Southington Chalker - Bringing back football

solidgold

According to a report filed by WFMJ Southington Chalker who did not field a football team last year, due to lack of numbers, intends to try to bring back its program by fielding a junior varsity and freshman team this coming season.
Curious to know what everyone thinks and if this can be a successful method?
Also curious what they will do with any seniors next season?

According to a report filed by WFMJ Southington Chalker who did not field a football team last year, due to lack of numbers, intends to try to bring back its program by fielding a junior varsity and freshman team this coming season.

If the kids love football they need to get out of town. Know when to say when.

Sounds like a program that needs to play 8 man.
They would have struggled with numbers for 8 man also. Close up shop so the kids that want to play can go somewhere else instead of canceling at the last minute and the kids get screwed again

Every situation has more context to it than the surface, but I think the advantage is that you can keep the kids you do have out interested and competing to win during the season. A young team with very low numbers to begin with getting clobbered every friday night and not finishing the season, is a disaster for a program. It'll deter kids even more from playing the next year. My 2 cents. There's no rule that says seniors can't play in a JV game from what I understand.

Does Southington still have a high pay to play? Several years ago a coworker said it 400 bucks a pop