Springfield @ Northmont

I no lightning is gonna hate me for this. But I say Springfield wins by revenge. Hate that bolts have face another gwoc team but that’s how it goes. I say Springfield wins a fairly close one. 35. 28

I no lightning is gonna hate me for this. But I say Springfield wins by revenge. Hate that bolts have face another gwoc team but that’s how it goes. I say Springfield wins a fairly close one. 35. 28
I think NM's offense will struggle greatly as the Spfld defense will be ready for them. Rice will singlehandedly keep them in it and prevent a blowout. SHS 42-24. I could see SHS getting up big again, maybe 35-7, before Rice engineers a comeback. But this time, the hole is too deep and the Spfld defense rises up to contain it. The only way I could see NM winning is if SHS just has a bad night with turnovers, missed opportunities, miscues and blown coverages where they beat themselves which is highly unlikely given their motivations. And, don't let these bullies make you feel bad for giving your opinions. You're entitled.

Last edited:
I think NM's offense will struggle greatly as the Spfld defense will be ready for them. Rice will singlehandedly keep them in it and prevent a blowout. SHS 42-24. And, don't let these bullies make you feel bad for giving your opinions. You're entitled.

Lol. I speak my own mind. As I have stated before I think as a whole Springfield is best gwoc team. By no means did I say they would destroy the bolts. And I say revenge will b the X factor in this one.

I did it again. I meant I know. Really. I’m not as dumb as spell check says I am. I type fast and hit send before I reread. But I do think lightning will b upset with me

Lol. I speak my own mind. As I have stated before I think as a whole Springfield is best gwoc team. By no means did I say they would destroy the bolts. And I say revenge will b the X factor in this one.
But there's another x factor. Springfield's unfinished business from last year. They want another shot at that State tournament. Now, they're on the brink of it. Also, SHS is gelling now as compared to a month ago.

I did it again. I meant I know. Really. I’m not as dumb as spell check says I am. I type fast and hit send before I reread. But I do think lightning will b upset with me
You can go back, and edit your own post, for as long as you wish, if you want to correct the mistake.

I think NM's offense will struggle greatly as the Spfld defense will be ready for them. Rice will singlehandedly keep them in it and prevent a blowout. SHS 42-24. I could see SHS getting up big again, maybe 35-7, before Rice engineers a comeback. But this time, the hole is too deep and the Spfld defense rises up to contain it. The only way I could see NM winning is if SHS just has a bad night with turnovers, missed opportunities, miscues and blown coverages where they beat themselves which is highly unlikely given their motivations. And, don't let these bullies make you feel bad for giving your opinions. You're entitled.
I don’t quite understand this sentiment (in bold above)— you are saying that a string of unlikely or improbable mistakes committed by Springfield is “the only way (you) could see N(orth)M(ont) winning”— against a team that Northmont already beat this year? Doesn’t that seem to discount the myriad other ways that a team might be able to reproduce a win that it already achieved this year? Your statement would seem to be more appropriate to describe a matchup between two very unevenly matched teams— with the team that you favor having already blown out the team that you see as the substantial underdog— when that is precisely NOT the case here... Can you explain why you think just “motivations” to overcome a previous close loss somehow makes Springfield the heavy favorite in this game now?

I don’t quite understand this sentiment (in bold above)— you are saying that a string of unlikely or improbable mistakes committed by Springfield is “the only way (you) could see N(orth)M(ont) winning”— against a team that Northmont already beat this year? Doesn’t that seem to discount the myriad other ways that a team might be able to reproduce a win that it already achieved this year? Your statement would seem to be more appropriate to describe a matchup between two very unevenly matched teams— with the team that you favor having already blown out the team that you see as the substantial underdog— when that is precisely NOT the case here... Can you explain why you think just “motivations” to overcome a previous close loss somehow makes Springfield the heavy favorite in this game now?
Check out the stats for each team. They speak for themselves. And I already explained, the first game was just a fluke.

You can go back, and edit your own post, for as long as you wish, if you want to correct the mistake.

Lol. Yea I have. But when people catch it u know they will call u an idiot. Just how people r. I personally could care less, But it brings out the troll in people and get the thread off topic. Like me even saying this would inspire hate.

One player, even if you are a five-star recruit and future starter at The Ohio State University, can not play defense for the entire team. Gabe Powers could simply not do everything for Marysville which has always been a primarily run-stop defense, not pass. There is no question that Springfield’s defensive backs are more athletic and quick than Marysville’s. This game will be a shoot out for sure. I believe whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

winner of this one makes it to the state title game. there’s my bold prediction. i’m cheering for the Bolts (Rice) but would be proud to see another clark county team make a nice run.

Love your optimism. And I’m huge rice and bolt fan. Never happen. Northmont has never been able put a championship defense and offense together on one team. But many times they have had one or the other

Love your optimism. And I’m huge rice and bolt fan. Never happen. Northmont has never been able put a championship defense and offense together on one team. But many times they have had one or the other
the offense this year is special and i think it could take them out of Region 2.

One player, even if you are a five-star recruit and future starter at The Ohio State University, can not play defense for the entire team. Gabe Powers could simply not do everything for Marysville which has always been a primarily run-stop defense, not pass. There is no question that Springfield’s defensive backs are more athletic and quick than Marysville’s. This game will be a shoot out for sure. I believe whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.
I apologize Union...that remark was directed at others. Powers and the Monarchs are very good. I look forward to cheering him on in the Shoe!!

The Bolts outplayed Springfield for nearly the whole game in order to dig out of the 1Q hole that Springfield put them in. I don't see Springfield getting off to a start like that again and they don't have the what it takes to shut down Northmont's offense (not sure anybody does at this point in the season).