Springfield basketball

BigWorm

I heard Shafe has said "no mas" and quit on the boys. Any word on who will be the next man to lead the Fightin Spartans to battle? Will anyone even apply for this job?

With the football season going down the torlet bowl and the hoops season approaching, what are everyone's thoughts? Can David Cole resurrect this program and bring it back to the Andricky golden years?

With the football season going down the torlet bowl and the hoops season approaching, what are everyone's thoughts? Can David Cole resurrect this program and bring it back to the Andricky golden years?

In the short term? No. No one can do something quickly there. Springfield has been without a youth program and freshmen team for at least one year if not two. They should just send their kids to EBA (I'm talking out of my butt here. I don't know for certain they're allowed to, but they should.). Our youth program (I know players can transfer in... i know i know) has been turning out good basketball players for years, even though they didn't used to stick around at Ellet. I have heard that several middle school kids transferred to Mogadore after last season so that doesn't bold well for a quick turnaround this year or next. I'm a homer because I have liked Cole for awhile; I think he'll at least make it an enjoyable activity for the kids, but it'll be a long turnaround if they turn it around on the floor!

Why did they stop playing ellet? I am surprised Vaughn allowed that to happen. I think Cole will change things around. There is a lot of talent in the program

I just stopped up at a recent open gym and liked what I saw. The boys seem to have a very highly talented squad. I think you can put any coach in there and be able to win 12-14 games in this league.

Worm, it depends who you ask. The bottom line is they don't have the kids to compete with us; it's no different than football. If we have a down year and they have a good year, it can be competitive. Every other year it'll be us by 20-30. This isn't a knock on Springfield. They just don't have the athletes to compete in the city. They haven't been even a decent DII school for awhile, and we're a pretty good D1 at the moment. Someone told me they have sour grapes because of a coaching beef where we beat them handily on JV and Varsity then refused to play us again.

Five-seven is more probable. This league has gotten much more competitive by adding Woodridge an Streetsboro over the last couple years. Southeast and Crestwood were not strong teams, and both Woodridge and Streetsboro are an upgrade. I hope the new coach can help get some guys out, but the only kid I knew on their team that was any good is Floyd, and he's gone. Does anyone from Springfield know if they have anyone else who was good last year and is back?

I'm getting ready to do my Akron City predictions, so I'll make a PTC Metro prediction post. This is all you have to look forward to when you retire hahaha.

I want those City predictions!!!

Working on it :). I'm kind of waiting to hear how things are looking at East before I give my best guess. I think they got a good fit over there, and I'm hoping it doesn't hurt the Orangemen, lol. It's been nice that Hazzard came here and kids haven't wanted to play at East the last few years.

my nephew is a hooper at Springfield. From what he says Cole is a real nice guy. Hangs out with the players and has been working them before school 3 days a week. AND there's actually a good turnout. Step in the right direction for the bball program.

I mean he has had team activites like going out to eat/ having bonfires/ and has been gaming on the Xbox or whatever they have these days. Don't be a weirdo and try to stir anything up... :stirthepot:

I mean he has had team activites like going out to eat/ having bonfires/ and has been gaming on the Xbox or whatever they have these days. Don't be a weirdo and try to stir anything up... :stirthepot:

Not stirring anything up, just weird that a 45 year old man would want to hangout with some kids playing Xbox listening to Bryan Adams' Greatest hits:confused:

Not stirring anything up, just weird that a 45 year old man would want to hangout with some kids playing Xbox listening to Bryan Adams' Greatest hits:confused:

Probably more like Montgomery Gentry and as long as they're not making meth like Breaking Bad, good for them, lol. Worm you hearing anything on City Open gyms? Scrimmages start in a few weeks!

Probably more like Montgomery Gentry and as long as they're not making meth like Breaking Bad, good for them, lol. Worm you hearing anything on City Open gyms? Scrimmages start in a few weeks!

haha I have heard that East will be better if they can keep their kids from robbing people at gun point....:eek: Kenmoe will be the worse again!:clap: but they might be better than Norhts:banana: Ellet is good:eek:Buchtel is decent:grouphug: Firestone has the talent but same coach:help:Garfield is slowly getting their recruitment going:shrug:

Pm @ waterloo tba
12/4/2015 7:30 pm @ streetsboro streetsboro high school gymnasium
12/8/2015 7:30 pm ravenna hs gymnasium
12/11/2015 7:30 pm @ norton norton high school gym
12/15/2015 7:30 pm @ cloverleaf gym
12/18/2015 7:30 pm field hs gymnasium
12/29/2015 7:30 pm crestwood tba
1/5/2016 7:30 pm @ coventry coventry gym
1/8/2016 7:30 pm woodridge hs gymnasium
1/15/2016 7:30 pm streetsboro hs gymnasium
1/19/2016 7:30 pm waterloo tba
1/22/2016 7:30 pm @ ravenna ravenna hs coll gym
1/23/2016 7:30 pm dalton hs gymnasium
1/26/2016 7:30 pm norton hs gymnasium
1/29/2016 7:30 pm cloverleaf hs gymnasium
2/2/2016 7:30 pm @ rootstown rootstown high school
2/6/2016 7:30 pm temple christian hs gymnasium
2/9/2016 7:30 pm mogadore hs gymnasium
2/12/2016 7:30 pm coventry hs gymnasium
2/16/2016 7:30 pm manchester

wtf is temple chrisitan?

With this schedule SHS should win 15 games

Mancehster? Waterloo? Temple Christian?

wtf is temple chrisitan?

With this schedule SHS should win 15 games

Mancehster? Waterloo? Temple Christian?

Don't forget how bad they were last year and they had just as bad as schedule. And that team lost all three kids who scored, lol. It could be bad. Can I take my middle of the pack prediction back and put them at 6? LOL just kidding Sparties! I can't find their results from last year, but I'm pretty sure Waterloo went OT with them. They used to play us (I can say us for Ellet because I claimed them while we were terrible for a long time) and a few other decent teams. I get needing to play teams that are at your level for competition purposes, but I've never even heard of Temple Christian.

Lol at your level? Most Springfield teams have been at A middle school level. I don't see them adding Goodyear to their schedule though...