• Marysville by 1-7

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had tickets for the Port Clinton/Van Wert game (which PC won) but had a brief emergency which caused me to get too far behind to get there so I watched Marysville/Springfield on Spectrum. Marysville looked a lot like the team I saw last week, but TV can be iffy as compared to being there. The difference between the running plays that came out against Whitmer but didn't vs Springfield was the play of the defensive line, particularly the tackles. Last week the back was into the secondary before first contact, this week one of those tackles either got a shoulder into the ball carrier or had an ankle for a split second even if the back broke free. The other thing was how many Springfield kids could simply flash to the ball defensively.

There were some kids on the Springfield offensive line that would easily help any D-II team in the region. After reading at least two threads regarding Springfield or the D-I field there were a notable number of posts that expressed concern over the O-line. Maybe I'm not reading enough threads or perhaps the rest of the teams are filled with pure D-I defensive line talent.

Since this was my first time seeing Springfield I'm hoping someone who follows them can answer a question. It seems as though the QB knows exactly where he is expected to throw it and if it isn't open he should tuck it and run. Is that the case is does Springfield have any progressions? RPO?

Marysville is a tremendous team, but the speed and athleticism of Springfield just couldn't be overcome.

Just came to say Go Monarchs!!! Really cheering for you guys. That toolbox OhioRiverRat has made my second favorite team whomever is playing Springfield (along with most of the rest of Yappi). Just letting you know you've got strong support from this fan!!!
I guess we know what your cheering and support can do for a team.

I will say this. If SHS's OL isn't very good or play only average, they will get dominated. Marysville's DL is big time. They are FAST and are in the backfield immediately on almost every play. What can work on their D is screen passes and a short passing game (if the OL can hold up at all b/c Marysville will bring big time pressure). Pburg ran a middle screen to the RB and it was something like a 50 yard gain. Had our RB, who was 1st team All State last year as a Sophomore, been 100% he might have taken it to the house. Sadly he got hurt in Week 9 and then reaggrivated his ankle in the 1Q (IIRC) after not playing in Week 10 and Week 11.
Springfield's OL played very well tonight, especially in pass protection and picking up the blitz. Marysville may well have been the fastest team the Cats have played this year, but the line took it up a notch when they needed to, and with that Marysville had no answer for the Cats passing game.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

34 yd FG attempt blocked.
It wasn't a block, he kicked it right into the OL. Almost seemed like it was intentional, like Marysville hoped to get the ball and take it forward for a first down, they actually gained about 4 yards on the play.

I’m not drinking what you’re serving. They need to run the ball more. As great as that D is, the Wildcats offense needs to take time off the clock. Passing every play is not going to cut it against Moe or St Ed’s
Keep counting UA out. Bear Meat To Tough To Eat!

He has 20 offers but not from any big name power 5 conference schools. But that should change. Marysville had no answer for Smoot.
Heard that Smoot wants to definitively play QB, hence the visits to Ohio and Tennessee State.
no idea, recruiting for seniors is hard this late. signing period is coming in mid-December. don't see P5, maybe G5 if a prior commit flips
MAC schools are typically all over a senior that leads their team deep in the D1 playoffs. They don’t fill out their class at the December signing period. They will want Smoot.

No, all I'm saying is that I don't understand how your pregame scouting and research could have been so wrong. Everyone else said SHS's defense was legit and for real. So far, the most points they've given up in a game is 22. Since the loss to Miamisburg, they've given up 7 points and that was after a running clock. The stats back that up. But you said their defense was lazy and would give up 42 points. It's like you scouted the wrong team. I just don't see any reasonable way an experienced coach could have scouted SHS and opine they'd surrender 42 points with a running clock.
I watched them as well and agree with his initial thought so he saw what I did so it’s his opinion get over it your acting stupid! Some people just wanna fight about everything . Gee wiz

The Springfield football played the better game and congratulations and good look.

Unfortunately the most classless thing I have ever seen was the cheer squad running across the field while the teams were coming together and waving to the Marysville fans.
That’s Springfield for ya ?

Springfield's OL played very well tonight, especially in pass protection and picking up the blitz. Marysville may well have been the fastest team the Cats have played this year, but the line took it up a notch when they needed to, and with that Marysville had no answer for the Cats passing game.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
They played beyond well. I was a little surprised that "it seemed" Marysville went away from their normal defensive scheme. They only rushed 3 several times. I guess they figured they would drop back into coverage because they knew SHS was going to pass pretty much the entire game.

MVP of the game for me was the OL. The D obviously played great as well.

"Since this was my first time seeing Springfield I'm hoping someone who follows them can answer a question. It seems as though the QB knows exactly where he is expected to throw it and if it isn't open he should tuck it and run. Is that the case is does Springfield have any progressions? RPO?"

This was from my earlier post and it dawned on me that this is the type of question that opponents would be interested in knowing so please disregard. BTW, I am just a football fan and not attempting to scout for anyone.