South range coach Dan Yeagley retires

4 returning seniors for Armeni and lude got 18 seniors. If 5-6 is a winning standard for you why isn’t he back as head coach?

4 returning seniors for Armeni and lude got 18 seniors. If 5-6 is a winning standard for you why isn’t he back as head coach?

I never said it was the winning standard but it was certainly better than what we saw last season. I see no reason to bash one to try to build up the other. We all saw the 3 wins vs sub par competition which was the fewest at WR since 2005

I never said it was the winning standard but it was certainly better than what we saw last season. I see no reason to bash one to try to build up the other. We all saw the 3 wins vs sub par competition which was the fewest at WR since 2005
How do you go from having 56 man roster to a 24 man roster in a year. Seems like tradition was brought down more than built up. Again Armeni inherited a mess instead of a lude getting a decade of winning talent from a left over Hake Regime.

How do you go from having 56 man roster to a 24 man roster in a year. Seems like tradition was brought down more than built up. Again Armeni inherited a mess instead of a lude getting a decade of winning talent from a left over Hake Regime.

Lude took a far less talented team into Labrae and beat them with Armeni in charge. Reserve lost to Jackson Milton, Waterloo and Conneaut last season among others. Please spare us all of how great 1 is and how poor the other is. Again, another thread another day.

Lude took a far less talented team into Labrae and beat them with Armeni in charge. Reserve lost to Jackson Milton, Waterloo and Conneaut last season among others. Please spare us all of how great 1 is and how poor the other is. Again, another thread another day.
Your are right that this is a thread for another day and that there is no comparison between Armeni and Lude. One has had success and the other not so much. Doesn’t take a genius to research that several LaBrae kids didn’t play in that Covid season 2020 game after LaBrae lost in the regionals 21-16. Don’t know much about WR last season but the three games you referenced were decided by a combined 7 points. Given the choice, I’d take the coach with proven track record of success but with that being said, most jobs in that conference are difficult outside Springfield.

Your are right that this is a thread for another day and that there is no comparison between Armeni and Lude. One has had success and the other not so much. Doesn’t take a genius to research that several LaBrae kids didn’t play in that Covid season 2020 game after LaBrae lost in the regionals 21-16. Don’t know much about WR last season but the three games you referenced were decided by a combined 7 points. Given the choice, I’d take the coach with proven track record of success but with that being said, most jobs in that conference are difficult outside Springfield.

I see 1 guy with 11 wins and the other with 3 wins at Reserve. Previous success is nice but as you point out, its a difficult job when you dont have D1 athletes like he had at Labrae. 7pts total in those losses so the games were close & the players of similar ability then wouldn't coaching be the deciding factor? WR beat those teams 60-8 the year before. What they will be remains to be seen. I just hope they can finally get back to their winning ways.

Is there a timeline as to when they’ll hire a new coach? I know most schools it’s better earlier than later, but I think it doesn’t matter in this case because most will stay the same and it’ll be an in house coach. That’s what most coaches I’ve talked to expect to happen with SR

I hope it's Rach, he deserves the opportunity and is a bright young mind that will only hopefully duplicate the success and loyalty Yeagley had.

Not sure where my prior posts went, apparently I struck a nerve with some but I'm excited to see what Rach can do as a HC.

Interesting perspective. Didn't know such obscure information was readily available about the 2020 game. Maybe you have some inside information. Ironically, I am suprised you know so little about WR. Seems you should know more.

Good for Dan He is a HOFer in every capacity. The program is in great shape.

A little surprised that a decision hasn't been made yet, but it may be due to the administration being very careful in naming a new head coach while not alienating anyone else on staff, especially when there are a few very good candidates. If it is Rach, he cited a family health issue for leaving the WR position. So, he may want to take some time to think about taking on the responsibilities and time involved in being the head guy.

Same here. I would think a lot of people would look at the South Range position as a great opportunity. They probably have a lot of coaches applying for the position. I would love to see that list too!

This the outcome everyone(that I know) wanted.
I think that means all the coaches will stay on also. It's a great staff obviously.
I wonder if David will still run the defense.

He is going to crush it. Western Reserve had Dave Rach and Damon Buente about to be on the same staff. They were both ran out of town for not being good enough to lead WR. Both took jobs at two of the best football jobs in the area on the same day. As a WR fan, that kind of sucks. We have a really good one in Coach Armeni, he really did bail us out

This the outcome everyone(that I know) wanted.
I think that means all the coaches will stay on also. It's a great staff obviously.
I wonder if David will still run the defense.
That's a good question. When he took over as the defensive coordinator back in 2014, I think it was, they showed tremendous improvement within the next game. He certainly knows what he is doing on the defensive side. But trying to be both might be a bit of a challenge.

Good article on new head football coach David Rach. He has a good perspective on the whole situation.

I think he will have a stronghold on the defense, Dan was great because he let his assistants coach. I don’t see a drop at all other then losing all the stud seniors they had