St. Ignatius soccer

arizonawildcat

Rather than posting everything under the score of the St.X game, I thought the Cats deserved their own individual thread. Last night was another victory for the Cats, beating Mentor 6-0. I believe that win raises the Cats record to 14-0. Still ranked No.1 in Ohio and No. 2 nationally. Next game is against Dublin Jerome, and then the state tourney begins.

I think they only had a 14 game schedule this year, due to being shut down to start the season, so they're probably 13-0. It's a young team, so it will be interesting to see how they respond in big games late in the playoffs, but they're so talented and obviously well coached. And will be even better in the next year or two as well.

arizonawildcat

The soccer Cats defeated Dublin Jerome 5-0 today to finish the regular season undfeated. On a lesser note, the Ignatius JVs suffered their first loss since 2018, losing to Dublin 3-1.

Ignatius will be playing at Wasmer my old hometown, Westlake, on Wednesday. Ignatius was seeded #1, Westlake #16.
Won't be a total pushover game - I know a number of the Westlake players play alongside many of the Ignatius boys in club soccer, so there will be a lot of familiarity. Probably a 4-0 or 5-0 game, I would guess.

arizonawildcat

In the MaxPreps soccer rankings Ignatius is now #1 in the country. Two other schools in the greater Cleveland area are also ranked in the top ten, Hudson and Ignatius' nemesis, Medina. Lots of good soccer to be played in the tournament.

Last edited:

arizonawildcat

In a game that started out surprising close (Ignatius and Westkake were tied 1-1, the first time this year I believe that Ignatius was never ahead in a game) Ignatius scored on a penalty kick in the 16th minute and then in the next four minutes scored two more times. Thus, the score at halftime is 4-1 Ignatius.

arizonawildcat

Soccer Cats perform an exorcism on Westlake, driving out the Demons 9-1. Next game is against the winner of the Lakewood-No. Olmstead game on Saturday at 1:00 pm at Wasmer. No. Olmstead won 1-0 in OT to get the opportunity to face the Cats.

Last edited:
I was a little surprised to see that N. Olmsted had beaten Lakewood. I don't follow the two teams, but I would have assumed Lakewood would have been the better team by far. Not that either of them should be able to hang with Ignatius.

Next up would be the winner of Hoban and Solon, which could be interesting. At least it would theoretically start getting into 3-0 / 4-0 game range, instead of 12-0 and 9-1 type games (which N. Olmsted will likely be).