St. Edward 2019-20

eliwes

Anyone with the screen name huge shouldn't be obliquely referring to a 17 yr old kid that is coming off a knee injury as fat. Your ego has to have a little "fluff" in order to label yourself "huge". That "fat" kid would probably tie you in a knot.
Refer to the Quick Board Rules and avoid excessive speculation. If you don't have any meaningful facts, results or opinions on upcoming matches than don't post.

Huge

Welcome to yappi east side. Great post. Hudson is a great kid and he took one for the team this year by going 182.. He won the LaSalle dual for eds at the dual tourney and helped win the individual states. I assumed that much was obvious. He also just placed second in Virginia beach at 170 which would be his normal weight. I expect he will be there next year with Paddy at 160. I know Mr Hightower and his sons for years so take it easy. As for the screen name it's a. Very old inside joke that I'm sure you wouldn't get if I explained it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

Bayside

Lets not forget that NHSCA is +5 and 1 day and night before weigh in. Not saying Hudson couldn't make it just that it does make a difference for some.

CuriousGeorge1

One thing I know after many years of trying is that trying to predict future lineups this far in advance is a fools errand.

I have no idea how yet, but somehow I would expect Geog, Lillard, Bennett, and West to find their way into the varsity lineup next year. kids grow, injuries happen, other crazy unforeseen stuff happens. Remember when people were saying Hightower couldn't "fit" into the lineup at all, well somehow he did. The same thing was said about Delsanter and it turned out to not be true. So, while it does appear right now that all these guys can't make the lineup currently, just wait until next season because somehow someway I almost guarantee they will end up with a shot in the lineup.

The kids with talent that are making all the right choices and working hard all off season somehow always end up in the lineup. Its almost as if they make their own luck by working hard.

EastsideCat

Welcome to yappi east side. Great post. Hudson is a great kid and he took one for the team this year by going 182.. He won the LaSalle dual for eds at the dual tourney and helped win the individual states. I assumed that much was obvious. He also just placed second in Virginia beach at 170 which would be his normal weight. I expect he will be there next year with Paddy at 160. I know Mr Hightower and his sons for years so take it easy. As for the screen name it's a. Very old inside joke that I'm sure you wouldn't get if I explained it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
He has the legs that Harrison didn't. I think he see's himself as a leaned up 170 and if his retiree father is cool with you then so am I. Us Wildcats get defensive but my feelings are ok, appreciate your concern. So that I am making this relevant and abiding by posting rules; yes his results at Nationals support him winning that 170 spot. He did beat the eventual State Champ lest anyone forget.

eliwes

One thing I know after many years of trying is that trying to predict future lineups this far in advance is a fools errand.

I have no idea how yet, but somehow I would expect Geog, Lillard, Bennett, and West to find their way into the varsity lineup next year. kids grow, injuries happen, other crazy unforeseen stuff happens. Remember when people were saying Hightower couldn't "fit" into the lineup at all, well somehow he did. The same thing was said about Delsanter and it turned out to not be true. So, while it does appear right now that all these guys can't make the lineup currently, just wait until next season because somehow someway I almost guarantee they will end up with a shot in the lineup.

The kids with talent that are making all the right choices and working hard all off season somehow always end up in the lineup. Its almost as if they make their own luck by working hard.
With all your knowledge what's your best guess on a line up?

Woo

With the season nearing are there any wrestle offs to look out for? Any ideas what the line up may look like?

mailman112

Should only be 1 wrestle of for a spot.

W Richter
Seefeldt
Delsanter
Kralick (West if he can get down wrestle off)
S Richter
Bennett
Geog
Hepner
Paddy
Hightower
Garcar (possible wrestle off)
Rios/Robinson (only real wrestle off IMO)
Lisco (early Jan because of football)
Kilbane (see above)

mailman112

By Norm Weber
nweber@sehs.net
LAKEWOOD— Stringing together a sea of bonus-point victories, St. Edward’s varsity Gold wrestling team hammered out a 3-0 day Saturday in the season and home opener here inside the Eagles’ Nest.
The Eagles put up 60 team points twice and 50 in the third dual, defeating Westerville North, 65-3, Beavercreek, 60-14, and Perry Township, 52-22.
Due to some hard wrestling, the Eagles had to forfeit a few matches in the second and third duals.
“We have to stay healthy as a team,” said St. Edward Head Coach John Heffernan. “We got kind of dinged up today. It’s all part of the process.”
Jack Elmore, Scott Richter, Wyatt Richter, Luke Geog, Paddy Gallagher, Bryce Hepner, and Sean Seefeldt all went 3-0 for the day.
“We were aggressive,” Coach Heffernan said. “We scored a lot of points. Putting on a show while scoring a lot of points is the best wrestling in the world. We try to score as many points as we can and we did a pretty good job of that today.”
Elmore and Wyatt Richter turned in impressive records on the Green team last year and made quite a 2019 Gold debut. Richter had two of the fastest pins of the day, 18 seconds and 49 seconds.
Against North, the Eagles rattled off four technical falls – Hudson Hightower, Geog, Hepner, and Gallagher.
Also in the first match against the Warriors, three Eagles won by shutout – Geog (16-0), Mike Kilbane (10-0), and Chance Robinson (4-0).
The Eagles didn’t get their first pin of the day until 220-pound match against the Warriors, Zach Taylor, registering one in 69 seconds. He was followed at 285 by Nate Cox with a pin at 2:26.
The fastest tech fall in the first dual came from Geog, who did it in 1:54.
Sean Seefeldt, Rich Delsanter, and Kilbane scored major decisions against the Warriors.
The Eagles blew it open with seven pins in the second dual against the Beavers. Scoring pins were both Richters, Seefeldt, Evan Bennett, Hepner, Mike Garcar, and Nick Lisco. Hepner, Garcar, Lisco, and Wyatt Ricnter pinned in the first period.
Geog had a 15-0 technical fall shutout in a little over three minutes. Gallagher posted his second tech of the day. Delsanter and Elmore had major decisions.
The Eagles had to come-from behind in the third match against Perry. The Panthers went up 6-0 after an Eagle forfeit. Elmore won by decision and Scott Richter by forfeit to put the Eagles up, 9-6, and they never trailed again.
Against Perry, Geog won, 16-0, giving him his third shutout and technical fall of the day. He outscored his opponents, 47-0.
Bennet joined the tech fall club against the Panthers and Gallagher posted his third of the day. Hepner picked up his second pin of the day. Seefeldt earned another major decision.
Garcar was 2-0, Lisco 2-0, Delsanter 2-0, Bennett 2-1, and Hightower 1-0.
The Eagles are 3-0 at home, 1-0 against Stark County, 1-0 against Delaware County, 1-0 against Greene County, 3-0 on Saturdays, and 3-0 in daytime matches.

mailman112

By Norm Weber
nweber@sehs.net
St. Edward’s varsity Green wrestling entered the final rounds in second place in the Avon Lake Invitational this weekend, Friday and Saturday.
The Eagles had 233 points at the break Saturday. Bay was first with 233 points.
Going for championships for St. Edward are Matt Durbin (120 pounds), Kaden Kralik (132), Hudson Poole (138), Tommy West (145), and Aris Dashiell (170).
Eagles going for third place are Bryan Cundiff (182) and Austin Dunn (285). Wrestling for fifth and sixth place is Vlcek (220).
The finals begin a 4 Saturday.