Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

BB you were right. Hats off my friend. Franklin is a very good win for the Buccs.
Whos the team on the SW side to beat? VV, BB, Franklin?
Going out on a limb...
SW side projection:
Franklin
Bellbrook
Valley View
Brookville
Oakwood
Monroe
Eaton

Buckeye side projection:
Milton-Union
Waynesville
Preble Shawnee
Northridge
Madison
Carlisle
Dixie

Honestly , I think bellbrook sees their 17 game regular season streak ended in 2 weeks when they travel to Franklin . As I’ve said before bellbrook is very talented and has good team speed. But with that they are also very young and graduated a lot from that 10-0 run last year , I think the lack of experience and difficulty of schedule will get the eagles in Franklin . I feel like there pretty evenly matched I just think that atmosphere on that night and the fact that Franklin has had 2 tough games already against Edgewood and Xenia will carry them to victory .
It kills me to say that and I hope I’m wrong but that’s my prediction as of RIGHT now .

I would then predict it ending like this

Franklin 9-1
Bellbrook 9-1
Valley view 8-2
Brookville 6-4
Monroe 5-5
Oakwood 4-6
Eaton 3-7

I completely understand why people are not giving VV much of a chance vs Bellbrook and Franklin but it’s going to be much tougher than people realize

Agreed. Just see it like this right now. Those three are very tight. Valley View also has to travel to West Milton after facing Franklin and Bellbrook in consecutive weeks. It’s possible that both will be undefeated. That game will be HUGE!

I completely understand why people are not giving VV much of a chance vs Bellbrook and Franklin but it’s going to be much tougher than people realize
Valley view and franklin are teams to beat both best my Mohawks pretty good and Madison has lots to fix on both sides of the ball

Madison will be ok. I’m not sure anyone in the Buckeye would fair any better, maybe Milton and the way they are playing. But like I said, there is a lot of football left. MU has to travel to Middletown this year.

Current SWBL computer point standings:
Division III:
Bellbrook 3rd; 7.3677
Franklin 7th; 4.500
Monroe 0.000

Division IV:
Milton-Union; 2nd; 6.3833
Valley View; 3rd; 6.0167
Northridge; 6th; 5.1833
Waynesville; 10th; 4.2833
Oakwood; 20th; 1.5000
Eaton; 0.0000

Division V:
Brookville; 13th; 3.2000
Preble Shawnee; 15th; 3.1667
Madison; 19th; 1.5000
Carlisle; 0.0000

Division VI:
Dixie; 13th; 2.6833

Overall Standings based on Computer points:
Bellbrook
Milton-Union
Valley View
Northridge
Franklin
Waynesville
Brookville
Shawnee
Dixie
Madison
Oakwood
Eaton
Carlisle

I really think, after that comeback Friday, this team will win the SWBL. If they can get passed Valley View at home they might bring back the first 10-0 season since 1982. It’s a hard thing to finish 10-0 but improving, avoiding injuries and taking each opponent for their strengths is what’s needed.
Last undefeated team was SRC champs and didn’t get to the playoffs. This team should make the playoffs with. 7-3 record. Toughest games are yet to be played. Northridge, Madison, Waynesville, Preble, Valley View. Carlisle and Dixie should be easier. I think they finish as SWBL champs and playoff qualifier. Undefeated? I’m not so sure. Madison and Waynesville are going to be huge tasks as will Valley View.

Ditto here. Pearce is just such a good coach it’s very likely we will be 7-0. I think your schedule is much tougher than ours. Northwestern was a good team and Waynesville and Madison will be good. We face no one like Bellbrook and Franklin though.

Everyone counting Waynesville out this week against Bellbrook. They lost to Greenview and should have won but no excuses. They are very athletic and very fast. I think Waynesville comes out on top by a score of 28-21. Milton has to come into waynesville and that will be the game of the year on this side of the SWBL winner of that game will win league.

I think Waynesville is much improved but I don't see them beating Bellbrook by a TD. I still give an edge to MU in the small school side with Waynesville and Madison battling for 2nd.

MU and Waynesville played in OT last year. I've seen nothing to suggest it won't be just as competitive this year.
Milton is 1-5 the last 6 games against Madison, So I'm not assuming MU/WV is for the league title until I see the Bulldogs beat the Mohawks.

Last edited:
No one is counting Waynesville out. It is a bigger and more athletic Bellbrook team though. If they beat Bellbrook things will change for everyone. Anything is possible. MU vs Waynesville will be a war.
But, MU has to beat Northridge and then travel to Madison before Waynesville. Two very tough games.

No one is counting Waynesville out. It is a bigger and more athletic Bellbrook team though. If they beat Bellbrook things will change for everyone. Anything is possible. MU vs Waynesville will be a war.
But, MU has to beat Northridge and then travel to Madison before Waynesville. Two very tough games.
I think this week will be Northridges tell all. If they can play with or beat milton union this will change everything. I believe milton comes out on top in a one sided game 42-6

Everyone counting Waynesville out this week against Bellbrook. They lost to Greenview and should have won but no excuses. They are very athletic and very fast. I think Waynesville comes out on top by a score of 28-21. Milton has to come into waynesville and that will be the game of the year on this side of the SWBL winner of that game will win league.
If Waynesville beats Bellbrook there is no reason why they shouldn’t finish 9-1

also if WV upsets Bellbrook it gives them a ton of computer points and if VV can continue to take care of business, along with MU, then there is a great chance 3 SWBL teams are playing week 11 in region 16. How fun would that be?

This game could definitely go either way. Bellbrook has a young but talented group of guys on offense. They struggle to move the ball at times but are still dangerous to hit the big play. The Eagles defense gets after it. They are undersized upfront, but the Linebackers/Secondary as a group are probably the best the league has seen in awhile. Scoring 28 points on a Defense that hasn’t given up a point all season will be a tall task for the Spartans.

If Waynesville beats Bellbrook there is no reason why they shouldn’t finish 9-1

also if WV upsets Bellbrook it gives them a ton of computer points and if VV can continue to take care of business, along with MU, then there is a great chance 3 SWBL teams are playing week 11 in region 16. How fun would that be?
That would be awesome! All three teams going 9-1 8-2 could be one heck of a show down!

This game could definitely go either way. Bellbrook has a young but talented group of guys on offense. They struggle to move the ball at times but are still dangerous to hit the big play. The Eagles defense gets after it. They are undersized upfront, but the Linebackers/Secondary as a group are probably the best the league has seen in awhile. Scoring 28 points on a Defense that hasn’t given up a point all season will be a tall task for the Spartans.
Waynesville is very fast on offense and are big up front. Defense is just like Bellbrook, sure they gave up 21 on Greeneview but from what i saw there offen

IMO, there is no way Waynesville beats Bellbrook.

I also think Northridge is over-hyped at this point. Milton Union will have little to no problem beating them (as long as they play to their potential).

Valley View is tough. They have some big guys upfront and their midline/Veer/Sweep series seems to work well with their quarterback willing to run. If he gets injured (always a fear with running QBs), I'm not sure their backup can handle their offense yet.

However with Franklin dropping to Xenia (I still can't believe that). I think both Valley View and Bellbrook are the front runners with Milton close behind.

The wildcard is Brookville - they lost to a very good Anna team. I think they could make a run. Their last three games are tough with Bellbrook, Franklin, and Valley View. I wish Milton played Brookville this year. I would love to see that game!

I know everyone is high on Bellbrook but this isn’t the same team as last year. I would put their talent level against any team in the league, but they lack experience. They have taken care of business so far, but the next three games will be a tough test. They are certainly coached well enough to repeat as league champs. The question mark is, how will they perform in the big game? I think they are the underdog vs VV/Franklin. They are the favorite vs Waynesville but it’s no gimme. The BB/WV 2021 kids have played some epic games going back to their pee wee days. I know those boys are all looking forward to this weeks matchup. Should be a good football game.

Northwestern was one of the biggest lines on both sides I’ve seen in years. Speed to burn And a crazy athletic QB.
I think NW and Waynesville will be similar teams. Valley View and Bellbrook are both very good. The offense that VV runs gives MU fits. WingT teams tend to fit better into what MU is used to.
No one is dismissing Northridge, but they struggled with a weaker Troy Christian team. Milton has handled Miami East, Oakwood fairly easy. Oakwood was a good team. They’ll be tough to take down. I see them 6-4 or 5-5.
I think MU might be a ways from peaking yet. When they do it will be a very good team.
I think Oakwood would beat Northridge. But we will see. The Bears tend to be athletic and speedy.