it is a fair question to ask when a student who played at another school is now playing at a new school, especially one that his parent is hired to coach.

I have seen dumber things happen, but I would certainly hope that wouldn't occur. Although it is a fair question to ask when a student who played at another school is now playing at a new school, especially one that his parent is hired to coach.
I would agree it's a fair question, but I think it would also make sense that because a parent was hired, they would go the extra mile to make sure the paperwork is correct since it's an immediate red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.