Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

Franklin Win Streak....Franklin is going for their 8th straight win this week hosting Xenia. This is the 2nd straight home game against a D-II team. Looking at the stats it looks like Xenia is a team that runs the ball 95% of the time. Cal-Preps has Franklin by 1@ 21-20. Go "Cats" !!

Word on the street is Northridge picked up some Wayne kids through open enrollment, anyone know this to be true? I personally hate open enrollment, you should have to play where you live or not at all.

Bless, huge caveat in that I haven’t had the chance to watch this team in person yet but from the info I’ve seen so far they remind me of being similar to the 2012 team with maybe a better defense which we can only hope as that was a league champ and regional runner up. The 07 was a great defense with a good but not great offense that I think may have been a little better than 12 but had a tougher road in the playoffs than 12 did though they arguably could have gone one more round deeper than the did but they came up short against massie. Though even if they win that they like get beat soundly by coldwater......

Bless, huge caveat in that I haven’t had the chance to watch this team in person yet but from the info I’ve seen so far they remind me of being similar to the 2012 team with maybe a better defense which we can only hope as that was a league champ and regional runner up. The 07 was a great defense with a good but not great offense that I think may have been a little better than 12 but had a tougher road in the playoffs than 12 did though they arguably could have gone one more round deeper than the did but they came up short against massie. Though even if they win that they like get beat soundly by coldwater......
Dogs, I understand it’s projection but accuracy in data that has been submitted. Thanks for correcting me.
Woody, yeah I felt that 2006 was likely one of the best teams ever at MU. But 2012 was very tough and physical. I used to work with the former Principal of Norwood and he said when they saw MU get off of the bus they knew they were in trouble. The staff at Norwood still talks about that game he said. He’s not in education anymore but he respects MU Football.

Ya, I was at that Norwood game and they were totally overmatched. I’m not sure if we are talking about the same teams . The 06 team when Mitch was a senior was probably the best Milton team since the old days. The 07 team the next year was a worthy follow up they had a less dynamic offense but a better defense.

Agreed on Madison. I see glimpses of that 2007 and even 2012 team here. Lovin is a great athlete and his supporting cast is athletic. Agreed comparisons are early. Way early.
Northwestern, Northridge and Madison in consecutive weeks is a tough gig.
I definitely think mu will beat northwestern and north ridge but Madison at Madison will be a tough one for sure it’s gonna be a tough physical game

Ya, I was at that Norwood game and they were totally overmatched. I’m not sure if we are talking about the same teams . The 06 team when Mitch was a senior was probably the best Milton team since the old days. The 07 team the next year was a worthy follow up they had a less dynamic offense but a better defense.
I was adding 06 in there due to Mitch. 07 was with Wilson and that group. I’ve watched MU Football since 1972, not sure how old you are, and they were close. The “old” teams were just different. Think Woody Hayes.
Farm boys like the MAC teams. Deep community support and expectations were high. Not exceptionally athletic but very well coached and disciplined.
Madison is champs until they are beaten. Period. MU has to go there and face the Champs. Better be ready.

Franklin will have their hands full this week with Xenia . Xenia offensive line will be a y’all task for the wildcats and Xenia passes the ball and well with a big quarterback , probably the biggest quarterback you’ll see all year . I think Franklin goes 9-1 or 10-0 if they win this game . Xenia is more disciplined and coach then last years and returns enough from last years squad to be tough.
I predict

Xenia 21
Franklin 10

Bellbrook will roll big again this week against Tecumseh, I wish they were still the program they were 8 years ago , bb would benefit from dropping them .
Waynesville week for could be fun for a half but I think bellbrook pulls away in 2nd half .

Week 5 against franklin will be the biggest test to date and week 6 against valley view will be tough as well those 2 weeks will decide our playoff fate.

I’m telling you Xenia is going to give Franklin everything they can handle . Xenia lost by 1 to a decent D1 bevercreek team who will win 4-5 games this year in a tough D1 conference , Xenia beat Eaton by 21 and played very bad and Lethargic in the 1st half , once they settled in size and talent took over . If franklin struggles to put away Edgewood this will be a tall task . I’m not saying they can’t bway Xenia in fact I think it’s very possible I’m just predicting a Xenia win and by 10+
You heard it here first .
I’ve seen them up close and personal in offseason

I don’t know why your upset with bellbrook end Franklin ? Bellbrook was irrelevant until Jenkins came in 4 years ago and we are the teams that carry the banner for the league when we take in alters and gwoc teams

VV - 42
Madison - 6
VV defense completely shut down Madison all day.
Only points Madison got was from a jump ball TD that VV should have picked.

Brookville over Dixie
Northridge is losing to Troy Christian
Preble Shawnee over W Carrollton
Waynesville over Blanchester
Oakwood over Carlisle

Still worried about Madison and even Northridge who has a few Wayne transfers.
TC had Northridge beat. But, the bears have a few fast shifty running backs. They win with a TD in the final 30 seconds. Good showing by TC.

Northridge is better but still just average. Line is average. Special teams dumpster fire.

BB you were right. Hats off my friend. Franklin is a very good win for the Buccs.
Whos the team on the SW side to beat? VV, BB, Franklin?
Going out on a limb...
SW side projection:
Franklin
Bellbrook
Valley View
Brookville
Oakwood
Monroe
Eaton

Buckeye side projection:
Milton-Union
Waynesville
Preble Shawnee
Northridge
Madison
Carlisle
Dixie

I think Madison will finish third, possibly second. Their two losses have come to two of the top teams on the Southwest side. Once they start playing Buckeye teams they should be fine.

I see the Buckeye Division as Milton-Union to sweep.

If they stay injury free. Right now they need to shore some areas up but they are playing Bulldog Football. Gritty, intense and relentless.

I feel more confident about the direction of VV after watching last nights massacre. I was expecting Madison to put up some sort of fight but VV dominated the line of scrimmage and only highlight Madison had was a jump ball

I think it’s just a down year. They’ll be back. My opinion of Northridge has changed due to that game last night. I fully expected them to kill TC. Shawnee might be quietly putting together a good season.
A lotof football left to play.