Now we cross our fingers
Alderbeat London I know that..

In 4 seasons at bellbrook coach Jenkins has done the following

7-3
7-3
10-0
8-2

Coaching is everything
Congrats to the eagles on a solid season with a younger group of boys , a lot to look forward to next year regardless of playoffs or not .

Good luck to ALL swbl teams in playoffs , I know you’ll all represent well .

SouthwestOhioGuy17

MADISON-WAYNESVILLE COVERAGE

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's story and photo gallery from the Madison-Waynesville SWBL championship clash in Waynesville

BlessEmAll

back in my day, early 80s, we had the same issue in the SWBL.
Finished 9-1, beat Bellbrook, and they went to the playoffs in Div 4 and we stayed home in Div 3.
MU had seasons from 1975-1982 of: 8-2, 10-0, 10-0, 8-2, 9-1 and 10-0 and never made the playoffs in that time.
It burns. Bellbrook had another great season. Congrats

Southclaw

It was a good season for Bellbrook. Many considered it a rebuilding year after going 10-1 in 2018. They surpassed expectations and were within a play or two of being back in the playoffs. The senior leadership that Coach Jenkins demands is special. This senior class led a team that at one point started 7 Soph. and 1 Fr. The Golden Eagles have some special talent returning next season. I look for them to be in the mix once again next year.

Good luck to all SWBL playoff teams!!

Those 77 and 78 Milton teams would have had a chance to win or be runner up in the State playoffs if they had the expanded format of today's system. Brookville got runner up in the State in 76 and they were not any better than the Milton 77 and 78 teams.

BlessEmAll

Those 77 and 78 Milton teams would have had a chance to win or be runner up in the State playoffs if they had the expanded format of today's system. Brookville got runner up in the State in 76 and they were not any better than the Milton 77 and 78 teams.
They were class AA like us. Never understood it why we didn’t make it.

BlessEmAll

It would be nice to see MU win one more SWBL title before leaving the league. 18 is nice but 19 would be better.

BlessEmAll

Madison has a nice program now. When we joined the SWBL back in the early 2000s Madison was struggling. My fellow alum Dave Cripe was coach there for awhile in the 90s. Dave loved the Mohawks.

BucksFan937

Madison has a nice program now. When we joined the SWBL back in the early 2000s Madison was struggling. My fellow alum Dave Cripe was coach there for awhile in the 90s. Dave loved the Mohawks.
It'll be interesting to see how well Madison and Waynesville can keep up when the SWBL merges after next year. I know both teams will still be strong but they will be adding Bellbrook/Franklin/VV to their every year schedule. As well as Monroe who has been a thorn in the side for Madison over the years.

dograt

It'll be interesting to see how well Madison and Waynesville can keep up when the SWBL merges after next year. I know both teams will still be strong but they will be adding Bellbrook/Franklin/VV to their every year schedule. As well as Monroe who has been a thorn in the side for Madison over the years.
agreed, but at least they won't be at the bottom. Madison, Waynesviille, and Carlisle essentially jump to the big school division, but in reality aren't too different size wise from Valley View, Oakwood, Eaton, and Brookville. Franklin, Bellbrook and Monroe have a significant population difference though.

IRLMN1999

agreed, but at least they won't be at the bottom. Madison, Waynesviille, and Carlisle essentially jump to the big school division, but in reality aren't too different size wise from Valley View, Oakwood, Eaton, and Brookville. Franklin, Bellbrook and Monroe have a significant population difference though.
When you have the talent that Franklin, Valley View, Bellbrook, Waynesville, Madison and Brookville have it’s not crazy to think this could be one of the stronger leagues in Ohio D3/4 wise

dograt

When you have the talent that Franklin, Valley View, Bellbrook, Waynesville, Madison and Brookville have it’s not crazy to think this could be one of the stronger leagues in Ohio D3/4 wise
yeah, The SWBL can't be too unhappy with the changes, can they? They lose 3 teams that honestly have been towards the bottom many years (in football at least), plus Milton who has been pretty good for most of the last 15 years, but is the farthest drive for most of the league schools.

ex_dc_atc

SWBL Playoff Matchups are set:

#6 St. Mary's (8-2) @ #3 Franklin ((9-1)
#6 Roger Bacon (9-1) @ #3 Waynesville (9-1)
#7 Valley View (8-2) @ #2 Clinton Massie (9-1)
#8 Milton Union (8-2) @ #1 Wyoming (10-0)

We expected most of these playoff matchups, especially in DIV. Franklin and Waynesville both have games they can win, but neither is easy. Both Roger Bacon and St. Mary's will be quality football teams. Then VV and MU both have really difficult matchups. I'm hopeful that they can keep those games competitive, but not overly optimistic. Not a slight to either program, it's the just the quality of competition they'll be facing. In year's past, the SWBL has done really well in matchups vs. the CHL, but Wyoming has recently taken their program to a higher level.

ex_dc_atc

Agreed. The league as a whole has the potential to be a much stronger football league losing Dixie and Shawnee. I would have some concern though with travel times for a team like Waynesville. That drive to Eaton will be at least an hour, probably longer by bus. How long before that gets cumbersome?

BucksFan937

Agreed. The league as a whole has the potential to be a much stronger football league losing Dixie and Shawnee. I would have some concern though with travel times for a team like Waynesville. That drive to Eaton will be at least an hour, probably longer by bus. How long before that gets cumbersome?
I think the league will be very strong when it merges. Has anyone else heard the rumors of some additional teams being added to the SWBL? I have heard rumors of some changes that are pending voting. The additional teams would be Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda and a 4th team that I can't remember. This would push the league to the same setup it previously had with 2 divisions of 7 teams.

ex_dc_atc

I think the league will be very strong when it merges. Has anyone else heard the rumors of some additional teams being added to the SWBL? I have heard rumors of some changes that are pending voting. The additional teams would be Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda and a 4th team that I can't remember. This would push the league to the same setup it previously had with 2 divisions of 7 teams.
Interesting. I haven't heard that. Those would be some larger schools but could fit in with teams like Franklin. Several of the SWBL schools have played Talawanda in recent seasons too.

NewOldBlood

I could be wrong, but I think Madison's talent pool is starting to dry up based on what I've seen from some of the younger groups. I think they might take a major step back similar to Carlisle in the next couple of seasons. Waynesville is going to have to show they have the staying power. I don't think the new league setup will be great for any of the smaller schools in the league and will ultimately lead to the SWBL falling apart or some type of expansion similar to what they currently have. You don't see many leagues that stretch from DIII teams to DV teams. I personally don't think its going to work in the long term.

I could be wrong, but I think Madison's talent pool is starting to dry up based on what I've seen from some of the younger groups. I think they might take a major step back similar to Carlisle in the next couple of seasons. Waynesville is going to have to show they have the staying power. I don't think the new league setup will be great for any of the smaller schools in the league and will ultimately lead to the SWBL falling apart or some type of expansion similar to what they currently have. You don't see many leagues that stretch from DIII teams to DV teams. I personally don't think its going to work in the long term.
I agree, in football playing 9 league games is a disaster for playoff points. It's really going to hurt the bigger schools (Franklin, BB).

Exit 29

I think Franklin has a tough game against St Mary's. I know St Mary's isnt on the same level they were on in 2016, but I remember Franklin only forced 1 3rd down that entire game. Franklin will have to buckle their chinstraps for sure.

ex_dc_atc

I worry about this with several of the new leagues that are changing/forming. I'm just not sure of the staying power. Can you imagine when Eaton and Waynesville play each other in a sport? That's over an hour by car, can't imagine by bus.

shawshank

I worry about this with several of the new leagues that are changing/forming. I'm just not sure of the staying power. Can you imagine when Eaton and Waynesville play each other in a sport? That's over an hour by car, can't imagine by bus.
Did it in 2011!! Waynesville came out on top 31-19

BlessEmAll

Isn’t West Milton to Waynesville about the furthest? SWBL will always be around. It’s been A league since 1944. Ross, Talawanda and Edgewood will be nice fits. Maybe add Little Miami. Smaller schools will hold their own vs bigger schools. It’s not been a split conference that long. 2001? I never looked at Franklin and Bellbrook as too big.