St Edward Eagles

Last chance for the "Big 3" to claim a state championship. They were impact varsity players since their freshmen years and now will be heavily counted on to lead the team to a hopefully deep playoff run. Haven't heard or cannot recall the names or grade levels of the next group of players to lead the team. Anyone have any names / grade levels of potential star players?

There was a freshman or sophomore named Bova on the JV team last year who should be an impact player on Varsity the next few seasons. Very impressive player.

There was a freshman or sophomore named Bova on the JV team last year who should be an impact player on Varsity the next few seasons. Very impressive player.
Michael Bova was already on his way to becoming a star while attending Learwood Middle School in Avon Lake.

Anyone speculating that Foster skips his senior season in-order to solely focus on his football scholarship at MSU?

I’m sure he and Coach Flannery had that discussion early on and was encouraged to do everything in his power to secure an athletic scholarship to a Big 10 school.

I believe he is expected to play. He loves basketball, and would be hard to imagine that he doesn't play his senior year with this special team. It will take him some time to crack the lineup at MSU anyway - so might as well enjoy one last run in basketball and what better way to stay in shape in the winter in Cleveland.

If Foster is somehow able to walk-on the MSU basketball team, that would be special as heck. The basketball programs don't much better than Michigan State with Tom Izzo! Delvon Roe could probably attest to that.

That would be possible. If they have an open roster spot or injury next year or the year after he would be a perfect fit since it wouldn't count against the basketball scholarship limit. He might need that off season time for his development as a WR though. He could be in the NFL one day.

Eagles defeat Lakewood 56-41. Coach Flannery says the team did not shoot very well. But was impressed the way the team got a win while not playing well. Up next a back to back with University at home on Friday and at Toledo St. John on Saturday. Three of the first four games are on the road.

Eagles go on the road to Toledo St. John's and comes away with a ten point win 76-66. St. Ed's down most of the first half and then comes on strong in second half to beat the Titans. Grant Huffman scored 25 points . Four players in double figures. Michael Bova 17 , DeVontae Blanton 15 and Steven Logan 11. Road trip continues as they head to WGH before a big home game with Brush on December 17th. December Schedule continues with Benedictine, Hilliard Bradley and SVSM, who beat Moeller on Saturday to snap their 50 game win streak. Montorie Foster will be back in the lineup, after he completed his "Official" visit with Michigan State.

Good win. I don’t think they have won there in recent memory. Tough place to play and they have a good coach.

Was Ed's at full strength when they played Warren Harding?
I believe so. Foster may have come off the bench as he's been getting his basketball legs underneath him following the end of football season, but otherwise I think they are healthy with a complete lineup.

Good win over Brush the other night. Glad to see the ball movement and I hope that continues. I think that may have been an issue at times over the past few years with three ball-dominant players in Huffman, Foster, and Blanton. In their fourth and final year together, I'm hoping to see a melding of their talents that will see this team reach its full potential.

I believe so. Foster may have come off the bench as he's been getting his basketball legs underneath him following the end of football season, but otherwise I think they are healthy with a complete lineup.
Just was not sure. I know Harding lost, but played them even up most of the game

Eagles win by 20 + vs Benedictine. Looked sloppy and hung over from big Brush win. This team could go far. Anticipating vs Akron St. V St M. That will tell.

Looks like no holiday tournament for the Eagles. Maybe because they are participating in the Flying to the Hoop this year?