St. Edward 2022-23

Wow that’s a big loss if he is indeed out for the season, got a high quality backup though at least. Not worried about Kilbane, he came back quite late in the year last year too and did great.

Last edited:
Top 5 in the state though?Certainly a blow for team points when Perrysburg, Wadsworth, and Brecksville are nipping at the heels.
Wadsworth and Brecksville are both nationally ranked and great programs, but unless there are health issues Perrysburg is the only threat to St Eds.

Top 5 in the state though?Certainly a blow for team points when Perrysburg, Wadsworth, and Brecksville are nipping at the heels.
It is a blow, I was expecting him to be top 3 in the state but probably not winning it. I expect the backup to at least make State, but not really enough data to say more than that other than he’s not competing with the top 2. Perrysburg is the only challenger imo, Brecksville and Wadsworth are really good and in other years certainly would have seriously challenged for a state title, if not won it, but the top 2 teams this year are easily better than the average state title winning team. And while St Ed’s may have had an injury blow, Perrysburg had a blow too when Evans couldn’t make 113 and now is all way up at 138. He’s a possible title contender at 113, does he score any points at State at 138?

It is a blow, I was expecting him to be top 3 in the state but probably not winning it. I expect the backup to at least make State, but not really enough data to say more than that other than he’s not competing with the top 2. Perrysburg is the only challenger imo, Brecksville and Wadsworth are really good and in other years certainly would have seriously challenged for a state title, if not won it, but the top 2 teams this year are easily better than the average state title winning team. And while St Ed’s may have had an injury blow, Perrysburg had a blow too when Evans couldn’t make 113 and now is all way up at 138. He’s a possible title contender at 113, does he score any points at State at 138?
Perrysburg definitely has more "guaranteed" Champs than Ed's. If they can get Evans down to a weight he can at least place at might be the key for them. Brecksville and Wadsworth could spoil Ed's or Perrysburg's chances depending on bracketing.

Already established that he can't make 113. Curious who he would beat out at a lower weight.
132 Likely his only option, maybe Chavez does better at 138 if he's cutting a bit. You're right though not many options, I don't think he beats Avalos. He's a returning state champ, but 106 was one of the weakest years in memory last season.

Goldberg and Gregory wrestled at the Marion Harding classic this weekend. Goldberg lost to state #1 Wilson 15-5 and came back to take 3rd. Does he take the 150# spot over O'Brien who has looked good these last few weeks? Eaton at 144 has looked very rusty, lets hope we can still blame football because it hasn't been pretty.

Gregory was set to face the D3 #2 HVY in the state (Box was his name if I recall?) But I don't think that match was wrestled. No news on the Kilbane front.

Goldberg and Gregory wrestled at the Marion Harding classic this weekend. Goldberg lost to state #1 Wilson 15-5 and came back to take 3rd. Does he take the 150# spot over O'Brien who has looked good these last few weeks? Eaton at 144 has looked very rusty, lets hope we can still blame football because it hasn't been pretty.

Gregory was set to face the D3 #2 HVY in the state (Box was his name if I recall?) But I don't think that match was wrestled. No news on the Kilbane front.

From the harding classic thread:

Owen Box(Liberty Center) pin Nathan Gregory (St. Edwards)
Luke Cox(Lancaster) dec. 10-4 Braden Saeler (St.Mary)

From the harding classic thread:

Owen Box(Liberty Center) pin Nathan Gregory (St. Edwards)
Luke Cox(Lancaster) dec. 10-4 Braden Saeler (St.Mary)

The brackets weren't updated but i'll your word for it.

That results doesn't make me too excited.

The brackets weren't updated but i'll your word for it.

That results doesn't make me too excited.
Does anyone know if Gregory is a 215 or HVY? If he's a 215, then its asking a lot to go out and compete against a very good HVY. Actually it's a lot to ask anyone to go and and compete against the 2nd ranked HVY in division 3

Does anyone know if Gregory is a 215 or HVY? If he's a 215, then its asking a lot to go out and compete against a very good HVY. Actually it's a lot to ask anyone to go and and compete against the 2nd ranked HVY in division 3
On the football roster he was listed at 225, so I don't think hes giving much up

Box is good very athletic heavyweight. D3 at heavyweight has depth and has for a few years now these top guys will go at with d1 and 2

Eagles head to Michigan for the DCC Super Duals which feature 5 ranked teams out of the 6 there. We should see Barr/Miller round II.

Eagles remain atop of D1 despite losing Delsanter and Kilbane for the season. Waugh and Gregory should score points at state, but it'll be a drop off from the original starters. T Miller jumps to #2 in Boro's ranking after beating D2 165# Crumblett handily last weekend. The only Eagle starter outside of the top 10 is 157 Freshman Peterson who has been in and out of the lineup. (I would think Waugh would be right around here when ranked)

Looking forward to some great matches this weekend in Michigan.

So is Kilbane injured or just decided not to wrestle? What about Troy Regovich, is he not wrestling either?

Oh man no Kilbane either? I had heard Delsanter was probably out for the year. I was still hoping Kilbane would make a late appearance ala last year. Barr vs Miller will be a good one this weekend.

Oh man no Kilbane either? I had heard Delsanter was probably out for the year. I was still hoping Kilbane would make a late appearance ala last year. Barr vs Miller will be a good one this weekend.
They have a very good replacement for him though, and that weight class, outside of the top 2 guys, is wide open. St Ed's could still have a high placer at heavyweight.

So is Kilbane injured or just decided not to wrestle? What about Troy Regovich, is he not wrestling either?

Kilbane is resting up/ preparing for football at the next level. I'm sure he had multiple parties consider skipping wrestling this season as football is his primary goal.