Springfield basketball

I remember a Springfield team a few years ago who was like 8-4 or something. They went and played at Akron Garfield who was 0 and whatever. Garfield beat them by 40. The league is so bad that the best teams cant win against the worse from other leagues

I remember a Springfield team a few years ago who was like 8-4 or something. They went and played at Akron Garfield who was 0 and whatever. Garfield beat them by 40. The league is so bad that the best teams cant win against the worse from other leagues
I member when Bigworm used to have witty, useful, intelligent, and relevant posts... oh wait, no I don't!!! Dude, you are the biggest TROLL ever!!!:banana:

how is worm the biggest troll out there? I too remember that games because my cousin was playing for the rams. It was Garfield's first of two wins that year.

H2 constantly getting off subject...He aint down anyways. The Tallmadge thread is dead since they banned me from it #FREEWORM

No offense guys, but why go to another team's forum and hate all over them and their conference? I'm a City fan and we have more athletes, plain and simple. We have a whole lot more kids who spend a lot of time playing basketball, so comparing a suburb team that doesn't have similar kids cross league doesn't really tell you much. That means we beat teams who don't see an up tempo pressure style as much, but it doesn't mean our bottom teams are necessarily better programs. We have some really crummy programs too. That SHS team you're talking about beat us at the buzzer that year at Ellet and we beat Buchtel. So does that mean that Springfield was better than Buchtel but worse than Garfield? You can't pick out games that say a team is bad and then ignore games that say teams are good. That SHS team you mentioned finished near the bottom that yr btw and fell apart; the coach was gone within two yrs. That might have something to do with why they lost to Garfield, lol. That being said, anyone wanna talk some Ellet hoops, lol? I'm gonna hang out in here until I recruit someone over to our forum, lol.

Nice win for Spartan hoops last night!! Waterloo isn't a great team but they didn't let them hang around. First dominant win for SHS I've seen in quite awhile.

SHS took a pretty bad beating to Boro.. They were down 24-1 after the first quarter. I didn't get to see that one but I know they have some athletes. I know Boro has a few D1 kids for football that play. I'm not sure if SHS is that bad or Boro is that good... Time will tell.

wow. Is that Streetsboro you are referring to? How bad is Waterloo?!?! Yikes. Only 1 point in a whole quarter!!?!?! jesus

wow. Is that Streetsboro you are referring to? How bad is Waterloo?!?! Yikes. Only 1 point in a whole quarter!!?!?! jesus

Yep. JH coach said they had a lot of turnovers in the first quarter and Streetsboro hit their first 6 threes... that'll do it, lol. Waterloo is bad. Haven't seen Springfield, but they don't have any scoring. 47, 32, 41 in the first three games. I know that the Floyd kid was good last year and their other two scorers were decent. Losing all three looks like too much to overcome this quickly.

What I've heard from JH coach (only person I've really talked to) is that they're playing hard and sticking together, but it's just going to take time for the younger kids to get better at shooting and ballhandling. We had those days a few years ago at Ellet. We'd lock someone down all night, but we weren't able to score all night, and when the other team finally made a run, we didn't have the scoring to win. Their box score says Ravenna scored 8-6-6-25. Fourth quarter had to be something to watch. Hopefully they can keep things positive because they're at Norton Friday... 41 points won't cut it.

JH is for Junior High? You are right that scoring is very low. I wish I could hear from someone not affiliated with the program on what the root of their scoring woes are. I wonder if the kids are put in the right spot to win. I am going to check them out tomorrow. Norton is down big time so i think SHS should compete.

JH is for Junior High? You are right that scoring is very low. I wish I could hear from someone not affiliated with the program on what the root of their scoring woes are. I wonder if the kids are put in the right spot to win. I am going to check them out tomorrow. Norton is down big time so i think SHS should compete.

Yep, sorry. I know one of their junior high coaches. His brother rents a house next to me in Ellet and is around all the time. Norton is still really good. They will compete in the league. Their only loss it to Kenmore, which isn't our (Akron City) best program, but teams who don't see City athleticism regularly can't compete well against the city. There's no way they can duplicate that type of speed and athleticism in practice and our bottom teams knock off good teams from other conferences all the time. Springfield is AT LEAST a 20 point underdog IMO. I don't think there's any chance they can handle pressure or score well enough to keep up with them tomorrow. You'd be better served by coming to watch Ellet ;). From what I gather, things are going well, but they are young and inexperienced, and only time will tell if they get better. They got killed last year and I highly doubt anyone who couldn't score last year can light it up suddenly, lol. LMK if they're worth watching and I'll catch a game when Ellet has a night off.

i want to get the whole Springfield experience...IS there middle school or freshmen game before hand? What time do the festivities start? I already started pre gaming it and will have a flask at the game.

Me and Worm said it first, the spartans with the upset tonight. But scoring 1 point in a quarter is bad i think i would rather score zero

Spartans look solid in the crowd before the game. They do not seem like they are dressed for success though. Surprised the team does not have a dress code for the games.

Do you guys have any idea what you're talking about?
Springfield got CRUSHED by a very average Norton team. Springfield will go 1-13 or 0-14 in league play.
As is typical of who KV hires, these coaches have no idea how bad the sports programs and talent level is at Springfield. Football, boys and girls basketball, volleyball... Wrestling is ok, baseball was tremendous last year, but will come back down to earth this year.
SHS should just stop playing sports.

They held the vaunted Coventry Comets to 50 some last night. Why cant we score more than 20

I went to watch last night to see that McLean kid (and see how they went from scoring 30s to scoring 60&70), but he only played about 3 minutes in the first half and he sat the whole first quarter. Apparently he was over 40 minutes late to practice on Saturday when they put in the gameplan, and he only played about 10 minutes on the night. So they just had no scoring really with him out. I guess Cole has a policy that if you miss game preparation time, you miss playing time. And if it's an unexcused absence, it's a minimum of a half. The person I sat by (no clue how much I can trust a Springfield parent) said that's why they lost the Cloverleaf game when the big, strong kid (#34?) sat out the first half and played sparingly in the second half. There was a kid who showed up from a funeral and had missed a practice due to a family member passing, but he wasn't held out at all because it was excused (according to same parent, so could all be hearsay).

Springfield was spreading them out and forcing them to guard them all the way out to halfcourt. Then they tried attacking the rim, which worked well. They just missed around the rim. They look pretty young, and there were times when three sophomores were on the floor. They started 2 sophomores, 2 juniors, and 1 senior according to the roster. To be honest, I expected it to be way worse and Coventry to beat them by like 50, but it was at 15 in the 4th quarter (I think? I remember looking up and being surprised it was under 20) when Springfield picked up the tempo and tried to make their run. They looked organized and the kids seemed to be enjoying playing out there. No one was quitting or hanging their heads or anything like I've seen in the past when we drilled them. Those kids would be developing on our JV at Ellet, but it looks like they're developing kids at the varsity level. Defensively they shut down Wess and held him to 4, and I don't know if the big kid for Coventry scored in the second half...

I think that is terrible. If this Mccellan kid is any good then he should be out on the court balling, not sitting on the bench. If the policy is miss a half on earth would he start? SHS could not have looked that good, losin to an average to below average Coventry team and only scoring 23 points. So by sitting kids out SHS cost them a win against Cloverleaf and Coventry??Not to smart if you ask me.

He had to sit out a quarter for being late, and Coventry would've beaten them with or without him. I don't think it's an outrageous request to ask kids to be at practice if they want to play. If the coach doesn't demand that the kids show up and get better, especially seniors, he won't last very long. I know that our coach wouldn't put up with that stuff at Ellet either. According to the person who told me, the big kid was involved in a domestic situation that caused a parent to not let him go to the game and miss the bus. Then a parent drove him to the game and the athletic director "okayed" him being eligible to play at the coach's discretion. After all of that, the coach sat him a half for what happened off of the floor to hold him accountable for his behavior and then allowed him to play in the third quarter.

Worm, you're spending too much time over here in the Springfield forum and starting to sound like them hahaha. They didn't like Andrick because he was too hard on the officials. They didn't like Morgan because he didn't discipline the kids. They didn't like Shaffer because he disciplined the kids. They have bigger concerns out there than kids sitting out a quarter. Things seemed pretty positive in the stands for a 1-win team last night, and it appears the new coach is focusing on the establishing a program and trying to develop players. It's gonna take awhile.