Sports-loving Racists and Social engineerin Efforts

cabezadecaballo

I'm going to start a thread with two posts from the NFL forum, because I think that the comments they inspire from me leads to a discussion that belongs in the Debate Forum. We don't want our Yappi moderators to be over-worked!! Here goes:

Folks, it's 2019. I've never looked at a head coach, pro or college and noticed if he's black or white? There isn't an industry in American, other than the NBA, where there are more blacks than pro football. Why does this continue to be an issue? Why is there even a Rooney rule??
Marvin Lewis...head coach of the Bengals for 15 YEARS!!!! Never won a playoff game!!! It's time to stop these shenanigans. NFL owners are going to hire the men who give them the best chance to...WIN, period!!!

the Rooney Rule wasn't necessarily established to make sure more minorities actually BECAME head coaches, but so that more minorities were given the opportunity to at least interview for those positions.

people get up in arms that more minorities aren't hired, but like you said, if i'm down to two candidates and one is black, and the other is white, and i'm trying to decide between the two, race has ZERO to do with it. to reiterate: it's about who i think gives my team the best chance to WIN, period.

So true, both of you.

Here is the real deal. Feel free to copy-and-paste (*but not publish* :D ), because THIS is the gospel.

As the emphasis in HC hires has shifted away from defensive-minded coaches, the racists that like to observe and report on the race of coaches have decided that, IN A ONE YEAR SAMPLE SIZE, an insufficient number of black NFL head coaches have been hired.

These racists have briefly indulged in a rational thought process for a single step forward in the realization that there are not a lot of black OCs, and then the racists have immediately leapt off of the path of reason. The racists have further decided that this disparity of black OCs is due to some sort of unfair practice, thinking, or collusion.

That's all that I've heard expressly stated alongside of the notion that "The Rooney Rule doesn't go far enough!!" - the new battle cry - but it isn't hard to connect the dots. We can therefore assume that the racists want every NFL team with an OC vacancy to commit to interviewing at least one black OC candidate. It's how "the program" progresses in their fantasy world.

It's absurd, but whatever. Y'all are either conditioned fools in self-denial or race-baiting turds looking for an unfair advantage. I don't really see a third group coalescing from the soup of public chatter, but I'm open to suggestions.

Each one of these NFL teams want to win above all else unless they are tanking, truly. Duh. Winning is where the money is. Winning is where the glory is. The only possible exception is an owner goof that, coincidentally or not, had employed a black head coach for 16 seasons. (Occam's razor, dips. Think, for God's sake.) They all evaluate and interview candidates equally, accepting blacks on an equal footing. The racial distribution of those employed only reflects the talent pool. Period.

Ken Carman discussed this a little while back, and he is on to something. This isn't an NFL problem, it's a simple cultural values disparity augmented by a general difference in our physical gifts. More white players that have enough passion and ability to be high achievers at the HS playing level realize sooner in life that they don't have a future in the NFL, so they begin looking at coaching as a career over the dream of a career as an NFL player.

Fleshing out Carman's observations that he based upon growing up with the McDaniel's boys and playing for their father, then add that the game itself rewards physical gifts of outlier-level speed and outlier-level quick strength more greatly at the positions that require the least amount of study and the most instinctive behavior - carrying the ball, catching the ball on the outside, and defense in general.

White guys that loved the game enough to hang in for hard study and hard training hang in at QB, TE and O-line, positions where being a step slow or lacking a bit of twitch can be overcome in competition for a bit longer. These are the player positions that lead to developing the mind of an offensive coordinator. Maybe they also work a bit harder on academics, because they start to sense at a younger age that they may need a "real job".

Then, eventually, too small, too slow, too short, inadequate arm - whatever - takes over. The dream of rising above the rest as a player dies and some of these guys love the game so much that they look at coaching as their career and they take a GA job. Therefore a large, racially disproportionate group of white players possessing established relationships with head coaches get a head start at the coaching positions. Larger numbers of whites then become more accomplished offensive position coaches at a younger age, they diversify their coaching experience on the offensive side of the ball. Thus they interview better and they advance to coordinator positions.

It is that simple, and there is nothing more to it.

The blacks that now cry about coaching numbers are simply racists looking for another head-count based adavantage because they don't want to admit that they didn't put the work in. Or they are cry-babies. F__ them.

Not sure if I'm the outlier here, but I tend to notice if a head coach is black, especially when the camera is on him.

Interesting theory on the reason for there being more white coaches. Certainly plausible, as long as we stay of out of Jimmy the Greek territory.

I don't know how much ground the Rooney Rule encompasses. It seems to me if the league is deficient on their EEOC report that they would be holding career development training sessions with black assistants. I dunno, maybe they're already doing that.

Looking at the issue from a different perspective, are there black assistant coaches who also grew up being a step slow (they DO exist), who have also put in the time, who should be getting a shot at promotional opportunities but seem to be get beaten out by white assistants with less seniority?

Blacks on average aren't as smart as whites. This isn't racism, this is the reality. There are mountains of data that have shown this but everyone just plays hush-hush about it.

The likelihood of a black matching wits with a white is reduced when the average IQ of a black is 20 points lower than the average white:
WAIS-IV_FSIQ_Scores_by_Race_and_Ethnicity.png
Even if blacks took the same paths as whites, most open positions that favor cognitive performance will be taken by whites.

This issue isn't something seen just in football.

Sorry, cabezadecaballo. I know what you wanted to avoid, but as the great Ben Shapiro says, facts don't care about your feelings!

What do we do about it? Truth be told, I don't know. The going wisdom seems to be race quotas, but I find those policies grotesque and counterproductive.

Last edited:
Ok, I won't dispute the above "facts", I think they are accurate, however, why , is a whole different debate.

I have helped coach elite athletes and very intelligent athletes, AAU basketball.

Early on in middle school we could get by with white kids, but as the kids got older, we clearly needed athleticism and we knew where to find it.

Now to my point, in working with these kids as 15 year olds, the white slow kids thought their way through games in hopes of competing, while the athletically superior black kids simply relied on their athletic abilities and did not really learn the game.

In the end, as 17 year olds, it was the intelligent black kids who advanced the furthest, but they did not know the game like an undersized white kid who was talented but lacked top end speed and quickness. Who would I hire to coach a team? The white kid who knew every fundamental method to address a defense or how to defend with footwork and closing out properly etc.

My suspicion is that plays out the same in football. When you can't jump you have to think about how to best play the game.

My apologies if I have offended some concerning the differences in the races. But as I always say on the farm, you don't pull a plow with a Tennessee Walker, and you don't go to the track with a Clydesdale. We accept natural differences in animals, why not humans?

Often wondered if some black guy who really likes football has contacted NFL teams and offered to be their required interview? Seems awkward to go into an interview wondering if you are only there to satisfy quotas and politics.

The likelihood of a black matching wits with a white is reduced when the average IQ of a black is 20 points lower than the average white:
There's a lot of black folks smarter than the dumbest whites.

And as far as the really smart genius-types way out on the left end, none of those guys are coaching football anyway.

Smarts has got little to do with it.

There's a lot of black folks smarter than the dumbest whites.

And as far as the really smart genius-types way out on the left end, none of those guys are coaching football anyway.

Smarts has got little to do with it.

No doubt about it. Max's overlaid curves clearly show it.

McVay is said to have a photographic memory, but the guy that just waxed him is no dummy, either. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I won't dispute the above "facts", I think they are accurate, however, why , is a whole different debate.

I have helped coach elite athletes and very intelligent athletes, AAU basketball.

Early on in middle school we could get by with white kids, but as the kids got older, we clearly needed athleticism and we knew where to find it.

Now to my point, in working with these kids as 15 year olds, the white slow kids thought their way through games in hopes of competing, while the athletically superior black kids simply relied on their athletic abilities and did not really learn the game.

In the end, as 17 year olds, it was the intelligent black kids who advanced the furthest, but they did not know the game like an undersized white kid who was talented but lacked top end speed and quickness. Who would I hire to coach a team? The white kid who knew every fundamental method to address a defense or how to defend with footwork and closing out properly etc.

My suspicion is that plays out the same in football. When you can't jump you have to think about how to best play the game.

My apologies if I have offended some concerning the differences in the races. But as I always say on the farm, you don't pull a plow with a Tennessee Walker, and you don't go to the track with a Clydesdale. We accept natural differences in animals, why not humans?

Word!!

Max jumping rope in the minefield again....

As chs said, the top end of any racial IQ scale isn't likely coaching, but that said there are odds at play here.

I still think it starts early, as D4 said. I'm sure that many of the best black coaches and the best white coaches have had dads that coached - in disproportionate numbers. It's a state of mind.

On a pogostick in the dark!

Take this into account:
- The average white American IQ is 105
- About 13% of American blacks have an IQ above average (100)
- The average IQ of those who graduate college is 115
- There is at least one full standard deviation between the average of whites and blacks

This means, roughly, the upper 90th percentile of blacks match the AVERAGE white. To give this a real world visualization, people with average IQs (100) are the skilled labor guys welding your pipes and fixing your transmission. Is that where the average NFL head coach resides? I give them more credit than that, but even if we say "yes", there simply aren't that many blacks who are at that level, regardless of their athleticism.

On a pogostick in the dark!

Take this into account:
- The average white American IQ is 105
- About 13% of American blacks have an IQ above average (100)
- The average IQ of those who graduate college is 115
- There is at least one full standard deviation between the average of whites and blacks

This means, roughly, the upper 90th percentile of blacks match the AVERAGE white. To give this a real world visualization, people with average IQs (100) are the skilled labor guys welding your pipes and fixing your transmission. Is that where the average NFL head coach resides? I give them more credit than that, but even if we say "yes", there simply aren't that many blacks who are at that level, regardless of their athleticism.

BLUF of your post: Whitey is smarter than black folk.

Gotcha.

The facts are what they are, thavoice. I believe this disparity provides a very solid explanation for why there are not many black coaches in the NFL. I don't appreciate the connotation!

What should be done is to insist that every sports team reflect the makeup of the country. The same percentage of white, blacks, Hispanics, etc. as the population. Whether front office, coaches, players, etc.

That would probably put an end to the forced and imaginary "diversity" push.

BLUF of your post: Whitey is smarter than black folk.

Gotcha.

Except in Maxie's case. Any old white guy taking so much time and effort to say that Blacks are inferior is surely a complete underachieving mediocre white man . Insecure? YES that's it , he knows he isn't as far ahead of blacks in the squash than the average white man is. He's only what 2 points ahead ?

Good work Maxie

Oh I get it the old Jew channels the young Jew? Oh calling Maxie what he is, is racist? Lets let him say he isn't. He uses the orthodox Jew as his rebuttal why? Grumby the old Jew who disparages blacks and in reality is a lightweight . Facts Maxie? Why not give your exact particulars and include a photo . On second thought don't do that .

Ben Shapiro has a long history of fudging facts and being a guy who engages in lies of omission on a consistent basis and using cherry picked facts . He has HIS BASE . Like all wealthy successful media podcast guys do . He's a monotone speed talking money machine. He's smart, but hardly unbias and non-agenda driven .

Ben Shapiro has a long history of fudging facts and being a guy who engages in lies of omission on a consistent basis and using cherry picked facts . He has HIS BASE . Like all wealthy successful media podcast guys do . He's a monotone speed talking money machine. He's smart, but hardly unbias and non-agenda driven .

I'm using his phrase, not quoting his work!

Oh I get it the old Jew channels the young Jew? Oh calling Maxie what he is, is racist? Lets let him say he isn't. He uses the orthodox Jew as his rebuttal why? Grumby the old Jew who disparages blacks and in reality is a lightweight . Facts Maxie? Why not give your exact particulars and include a photo . On second thought don't do that .

There you go bringing Jews into this out of nowhere, good work Adolph