SouthWest Ohio Tourney Talk

2nd Round begins Saturday. For some its the first game, for others their second.

D1:
Should be lots of blowouts still. But the games that are intriguing are #9 Mason and #13 Lebanon / #4 Loveland vs #15 Ross / #8 Anderson vs #12 Turpin / #10 Lakota East vs #14 Lakota West.

D2:
#2 Taylor vs #5 Mercy McAuley

2nd Round begins Saturday. For some its the first game, for others their second.

D1:
Should be lots of blowouts still. But the games that are intriguing are #9 Mason and #13 Lebanon / #4 Loveland vs #15 Ross / #8 Anderson vs #12 Turpin / #10 Lakota East vs #14 Lakota West.

D2:
#2 Taylor vs #5 Mercy McAuley
I would sure love to see Ross pull out the win! Perfect storm of events has led for some interesting results. HUGE pay-to-play (more than $800 per athlete), last year in SWOC, first year as Division 1, undefeated. GO ROSSRAMS!!!

At #15, Ross is definitely underrated. I don't think there are 14 other teams that would have gone undefeated, even with a somewhat softer schedule. And I think it's not a bad draw for them. Loveland is capable of beating any team in the state. But they are also susceptible to some headscratching outcomes. I actually like Ross's chances of keeping this one close and possibly pulling off an upset!

At #15, Ross is definitely underrated. I don't think there are 14 other teams that would have gone undefeated, even with a somewhat softer schedule. And I think it's not a bad draw for them. Loveland is capable of beating any team in the state. But they are also susceptible to some headscratching outcomes. I actually like Ross's chances of keeping this one close and possibly pulling off an upset!
I too was surprised at Ross seed. Yes it was a soft schedule but undefeated in SW Ohio is tough. They are a super small D1 school so wins and draws against D2 top ranked teams should have played better than #15. BUT.....Play Loveland now, or play Loveland (or Mason, or Oak Hills or Seton or...) later you still have to win those games so game 2 or game 3 or 4 what does it matter.

Looking forward to the games tonight. most are still laydowns but the Turpin/Anderson game in a lose and go home situation will have my full attention. I wonder of the for sale sign is up in front of Anderson High yet.....I'll let you all know.

District Semi Finals:

Thoughts? Predictions? Best games?

D1
#6 St. Ursula vs #5 Oak Hills
#3 Seton vs #9 Mason
#1 Milford vs #7 West Clermont
#4 Loveland vs #12 Turpin
#2 Mount Notre Dame vs #10 Lakota East
#1 Centerville vs #8 Butler
#2 Springboro vs #6 Northmont
#4 Beavercreek vs #3 Miamisburg

D2
#1 Summit Country Day vs #4 Indian Hill
#5 Mercy McAuley vs #8 McNicholas
#1 Waynesville vs #3 Oakwood
#2 Monroe vs #5 Clinton Massie

D3
#3 Mariemont vs #4 Reading
#1 Cincinnati Country Day vs #7 Deer Park
#2 Madeira vs #5 Williamsburg

#6 St. Ursula vs #5 Oak Hills 4-1
#3 Seton vs #9 Mason 1-2
#1 Milford vs #7 West Clermont 1-3
#4 Loveland vs #12 Turpin 0-2
#2 Mount Notre Dame vs #10 Lakota East 5-0
#1 Centerville vs #8 Butler 6-0
#2 Springboro vs #6 Northmont 2-1
#4 Beavercreek vs #3 Miamisburg 1-3

No idea on D2 or D3

#6 St. Ursula vs #5 Oak Hills 4-1
#3 Seton vs #9 Mason 1-2
#1 Milford vs #7 West Clermont 1-3
#4 Loveland vs #12 Turpin 0-2
#2 Mount Notre Dame vs #10 Lakota East 5-0
#1 Centerville vs #8 Butler 6-0
#2 Springboro vs #6 Northmont 2-1
#4 Beavercreek vs #3 Miamisburg 1-3

No idea.. fify 🤣

You have Turpin beating Loveland and Milford and oak hills getting throttled ?

While some may think this is far fetched. There is a couple things to note...
- If Manning cant play and there are any other issues for Milford they may be in trouble. WC can beat Milford. WC lost to a full strength Milford 1-0. WC is very fast and physical. They have to large CB's and I know one is an OE ECNL player and 4 year starter. Not sure of the other girl. WC beat Loveland this year. WC is good.
-SUA vs Oak Hills. It depends which Oak Hills and which SUA shows up on who wins.
- Loveland vs Turpin Turpin only loss 2-1 to them in the regular season. Turpin has been playing very tough recently
- Mason Vs Seton is a pick em game. Both teams are good and both could beat each other at any point.

This is a very fun slate of games

Here is my take on the games...

#6 St. Ursula vs #5 Oak Hills = Oak Hills 2-1
- Is OH at full health? Eager to see how SUA handles the speed and athleticism of the forwards for OH. They didn't handle MND or Seton's well. Will OH clamp down on Wampler their playmaker? Could be lots of goals in this one.
#3 Seton vs #9 Mason = Seton 2-1
- Will Seton's funky defensive style in the back finally haunt them? Not sure it will here.
#1 Milford vs #7 West Clermont = Milford 1-0
- Injuries or not, Milford has to much talent and depth, but WC keeps it close again.
#4 Loveland vs #12 Turpin = Loveland 1-0
- Loveland's style prevails against a Turpin squad who struggles to score.
#2 Mount Notre Dame vs #10 Lakota East = MND 2-1
- East will give MND all they can handle, but MND has the experience and depth to prevail.
#1 Centerville vs #8 Butler= Centerville 4-0
- Centerville cruises.
#2 Springboro vs #6 Northmont = Springboro 1-0
- Northmont plays a good defensive game, Springboro finds 1 and that will be enough.
#4 Beavercreek vs #3 Miamisburg = Miamisburg 2-1
- This one will be fun! Miamisburg with its high powered offense with their 2 forwards. Got to give the slight edge to Miamisburg.

D2
#1 Summit Country Day vs #4 Indian Hill = Summit 2-0.
- Summit has to much here for IH.
#5 Mercy McAuley vs #8 McNicholas = Mercy McAuley 3-1
- Great win by Mcnick, but Mercy McAuley and their strength of schedule prevails here.
#1 Waynesville vs #3 Oakwood = Waynesville 3-0
- Erbach is Erbach.. She gets 2-3 goals here. Waynesville cruises.
#2 Monroe vs #5 Clinton Massie = Monroe 4-1.
- Monroe defeats a not great defensive Clinton Massie team.

D3
#3 Mariemont vs #4 Reading = Mariemont 2-1
- The experience of Mariemont gets them the win here.
#1 Cincinnati Country Day vs #7 Deer Park = CCD 6-0
- CCD cruises against a inferior opponent.
#2 Madeira vs #5 Williamsburg = Madeira 4-0
- Same with this game, Madeira advances with ease.