Springfield vs Kent Rough Riders

thepolster

Anybody have a clue what Spartan team will show up? Who is the QB for the Spartans this week? Kents on the down this year but I dont think its going to be all that much of a game. LFD....Springfield seems like it is always going for the long ball or home run.

I agree. The word is that Kents run defense really isn't all that great. Hopefully we can establish the ground game. In practice it looks like they work on the short pass game, but when it's game time it seems to change. I think vision over the middle in the pocket might be an issue. He definitely seems more comfortable rolling out and making the play. We'll see. I think Kent is a good team that has had a rough draw through the first 5 weeks.....

Anybody have a clue what Spartan team will show up? Who is the QB for the Spartans this week? Kents on the down this year but I dont think its going to be all that much of a game. LFD....Springfield seems like it is always going for the long ball or home run.

You think Springfield is gonna win by a ton? :confused::shrug:

I would love to speak my mind on this but I might hurt some peoples feelings. I haven't been to any games but North and they almost gave that game away with stupid errors. I did notice the receivers are weak and cant get off the ball. To shut down the passing game the opposing only has to jam the receivers and they give up. Last years group was the same way. Something has to give with these weak parents who biatches in the stands about why there kid aint getting the ball. Well I will tell you why...your kid is weak. Get off your and take him or her to a camp or something. It is irritating as fubar to see your kid go the extra mile only to be cut off by a weak link. Maybe Im being to mean...I dont think so. I see it at every high school kids getting pushed hard by alumni and parents. Ellet does it...half there dam football team is at camp all winter. The Spartans have some good young athletes thats for sure. I always speak my mind...the potential is there. What do I know I havnt been to support but one game.

I would love to speak my mind on this but I might hurt some peoples feelings. I haven't been to any games but North and they almost gave that game away with stupid errors. I did notice the receivers are weak and cant get off the ball. To shut down the passing game the opposing only has to jam the receivers and they give up. Last years group was the same way. Something has to give with these weak parents who biatches in the stands about why there kid aint getting the ball. Well I will tell you why...your kid is weak. Get off your and take him or her to a camp or something. It is irritating as fubar to see your kid go the extra mile only to be cut off by a weak link. Maybe Im being to mean...I dont think so. I see it at every high school kids getting pushed hard by alumni and parents. Ellet does it...half there dam football team is at camp all winter. The Spartans have some good young athletes thats for sure. I always speak my mind...the potential is there. What do I know I havnt been to support but one game.

By camp I presume you mean lifting. My son just played three years of varsity at Ellet and was a captain last year so if there was some kind of camp other than lifting we must have missed it. Damn coaches don't tell the captains anything.

I don't think he was knocking Ellet. He was saying the individuals go to camps and a lot of them from Ellet do

Kent is very bad this year and has already been beaten by Coventry and Ravenna. The Metro is way down this year with only one great team (Crestwood). It'll be tougher next year when Streetsboro, Woodridge and Cloverleaf all join. They'll lose some good linemen but maybe Springfield will finally turn the corner in Vaughns 8th year. Because of course it can't be the coaching staff's fault.

Um....not exactly how I saw it. Kent scored 33 on Crestwood.....the defense looked pretty good. We mishandled a punt snap and put Kent on a short field late in the 4th quarter. The loss came from our inability to kick a PAT. The kicking game is an afterthought, and it beat us this time.
They had Kent beat. If that punt would have been successful, we win the game. 12-7

Um....not exactly how I saw it. Kent scored 33 on Crestwood.....the defense looked pretty good. We mishandled a punt snap and put Kent on a short field late in the 4th quarter. The loss came from our inability to kick a PAT. The kicking game is an afterthought, and it beat us this time.
They had Kent beat. If that punt would have been successful, we win the game. 12-7

???
Kent and Crestwood have not played yet.