Special Congratulations to 2020 D1 Girls State Champion -- Centerville

SirStanley

I'm mostly a state cross country racing fan, but I was gripped by the events of Centerville's district race last year. Really fantastic to see them rebound from that disappointment with a state championship the very next opportunity. Congrats to the runners, coaches, parents and all associated with the program.

Here they are: The DI Girls State Champions Centerville Elks
1604807710052.png

L to R: Mia Robillard, Emma Bucher, Nikke Jindal, Brooke Strobel, Alayne Skidmore, Arej Salem, Peri Rhodes, ?

Last edited:
Impressive race by the Lady Elks! I personally ran with the mom's of two of the daughter's on this Elk's team back when I was in HS at Carroll. Shout out to John Agnew for inspiring the love of running in his athletes and for those athletes carrying it on to their children!

Congrats to the team and the coach!

Which brings to mind a certain conversation following last year!

Wonder if Centerville is glad they didn’t listen to the Yappsters that declared the coach should be fired last year?

Wonder if Centerville is glad they didn’t listen to the Yappsters that declared the coach should be fired last year?
Are you inferring that they did not have any chance of winning with a different coach?

I really have no opinion but am bored and trying to stir things up so please take my comment as an insult if you will indulge me. I hope you see I am kidding. The discussion on this issue last year had so many extreme views that it intrigued me about people's way of thinking.

I think the point has been proven that you cannot run District and Regional and run well at the state meet.
Well, I do think it is safe to say that it is very tough to win state if you do not advance out of district. I'm not sure anyone has ever done it, even your beloved Woodridge.

It is tough to win if you aren't there.

I did notice that they pulled #4 from and #7 from the District meet and ran 2 others at Regional and State. Otherwise, They 5 of the 7 at all 3 races.

Are you inferring that they did not have any chance of winning with a different coach?

I really have no opinion but am bored and trying to stir things up so please take my comment as an insult if you will indulge me. I hope you see I am kidding. The discussion on this issue last year had so many extreme views that it intrigued me about people's way of thinking.
Hmmm... I guess I was inferring overreacting can cause more harm than good.