Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

the SWBL is a very competitive conference at the top. nothing really surprises me at this point. each team will be competitive in the playoffs with the exception of whoever plays Cincinnati Wyoming

the SWBL is a very competitive conference at the top. nothing really surprises me at this point. each team will be competitive in the playoffs with the exception of whoever plays Cincinnati Wyoming
Likely that will be MU if we can get some help. They have a key offensive player "out" for the year. CM and Kenton will be just as good as Wyoming. My future son-in-law is the OC at Mt Healthy and they only lost to Wyoming 10-7. They are beatable for anyone.
I think Clinton Massie or Kenton could beat Wyoming. Milton will either give them the game of the year or get plowed. In 2012, MU had CM on the ropes until a 100 yard run that nailed the coffin shut. losing to them 35-7 was hard to take but MU has been competitive with CM in the couple of times we played. I would hate to see MU up against Kenton due to their passing attack. Roger Bacon isn't as much of a worry. Top teams like Wyoming, Kenton, CM and RB will be stout. Waynesville, we'd give them a much stiffer test but that game won't happen again.
I think MU keeps it within 14 points or less with CM, Wyoming or RB. Kenton, that would be a Valley View type game.

Likely that will be MU if we can get some help. They have a key offensive player "out" for the year. CM and Kenton will be just as good as Wyoming. My future son-in-law is the OC at Mt Healthy and they only lost to Wyoming 10-7. They are beatable for anyone.
I think Clinton Massie or Kenton could beat Wyoming. Milton will either give them the game of the year or get plowed. In 2012, MU had CM on the ropes until a 100 yard run that nailed the coffin shut. losing to them 35-7 was hard to take but MU has been competitive with CM in the couple of times we played. I would hate to see MU up against Kenton due to their passing attack. Roger Bacon isn't as much of a worry. Top teams like Wyoming, Kenton, CM and RB will be stout. Waynesville, we'd give them a much stiffer test but that game won't happen again.
I think MU keeps it within 14 points or less with CM, Wyoming or RB. Kenton, that would be a Valley View type game.
the thing about Kenton is you know what they are going to do- run out of empty and throw the ball. if you find ways to stop it, you will win the game. teams can score on them.

VV fumbled and had a turnover on downs after picking off Eaton. VV should stretch the lead comfortably in the 2nd half

Besides the two seasons Madison was recently very strong, Monroe has owned that series. That includes years where the records don’t align, similar to this year. Go to Joe Eitel and check it out. It’s a big reason I picked Monroe in our SWBL Pick ‘Em.

14-6 Valley View. VV just failed on a fake punt in their own territory...
Faked a punt in their own territory and got stopped, which was crazy. Saw VV for the first time tonight and was not impressed at all. They could have been playing down to their competition. It was a very competitive game until VV got 2 late scores when Eaton was gassed. #13 from Eaton was the best player on the field all night tonight.

maxpreps reports that Bethel-Tate lost tonight, which presumably severely hurts their playoff hopes. I suspect once all of the scores are inputted tonight, drew/joe's websites will show that R16's teams are basically set (barring massive upsets, of course).

Bethel Tate losing really helps both VV and MU. If that score is correct, MU is good to go. Valley View on the other hand has their work cut out for them vs Brookville next week. VVs worst enemy is themselves. It started with their slow first half vs BB and has continued, trickling in to their game at Eaton. It’s no disrespect to BB, MU, or even Eaton. Valley View just isn’t a consistent football team and can be a fairly average to below average defensive unit right now.

projections just updated on drew's site. MU 99% lock, VV about 80%. Not all scores in, but I suspect that it can only help both VV and MU since their victories tonight aren't reflected yet.

Brumbaugh is out? Wow. I hope he is ok. That kids health is #1 right now. Back injuries aren’t anything to mess around with. Not sure who the backup is either.