Springfield Catholic Central Coaching Vacancy

I think with how good some of those middle school kids are they with likely be transferring to either Springfield or Shawnee for next season. Why play for SCC when they can play for one of the other two programs. Just my thought.

I think with how good some of those middle school kids are they with likely be transferring to either Springfield or Shawnee for next season. Why play for SCC when they can play for one of the other two programs. Just my thought.
I haven’t seen Central middle school. Springfield middle school teams were very good so some kids will stay because of playing time

Shawnee, sure. Springfield?? Not a chance in heck. People don't understand the pure talent that Springfield is. Heck, Glass who is incredible in his own right would just be another "dude" - I watched them vs Centerville and they had 7 guys that just shocked me. Takes pretty special talent to make it at Springfield.

Shawnee is not an open district anymore so thats not an option. If you have a successful group of kids why would you want to leave if you can all play varsity and play a role in turning something around? All of the parents are pretty close and have agreed if they hire the right coach they all want to stay. Should be interesting to watch!

Word is Shawnee is going to open back up for next year so we will see what happens with the talented kids at SCC. I hope to god SCC gets better because it only makes everyone around them better. They had some very good team not 5 yrs ago and it sucks that they are down but every school goes through it. Not all the small school can recruit like the bigger schools.
;)

Word is Shawnee is going to open back up for next year so we will see what happens with the talented kids at SCC. I hope to god SCC gets better because it only makes everyone around them better. They had some very good team not 5 yrs ago and it sucks that they are down but every school goes through it. Not all the small school can recruit like the bigger schools.
;)

Central can hold their own in recruiting. That’s why I thought the recruiting coordinator might get the job.....since he built the upcoming team. But that joke in the early post missed I guess.
And btw I have no idea who that is I’m just throwing rocks and having some fun. But it’s funny because it’s.........?

Well, I hope the MS kids stick it out and have some success. But MS is a totally different animal than varsity football. Being successful in MS/Peewee is no indicator of future success. Still, its nice to see kids coming out for football is the younger grades.

I know Jim Dimitroff is still coaching in the area and he was part of some of SCC's better seasons and has strong ties to the program. I'm not sure he'd be interested but would love to see him back.

;)
I agree fully. But with the Ed Choice program opening up and accepting more kids its really helped the middle school program. If we can get a little success on the field Im sure the kids will come. Education is obviously too notch, a little success in football will e
Well, I hope the MS kids stick it out and have some success. But MS is a totally different animal than varsity football. Being successful in MS/Peewee is no indicator of future success. Still, its nice to see kids coming out for football is the younger grades.
I completely understand there is a difference in levels. The stuff these kids have translates though. They have an insane amount of athletes with speed and very athletic. Ive watched both Springfield and CC both and their top 5-6 athletes are very comparable. Thats where the comparisons end lol. If the freshman and 7/8 class land with the right coach they will be a very formidable group in 2-3 years.

I agree fully. But with the Ed Choice program opening up and accepting more kids its really helped the middle school program. If we can get a little success on the field Im sure the kids will come. Education is obviously too notch, a little success in football will e

I completely understand there is a difference in levels. The stuff these kids have translates though. They have an insane amount of athletes with speed and very athletic. Ive watched both Springfield and CC both and their top 5-6 athletes are very comparable. Thats where the comparisons end lol. If the freshman and 7/8 class land with the right coach they will be a very formidable group in 2-3 years.
Pardon my first response up top to Arnie it was obviously unfinished lol.

Springfield’s and CC top 5-6 athletes are no where near comparable. Springfields top 5-6 athletes are constantly going to Wisconsin, Kentucky and Cincinnati to play football. CC’s top 5-6 players are going to those colleges to play school

The JH players at CC have no chance of playing at that level unless they transfer. Cmon man 5-6 D7 players going D1 does not even happen with MAC schools
What are you talking about? Nobody said that. Im saying right now.....at the tender age of 13-14 years old they are comparable. What happens in the next 2-3 years is obviously what sets kids apart. Innever said 7-8 kids were going D1. Even Springfield only puts out 1-2 a year.

What are you talking about? Nobody said that. Im saying right now.....at the tender age of 13-14 years old they are comparable. What happens in the next 2-3 years is obviously what sets kids apart. Innever said 7-8 kids were going D1. Even Springfield only puts out 1-2 a year.
5-6 kids****

Read 15 people applied for job and they want it done by next month. Should be interesting do they make a donor hire or give to somebody deserving