Springboro boys job

In theory that's totally true but in reality that's not even close. Actually, from what I've experienced, your last sentence is 50% the reason why 95% of these schools in this area can't advance in tournaments especially with the bigger schools. You'll find that in the more successful schools that issue is less than 20%.
Yay, numbers!

IMO...They need someone to get the kids in the school to buy in, be excited to participate for the school, last year they had 3-4 kids that would have been on the varsity but played at the kingdom because there were double standards for some, even though the talent was equal. Parents are a HUGE problem in Springboro (probably like other places), with them pestering the coaches about where their kid should be (JV, Varsity). This also comes down to what the coach tolerates. I think they need to go outside of Springboro to get a hire. Hopefully it gets better for the boys sake.

IMO...They need someone to get the kids in the school to buy in, be excited to participate for the school, last year they had 3-4 kids that would have been on the varsity but played at the kingdom because there were double standards for some, even though the talent was equal. Parents are a HUGE problem in Springboro (probably like other places), with them pestering the coaches about where their kid should be (JV, Varsity). This also comes down to what the coach tolerates. I think they need to go outside of Springboro to get a hire. Hopefully it gets better for the boys sake.

They did make it to the district game this year... and I think their record was around .500. What was so bad about the program? Why is a coach going to want this job if they know they just got rid of a coach who made it to the district game?

What is the kingdom??

The beat 2 horrible teams to get to the district finals, they are the only team Northmont beat this year. Kingdom is a rec league in Franklin. It just seems to me that a school with this many students should have a better product on the court. They only had around 12 -14 kids come out for varsity. It just seems it has gone down hill for the last several years.

The beat 2 horrible teams to get to the district finals, they are the only team Northmont beat this year. Kingdom is a rec league in Franklin. It just seems to me that a school with this many students should have a better product on the court. They only had around 12 -14 kids come out for varsity. It just seems it has gone down hill for the last several years.

Yeah a school that size should have a good turnout for tryouts. I assume basketball is the third sport there behind football and baseball?

I think both Centerville and Trotwood have great mindsets. Why not have Springboro follow Centerville model? It takes a lot to establish the program deep into the grades and really be involved in the kids, but if the next Springboro coach was up to it and given the vote of confidence to have time to do it, then the right person could build a solid program.

That is good. Take the best of both worlds.

Yes, get the players and the parents to buy in. There are no options. Instead of trying to follow centerville‘a are crazy!, follow Trotwood’s. That mindset is the key. Quit worrying about phones, hair gel and ponytails and work on whipping someone’s as and not backing down from anyone and having the skills to back you up.
HC you are crazy! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, get the players and the parents to buy in. There are no options. Instead of trying to follow centerville‘a model, follow Trotwood’s. That mindset is the key. Quit worrying about phones, hair gel and ponytails and work on whipping someone’s as and not backing down from anyone and having the skills to back you up.
. You mean the soft kids and parents ? Exactly !

Thanks.

Does anyone have any details? Does he have varsity HC experience? Was he at LaSalle under Coach Fleming?

I’m pretty sure Kostoff spent at least a few yrs helping Freshman and JV while Coach Fleming was at LaSalle. Not sure if he has Varsity HC experience though.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any details? Does he have varsity HC experience? Was he at LaSalle under Coach Fleming?

No Varsity HC experience but has been at LaSalle under Fleming and Goedde for probably 7 or 8 years. Has been the head coach for the JV team as well. Definitely a younger guy who will be hungry and try to build a program. I also believe an outside hire will help with the parent situation that some are complaining about.

No Varsity HC experience but has been at LaSalle under Fleming and Goedde for probably 7 or 8 years. Has been the head coach for the JV team as well. Definitely a younger guy who will be hungry and try to build a program. I also believe an outside hire will help with the parent situation that some are complaining about.

Thanks.

Terrific. I am interested to see how this plays out, from the get go.

I see this as Coach Kostoff finally getting a shot at a Head Coaching job. Personally think he will stay a few yrs until a job around Cincy that interests him Opens up. Coach Kostoff a Teacher or work in the School building?

Actually 1 kid would have made all of the difference.

Good for him and good luck. As for the parents. Enjoy the honeymoon. Helicopter parents are flying everywhere ?
If parents would get out of the way and encourage their kids to compete for playing time rather than have Mommy and Daddy bitch about playing time the kids would be better for the change. The coaches do not care who is playing well, encourage the kids to go out there and out work, out think, and out play the competition and earn the job. Some kids will not make it in that scenario, but by learning what it takes to compete in life, all will be better off for the experience.

Last edited: