Southwest District/State Predictions

I doubt the freshman that are coming in next year will make a impact

I think austin theobald will make a big "splash" next season!! my contacts in the CY team are telling me he is working very hard and i wouldnt be surprised if we have a nother kevin george on the team. definitely a state qualifier for sure and a great catch for the aquasaders!!!!

Another Kevin George.. There is only one Kevin George. Kevin is a freak of nature, he exist only as himself, there will never be another Kevin George. Anyone claiming to be like Kevin is a fool and should think about what they say before they say it. Kevin will break David Moskos 500 free record.. I am offended by your post moeswinsbest

Another Kevin George.. There is only one Kevin George. Kevin is a freak of nature, he exist only as himself, there will never be another Kevin George. Anyone claiming to be like Kevin is a fool and should think about what they say before they say it. Kevin will break David Moskos 500 free record.. I am offended by your post moeswinsbest

I will not deny that kevan is a singularly gifted athlete with a very good work ethic, a supporting family, and a strong preference for choice steak. as i have stated before, he is very talented, but hard work, a good diet, and supllements have put him in the position he is in the go a 4:20 in his 500. i believe that young austin posseses the same qualities, and while not be able to be on the same level as kevin, he will definitely be a strong swimmer for the aquasaders :banana:

Based on this year's times for swimmers who will return next year, Moeller will make history in the SW District Meet in 2014 by finishing second to X in the meet. Although in recent years Moeller has been a perennial top 5 team - they have never finished higher than 3rd.

According to speculation Cooper Hodge will be attending Moeller next year as well as rumors of another state qualifier transferring to Moeller next year pending eligibility. If you put those two factors in to the equation then I think Moeller will top St. Xavier, not only at districts but at state too!

According to speculation Cooper Hodge will be attending Moeller next year as well as rumors of another state qualifier transferring to Moeller next year pending eligibility. If you put those two factors in to the equation then I think Moeller will top St. Xavier, not only at districts but at state too!

I agree that with those two additions along with everyone Moeller has coming back, that they will be a force, but I still doubt they beat X. Plus, I am not sure how a transfer student would be able to compete without sitting out a year. I am no expert on OHSAA rules, but I doubt this works out for Moe, unless they can pull off some typical GCL funny business. Can anyone explain the rules? Someone other than MoeSwimsBest...

Also, Cooper is already back in Cincy. He swam for CAC at the Sectional meet in Cleveland last weekend. So it looks like Moe will be getting him back...

As now written the transfer rule is about as clear as mud. It states that unless an exception applies a student is ineligible for 1 year after the transfer. At present 10 exceptions exist. Any exception must be approved by the OHSAA Commissioner's office. Briefly the exceptions are:
1. Both parents make legitimate move into district.
2. Legal change of custody (so long as change of custody not athletically motivated).
3. School closes.
4. Residence is redistricted into new district.
5. Free pass back to public district from private (started in public & transferred to private).
6. Free pass back to private from public (started in private & transferred to public).
7. Student is self supporting.
8. Transfer to State Deaf or Blind School.
9. Changing residence that is not available yet (under construction or awaiting closing).
10. School drops sport.
11. Returning from an exchange program.

The Commissioner's office must determine if the exception applies and if they make the subjective finding that the transfer is athletically motivated (which under certain exceptions the typically are) then the exception will not apply.

Up for approval by the principals this spring is a major revamping of the transfer rule. It does simplify the rule somewhat because it eliminates some of the exceptions. In essence the revised rule will change the period of ineligibility from 1 year to 50% of the particular sport's season (i.e. half the swimming season or football season as the case may be). So students transferring in would be eligible to participate in the second half of that sport's season, notably in that sport's year end tournament. The new rule would also eliminate certain of the existing exceptions. Specifically the OHSAA has stated in its explanation of the change the following:

"1. This revision represents a concept which was proposed a year ago and then discarded as the OHSAA desired to proceed with year two of the discretionary provisions within exceptions one and two.
2. The fifty percent rule does a number of different things. It lowers the incentive to “cheat” as one does not lose the entire year of athletic eligibility. It helps to make the transfer student part of the new student body thus dulling the impact this student, walking the halls without the ability to participate, has on school administrators. Perhaps most importantly from the legal perspective, it certainly lessens the “irreparable harm” argument in court: how can one claim that missing the first 10 regular season basketball games will
cause irreparable harm when the second half of the season still exists plus tournament?
3. Note that the exceptions 3 (school closing), and 4 (annexation), have been incorporated into one exception 3.
4. Renumbered exceptions 4, 5 and 6 remain as they are codified within the ORC.
5. Note that the concept of unruliness has been added to exception 2 – parent to non-parent change of custody.
6. Adding the statement in new exception 6 that the domicile is currently under construction would make it clear that this is the only instance in which a transfer can be approved under that exception.
7. Eliminating current exceptions 5 (free pass back to home school), 6 (free pass back to non-public school), 10 (free pass when school district drops a sport) and 11 (return from a domestic exchange program) is proposed due to the reduction in the period of ineligibility."

my sources have been telling me that cooper might be considering switching to indian hills high shcxoll. he is indeed back in cincinnati, and me and his mother had a wonderful chat over some coffee. whether he swims for the moeller aquasaders or indian hill, i wish that young soul nothing but the best!!
on another note, yes, a possible state champion just might be swithching over to become a man of moeller. i wont reveal anything yet, but it is definitely a juicy prospect for the swim team; and yes, he would be eligible ;)

I agree this young man would be a force, and yes maybe a possible state title contender. However, from what I've heard he is not yet eligible and would be a senior next year. If that 50% chance rule is applied then the only important meet he will not be able attend would be big 8 and if he becomes eligible then Moeller will be a force and contend with St. Xavier.

my sources have been telling me that cooper might be considering switching to indian hills high shcxoll. he is indeed back in cincinnati, and me and his mother had a wonderful chat over some coffee. whether he swims for the moeller aquasaders or indian hill, i wish that young soul nothing but the best!!
on another note, yes, a possible state champion just might be swithching over to become a man of moeller. i wont reveal anything yet, but it is definitely a juicy prospect for the swim team; and yes, he would be eligible ;)

Your sources are wrong... he is starting back at Moeller after spring break. As for the transfer, I would be surprised if it works out for Moe. Even without the transfer (who should remain nameless), Moe very well might be the front runner for 2nd at the state meet.

it certainly lessens the “irreparable harm” argument in court: how can one claim that missing the first 10 regular season basketball games will cause irreparable harm when the second half of the season still exists plus tournament?

Here's the reason for the proposed rule change. The OHSAA is tired of getting beat up in court when it declares a student ineligible for an entire year because of a transfer to a new school. By allowing students to play in the year of transfer the assumption is that courts will be less likely to overturn the OHSAA's eligibility rulings on transfers. On the other hand, lessening the penalty may encourage those inclined to recruit to do so as the consequence (losing half a season) will not be an adequate deterrent to the recruiter or the recruited.

After careful consideration, ryan held will be switiching and to become a man of meoller! he spoke with moeller's beloved brother ron and dick beerman, he would b e eligible to swim for state. ryan goes 1:37 in the 200, sub 20 in the 50, and a 43.9 in the 100, along with a strong 18 minute mile! ryan would truly be what the aquasaders need to have to push them over the edge to becoming state champions. with him, kevin gorge, and the nymberg twins holding down the swims on moeller relays and individual events, i have beyond a shadow of a doubt that moeller will ABOLISH st. x in the state meet!!! i truly believe that the golden age of moeller swimming is upon us gentleman, and i am excited for the ride!! its like the saying goes, when in rome, don't throw stones!!!!!!! GO MOELLER!!!!!!!!:party:

After careful consideration, ryan held will be switiching and to become a man of meoller! he spoke with moeller's beloved brother ron and dick beerman, he would b e eligible to swim for state. ryan goes 1:37 in the 200, sub 20 in the 50, and a 43.9 in the 100, along with a strong 18 minute mile! ryan would truly be what the aquasaders need to have to push them over the edge to becoming state champions. with him, kevin gorge, and the nymberg twins holding down the swims on moeller relays and individual events, i have beyond a shadow of a doubt that moeller will ABOLISH st. x in the state meet!!! i truly believe that the golden age of moeller swimming is upon us gentleman, and i am excited for the ride!! its like the saying goes, when in rome, don't throw stones!!!!!!! GO MOELLER!!!!!!!!:party:

LMAO...

Where are the good swimmers you mention???:shrug: :shrug:

The names I see you mention are marginal to sub-marginal talents.

Maybe enough to win a dual vs the Aves, but that's about it...

With the lack of facilities, and talent, MOE will be looking up at the 10th place team come February.

LMAO...

Where are the good swimmers you mention???:shrug: :shrug:

The names I see you mention are marginal to sub-marginal talents.

Maybe enough to win a dual vs the Aves, but that's about it...

With the lack of facilities, and talent, MOE will be looking up at the 10th place team come February.

Ryan Held is a YMCA National Champion and record holder in the 50, he is NOT a marginal talent... he also isn't going to Moeller. He lives in Springfeild, Illinois.

Unfortunately the potential transfer is not Ryan Held, however the real potential transfer had a pretty solid meet. Times that would place him top 8 in the 200 and consoles in the 50 and 100.. At this point I doubt this works out for moeller and they will have to work with their current team plus cooper

Unfortunately the potential transfer is not Ryan Held, however the real potential transfer had a pretty solid meet. Times that would place him top 8 in the 200 and consoles in the 50 and 100.. At this point I doubt this works out for moeller and they will have to work with their current team plus cooper

Not looking good, huh? I'm sure Moe will come up with some loophole allowing a talented transfer. He did have a good meet in Greensboro, and I'm actually rooting for him to be allowed at Moe... its about time someone in Cincy gave St X a run for their money.

The only hope in him coming is if the 50% rule goes into effect. Then the transfer would be able to swim during the last part of the season. Another issue lies with the fact that Moeller usually does not admit seniors into Moeller. Being said that there have been acceptances to that and maybe they will accept an athlete that could potentially have a powerful impact for Moeller

The only hope in him coming is if the 50% rule goes into effect. Then the transfer would be able to swim during the last part of the season. Another issue lies with the fact that Moeller usually does not admit seniors into Moeller. Being said that there have been acceptances to that and maybe they will accept an athlete that could potentially have a powerful impact for Moeller

The 50% rule would be huge, he would eligible for the Moeller Invite at UC as well as the SW Classic. I wonder, and maybe you know, if he has been in contact with the Moeller and how those conversations have gone. Has he talked to Coach Whatley? Has he talked with Bro. Ron?

I know he's talked with Coach Whately, and the conversation disgusted the issues and what the next step were. I am not aware what has escalated since, but could find out relatively easily. Just imagine the relays Moeller could put together. Noah w back, cooper h breast, Greg n, and then a potential 20.mid freestyler and then in the 400 free George, Hodge, Nymberg, potential 45 (or faster) anchor. I really hope this works out.

I know he's talked with Coach Whately, and the conversation disgusted the issues and what the next step were. I am not aware what has escalated since, but could find out relatively easily. Just imagine the relays Moeller could put together. Noah w back, cooper h breast, Greg n, and then a potential 20.mid freestyler and then in the 400 free George, Hodge, Nymberg, potential 45 (or faster) anchor. I really hope this works out.

I am PSYCHED to see the potentioanlal that moeller men will have next year!!! truly going to be the best season has ever had, if what my sources say will come to fruition true. i have been speaking with my good friend jim brower, coach of st xavier jesuit, and he says that he will be inititaiting a new practice regimen to combat the aquasader onslaught that will be coming next year!!! i have also been speaking with bill and coach matt harrison,m and they have a few tricks up their sleeve to make moeller on top next year, and none of them involve doping or recruiting before anyone tries to defame my precious aquasaders!!!

Not correct.
The talent at Moeller is lacking.
They may have the occasional surge of low times in various meets, but, the program is unable to sustain any real advancement (ie--STX).
I attribute this to many factors.
First, I don't think, quite frankly, that the kids are particularly strong swimmers.
Second, i do not believe they train as hard as they can. I believe there is some loafing, per se.
Third, I think the overall attitude could be a part of the problem.

I just read through this thread and i don't understand where you're coming from when you say lack of talent. If anything, I'd say Moeller has more talent than any team in the state right now between Nymberg, George, and Hodge. Moeller undoubtedly lacks depth but to say they lack talent is a bit ridiculous.

No doubt that Moeller has terrific top end talent. Not certain they have the depth to beat X at the state or district, but at this point project them as runner up in both meets. Also, as happened several years back, their talented enough to force X to swim its top talent in the league meet.

I completely agree- X always manages to reload, but their 4x100 free relay and their 20 Medley relay i think could be in serious trouble b/c they had seniors in all four spots. anyone have ideas on how they're planning on recovering from that? i believe the race in the 200 Medley is between St. I, St. Francis, and Hudson. I think the 4x100 free relay will come down to St. I, St. Francis, and Moeller but i don't really have any ideas as to who is the best of those three.... any ideas?

I completely agree- X always manages to reload, but their 4x100 free relay and their 20 Medley relay i think could be in serious trouble b/c they had seniors in all four spots. anyone have ideas on how they're planning on recovering from that? i believe the race in the 200 Medley is between St. I, St. Francis, and Hudson. I think the 4x100 free relay will come down to St. I, St. Francis, and Moeller but i don't really have any ideas as to who is the best of those three.... any ideas?

Grant house and some other talented freshman will have to step up big. X also is returning Mitchel Frey, Kevin Mosko, Matt Slabe, and grant Carr. Grant Carr, I believe, anchored the medley at the state finals last year. X will have a strong 400 free with House, Frey, Carr, and Slabe, but in the end I think Big Moe will win the 400 free with Nymberg, Hodge, George, and Tory Worobetz. All of those swimmers have been 47's in year's past on relays and Nymberg has been a 45

Grant house and some other talented freshman will have to step up big. X also is returning Mitchel Frey, Kevin Mosko, Matt Slabe, and grant Carr. Grant Carr, I believe, anchored the medley at the state finals last year. X will have a strong 400 free with House, Frey, Carr, and Slabe, but in the end I think Big Moe will win the 400 free with Nymberg, Hodge, George, and Tory Worobetz. All of those swimmers have been 47's in year's past on relays and Nymberg has been a 45

Can someone give an update as to what St. I has for their relays. Two return from last year, but was wondering about who they have to replace those two fast seniors. Also, can someone do the same regarding Hudson. All know about Palazzo, but who else do they have? Thanks.