St.Edward 2004

question...

I need an Ed's fans help with this...

I could have sworn that I had read that Boone was going to graduate early and enroll at OSU for the winter quarter. But last night an OSU buddy of mine said that Ed's was not going to allow Boone to graduate early...does anybody have any insight about this?

Thanks!

H & G -

St. Ed's does not allow students to graduate early. There has been alot of controversy surrounding the situation since it was announced that Boone would petition to leave early and many alumni are against it. I do believe that Boone may be permitted to do his senior project at OSU, but he will not be permitted to participate in spring practice or the spring game.

There are other Eagle posters who will be able to give better details on the situation....

GencoEd said:
St. Ed's does not allow students to graduate early. There has been alot of controversy surrounding the situation since it was announced that Boone would petition to leave early and many alumni are against it. I do believe that Boone may be permitted to do his senior project at OSU, but he will not be permitted to participate in spring practice or the spring game.

Genco: I think the principal's quote on this subject was both accurate and misleading and, I assume, intentionally so (that's where a lot of the confusion comes from). I think the PD reporter who printed the quote (and probably understood the situation) owed his reader's a full explanation.

Last edited:
Edge86 said:
All TIME YAPPI RECORDS FOR A SINGLE THREAD

St.Edward 2003 Thread: Most Pages (104)... 2nd All-Time
St.Edward 2004 Thread: Most Pages (134)...current

St.Ed 2003: Most Posts (3,148)...2nd All-Time
St.Ed 2004: Most Posts (4,018)...current

St.Ed 2003: Most Views (54,674)...2nd All-Time
St.Ed 2004: Most Views (95,086)...current

St.Ed 2003: Most Posts by one poster for a single thread (Edge86 - 1,008) # 1 All-Time

St.Ed 2004: Most posts by one poster for a single thread
(Edge86 - 943) # 2 All-Time...current

All-Time Records are pushed currently to this on the last day of 2004 before going into the Yappi Archives as the biggest and best thread beating out the previous champion of 2003.

Most pages (141)
Most Posts (4,227)
Most views (95,086)
Most posts single thread 2004 (1,009) Edge86, record was 1,008 by Edge86 in 2003.

Last edited:
God Bless Kamb for doing the most amazing job with the St.Edward website. Hopefully someday when I grow up I will be at least half as good as him at running a sports site.

kamb said:
I can see Edge right when the ball drops, he goes on yappi and starts the 2005 thread.

I am going to head out in a bit...but since you mentioned it, I will take the labtop with me and fight the women off me at the stroke of midnight just to fire up my last St.Edward football thread of my career. This will be my retirement tour in 2005. :cool: :angel: :D

I need the St.Edward faithful to band together. We will need a team effort from the team, coach's and posters to soar to our goals that only Eagles are able to reach. We are the benchmark for Yappi, so we must raise the bar once again.

Just in case I don't make it to the labtop on time.

Happy New Year to my Eagles family.

EagleSE...Happy New Year to my Skipper and that he learns how to use his new compass for next season.

Happy New Year...Let's Party!:party: :banana: :grouphug:

:hello: 2005

Edge86 said:
All-Time Records are pushed currently to this on the last day of 2004 before going into the Yappi Archives as the biggest and best thread beating out the previous champion of 2003.

Most pages (141)
Most Posts (4,226)
Most views (94,060)
Most posts single thread (1,009) by Edge86. Breaks the old record of 1,008 held by Edgge86 in the St.Edward 2003 thread.

All Yappi Records are now broken. Edge86 has done it surpassing the single most posts for a single thread in one year.

Yappi,

When you get a chance you may retire the St.Edward 2004 thread to the Yappi Hall of Fame. Please bump the St.Edward 2003 thread to the top to sit next to the St.Edward 2004 thread.

Mark Hatgas (U of Toledo) would be my choice at LB for the last spot.
Mark and his brother Dave went to Miami (Ohio). Mark was a two year starter at inside linebacker, making 2nd team All-MAC his junior season, and was named a captain his senior season, 1976. Dave was in the rotation and/or started for three years on the DL, beginning his sophomore season (1976). Mark's first three seasons were coincident with the glory years of Miami's proud tradition, when they went 32-1-1 from ''73 thru ''75, and won three consecutive Tangerine Bowls over SEC teams. They finished consecutively in one of the national polls ranked 15th, 10th and 12th during those seasons. Their only loss was 14-13 to Michigan State in Lansing in '75, and their tie was (I believe) at Indiana. If memory serves, the head coaches in this era overlapped beginning with Bill Mallory ( who went to Indiana) and Dick Crum ( who went to North Carolina). There was a a huge Eds flavor during those years with something like 8 Eagles on the Miami roster at one time, and Denny Marcin was an assistant coach prior to his NFL coaching career. Eds alum would have included starters Mark and Dave Hatgas, Steve Joecken who transitioned into a three-year starter at WR, Dan Williams who became a starter at DE, Bob Lydon who started at LB, Mark Angelo who started at WR, Rick Adkins whose career was shortened due to injury and OL Mazur, who I believe was eventually signed as a free agent by the Raiders. With all of that, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Of course Bobby Williams was a starter at LB just prior to the Hatgas years, and had a free agent look from Don Shula.