Southwestern Buckeye League 2019 season thread

IMO, there is no way Waynesville beats Bellbrook.

I also think Northridge is over-hyped at this point. Milton Union will have little to no problem beating them (as long as they play to their potential).

Valley View is tough. They have some big guys upfront and their midline/Veer/Sweep series seems to work well with their quarterback willing to run. If he gets injured (always a fear with running QBs), I'm not sure their backup can handle their offense yet.

However with Franklin dropping to Xenia (I still can't believe that). I think both Valley View and Bellbrook are the front runners with Milton close behind.

The wildcard is Brookville - they lost to a very good Anna team. I think they could make a run. Their last three games are tough with Bellbrook, Franklin, and Valley View. I wish Milton played Brookville this year. I would love to see that game!
Franklin/Xenia game was a battle for both teams, I don't think X gets the respect that they should. They have several athletes that are big play-makers and a BIG running back that was tough to bring down. They will probably win the MVL . It would take an excellent,mistake free game from an SWBL team to be able to get a win against them.

Franklin/Xenia game was a battle for both teams, I don't think X gets the respect that they should. They have several athletes that are big play-makers and a BIG running back that was tough to bring down. They will probably win the MVL . It would take an excellent,mistake free game from an SWBL team to be able to get a win against them.

Didn't Eaton put 14 points on Xenia? I don't know, I guess I thought Franklin was a lot better than what they are. They have some serious size and good skill players.

Valley View, and Bellbrook would beat Xenia (even with some mistakes).

Last edited:
Didn't Eaton put 14 points on Xenia? I don't know, I guess I thought Franklin was a lot better than what they are. They have some serious size and good skill players.

Valley View, and Bellbrook would beat Xenia (even with some mistakes).
Eaton was up 14-6 at halftime. Eaton had four sacks and a couple fumble recoveries in the first half. Size took over in the second half and Eaton couldnt hang with them. Xenia OL averaged 6'4 260 with a couple D1 college commits.

My picks for Week 4:
(3-0) Northridge @ (3-0) Milton-Union
Milton 41-28
(2-1) Franklin @ (0-3) Monroe
Franklin 45-7
(2-1) Preble Shawnee @ (1-2) Madison
Madison 30-15
(3-0) Bellbrook @ (2-1) Waynesville
Bellbrook 21-7
(2-1) Dixie @ (0-3) Carlisle
Dixie 14-12
(0-3) Eaton @ (2-1) Brookville
Eaton 21-19
(1-2) Oakwood @ (3-0) Valley View
Valley View 32-18
Ohio State 62, Miami 10

My picks for Week 4:
Milton 41-28
Franklin 45-7
Madison 30-15
Bellbrook 21-7
Dixie 14-12
Eaton 21-19
Valley View 32-18
Ohio State 62, Miami 10

What scoop do you have that makes you think Eaton will beat Brookville? That would be a pretty big upset IMO. I have been wondering if Eaton is going to be able to win a game at all this year.

My picks for Week 4:
Milton 42-6
Franklin 49-14
Madison 28-12
Waynesville 21-17
Carlisle 7-3
Brookville 35-14
Valley View 45-18

Thoughts? I know everyone is counting Waynesville out but bellbrook has yet to see a good competition i think it will be a tough mathup.

The way Eaton played Xenia and then Xenia goes out and whips Franklin. Talawanda did blow out Eaton. Just have a feeling. Brookville is a good team but getting trashed by a good Anna team tells me maybe they have issues with physically bigger teams. Really it’s just a stab in the dark. Don’t take it too seriously.

I know Oakwood has athletes that can sneak up on you. But I really don’t think Oakwood scores 18 on VV. But watch as I say that I’ll jinx it. I think the score is similar to the way we beat Madison last week.

Oakwood is a good team. Speedy and athletic. If Valley View comes in and underestimates Oakwood they’ll get surprised.
#4 for Oakwood is a player. Period. Best athlete on the field for the Jacks.

Oakwood is a good team. Speedy and athletic. If Valley View comes in and underestimates Oakwood they’ll get surprised.
#4 for Oakwood is a player. Period. Best athlete on the field for the Jacks.
21-0 still 1st Quarter. VV has almost 150 yards passing so far

Poor play calling at the end of the half for the Bulldogs. Had a minute left and all 3 time outs and tried to pass first and second down then pretty much let the clock run out. Up 14-8 at half