Springfield basketball

If it was a domestic situation maybe the punishment of one half is not sever enough?

Hard to tell... It sounded fine, but I'm getting hearsay from a parent, so who knows how accurate it all was? Seemed like the right call. You can PM me for details on what was said... just don't want to put the kid's personal information out in a forum.

BigWorm are you saying that you don't think coaches should hold their kids accountable? What kind of lesson is that sending? None of these players will be making a career out of basketball they need to learn life lessons and be held accountable. Good for Coach Cole. If he lets players miss and doesn't make them miss any time that sends a lousy message to his whole team.. And not only would they be bad, but not learning valuable lessons. Sounds like the right move to me.

BigWorm are you saying that you don't think coaches should hold their kids accountable? What kind of lesson is that sending? None of these players will be making a career out of basketball they need to learn life lessons and be held accountable. Good for Coach Cole. If he lets players miss and doesn't make them miss any time that sends a lousy message to his whole team.. And not only would they be bad, but not learning valuable lessons. Sounds like the right move to me.

Don't let him bait you, lol. Worm always gets people (and me) on that stuff. He's just trolling you. We just come over here because no one cares in the Ellet forum :Ohno: . I'm sure there are a bunch of different ways to handle all this stuff. As long as not being professional is being dealt with and not allowed to continue without penalty, they'll be fine. From the game I saw, they need shooters and ballhandlers before any of the discipline stuff they're doing will matter too much. Hopefully they can shoot at the lower levels.

I am not trying to bait anyone. Was just making sure everything was on the up and up. I am glad Cole is trying to cleanup the program but it will be hard to do with these kids and their families. Springfield used to be a good sports area now they stink at everything. There is no dedication or accountability. Everyone always blames these coaches but never looks in the mirror. I think Cole is wasting his time with this school. It is impossible to turn this around with the attitudes of the parents/families/kids

Spartan Nation gets its second win over Waterloo last night. Is waterloo in this league now? If not why are they playing the two times?!?

Ellet was off last night, so I made the five minute trip down the street to watch Sparty, and I asked the exact same question, lol. Apparently they've been playing twice a year for a few seasons. They must've started playing them twice when they quit playing us.

Ellet was off last night, so I made the five minute trip down the street to watch Sparty, and I asked the exact same question, lol. Apparently they've been playing twice a year for a few seasons. They must've started playing them twice when they quit playing us.

Yeah that is real weird to play a bad team 2x. win hunting I bet. What are your thoughts on the game? How did they look? Offense/ Defense? standout sets or players?

I'll give you the full report, live from Starbucks, hahaha.

The Good -->
Springfield looked good running offense and making decisions. I've only seen them twice: Coventry and Waterloo, and both times they looked like they had a game plan and did a good job of executing it. The difference is Coventry can make a team like Springfield look bad and Waterloo can make a team like Springfield look good. That being said, for a team with one win coming in, they did a lot of things better than I thought they would. Their guards look like they are shooting better than they were last time I saw them, and they made a lot more good basketball reads than they did last month when I saw them. They did a really nice job of using their post players and got them touches all over the floor. The big kid did a much better job than he did when he sat most of the game at Coventry. He and Dorsey matched each other in scoring all night.

The BAD: I'll be careful how I say this, so I don't upset people in the Springfield forum. They played well, but to be honest, their guards just aren't that skilled yet and need to continue developing. There was one athletic senior guard who played a lot, and he does not have a jump shot. They played at least 5 sophomores, 2-3 juniors, and a freshmen on varsity - according to the roster. The younger guards looked like they will be good down the road, but they look like JV kids trying to learn how to play on varsity. I caught the end of the JV game, and the JV team looked solid. Someone told me they're 9-3. I'm not fact checking a JV team, so I don't know how accurate that is :). Their best varsity guard would probably be the first guard off the bench on a good PTC team and MAYBE the 8th or 9th guy at Ellet.

Summary: Springfield jumped out to a 17-4 lead in the first quarter and looked like they had them scouted/gameplanned pretty well. It never really got closer to that the rest of the night. They got a big lead and attacked on offense until they got a good shot. Dorsey kept it within twenty as the score would fluctuate between twenty and fifteen all night. He hit A LOT of hard shots. Waterloo got a three near the end of the first, a deep three from Dorsey over two guys right before half, and a 75 footer from Dorsey at the end of 3 to keep the score respectable. Springfield didn't shoot anything other than free throws and lay-ups the last five minutes of the game, and they forced Waterloo to come out and guard them. It looked the coaches were trying to prepare them for closing out games against better competition. They subbed out the juniors and seniors once the game was in hand.

I didn't keep any stats at all.

He goes to Springfield or Waterloo? I thought they lived in Springfield? Is he as good as the older one?

No he's not as good, but he's a nice player and is skilled with size. I'm not sure about his living status. Sorry I didn't see second question.

No he's not as good, but he's a nice player and is skilled with size. I'm not sure about his living status. Sorry I didn't see second question.

Wow that has to be a huge loss for Springfield, with the way the PTC is, you could probably win the league with a 6'7" kid and a bunch of 2nd graders:thumb::Ohno:

Who do they have tonight? I want to check them out

Woodridge at Woodridge. I'd go watch us at Hoover though. That should be a better game :). You should've went to watch Manchester vs. Springfield when we had the day off! That was a really good one and exciting to the end. Woodridge is way bigger than Springfield, on senior night, and playing for a share of the PTC title. I don't anticipate a close one.