Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

Isn’t West Milton to Waynesville about the furthest? SWBL will always be around. It’s been A league since 1944. Ross, Talawanda and Edgewood will be nice fits. Maybe add Little Miami. Smaller schools will hold their own vs bigger schools. It’s not been a split conference that long. 2001? I never looked at Franklin and Bellbrook as too big.
I do agree that the SWBL will always be around and that those additional schools could be a good fit. Even if they split into divisions of 7 teams, there could be a division of: Madison, Carlisle, Waynesville, Brookville, Eaton, VV and a 7th. Then there could be a big school division of: Franklin, Monroe, Edgewood, Talawanda, Ross, Bellbrook and a 7th. I could see Oakwood going in either direction depending on who the last team would be.

Did it in 2011!! Waynesville came out on top 31-19
Friday night football is one thing. Tuesday evening softball, baseball, basketball or volleyball is another. You might not even get back to the school until after 11 and then get home eat something and off to school the next day. Certainly not ideal. It's not all about football, those trips are always managable.

Friday night football is one thing. Tuesday evening softball, baseball, basketball or volleyball is another. You might not even get back to the school until after 11 and then get home eat something and off to school the next day. Certainly not ideal. It's not all about football, those trips are always managable.
I just google mapped this. The Waynesville to Eaton trip (58 minutes) would be almost exactly the same as the Waynesville to Milton Union commute (57 minutes). Not ideal, but that would be similar to something Waynesville is already going through. The even further drives would be if the league took on the additional schools (Talawanda, Ross, Edgewood) and the commute that Bellbrook would have.

I could be wrong, but I think Madison's talent pool is starting to dry up based on what I've seen from some of the younger groups. I think they might take a major step back similar to Carlisle in the next couple of seasons. Waynesville is going to have to show they have the staying power. I don't think the new league setup will be great for any of the smaller schools in the league and will ultimately lead to the SWBL falling apart or some type of expansion similar to what they currently have. You don't see many leagues that stretch from DIII teams to DV teams. I personally don't think its going to work in the long term.

I agree the SWBL will always be around with it's core group of schools, I just wonder where this next transition will fall. Staying at this group of 10 certainly causes a few new travel issues. The question will be if adding teams is helpful or just causes more travel/school size issues.

I agree the SWBL will always be around with it's core group of schools, I just wonder where this next transition will fall. Staying at this group of 10 certainly causes a few new travel issues. The question will be if adding teams is helpful or just causes more travel/school size issues.
I think it will grow more in Division 2-3 schools. Not many 4-5‘s left to add.

I was very pleased to learn that Milton was switching conferences. Although while they removed the long drives to Madison or Waynesville they did add a potential drive to De Graff (Riverside). Otherwise everyone is within 30 minutes of Milton, and most of these teams are all north and closer to one another. I'm pretty sure Milton vs. Riverside would be the longest commute for any of the schools in this new conference, at 51 minutes.

Bethel (21 min.), Covington (15 min.), Lehman Catholic (29 min.), Miami East (28 min.), Northridge (21 min.), Riverside (51 min.), Troy Christian (13 min.)

Play a better schedule is all that I can say.
Play in a league that isn’t full of d4/d5 teams you mean ? That’s the real problem here let’s gey real , when we scheduled tecumsah years ago they were a solid program , Fairborn is a joke but they still should be able to get 5 wins a year , and the swbl crossover game really screws us amd Franklin for that matter the tiny teams on the other side 9 out of 10 times most years do not help at all , this would of been only year in last 8 that bellbrook could of benefited if they would of beat waynesville .
The league needs to grow or bellbrook needs to go

Sadly for Madison and Carlisle and waynesville and even brookville I think they need to leave also now that it’s basically a big division filled with lots of talent with all the schools on the southwest side but once you cross the line to the buckeye talent is few and far between

Sadly for Madison and Carlisle and waynesville and even brookville I think they need to leave also now that it’s basically a big division filled with lots of talent with all the schools on the southwest side but once you cross the line to the buckeye talent is few and far between
Sorry but Madison, Milton and Waynesville were talented the last few years.
Brookville needs to play in a smaller league. The TRC would’ve been perfect

Well, Milton got smashed by a great athlete tonight. Evan Prater is a stud. Cincinnati D4 teams are legit. Congrats to Valley View!

Congrats on a nice win VV! Carry that banner. I thought Waynesville and MU were going to do some damage from the early scores. Final score of the Franklin game does tell the true story, getting stuffed twice inside the 5 you just can't do. But at the end of the day the score board is the only thing that matters.

Along with Milton Union, Northridge, and Dixie leaving the SWBL, Preble Shawnee will be leaving as well. Preble Shawnee and Dixie are both going to the Western Ohio Athletic Confernece.