Sources: Power 5 talking about no fall football

I'll be darned--who would've thunk it--all of us "ignorant" folks I guess---bkmk1, Tom 48, Glat, Psycho Dad, The Dock, Sykotyk, etc...

This is what you “ignorant folks” fail to see. But keep pounding your chest like a giant gorilla against kids......

Hard to argue against having major college football with stringent protocols on top of having nearly every waking minute of players' daily schedules accounted for, while at the same time being for bringing tens of thousands of students back to campus for in-person instruction and residential living.

Alumni and fanbases will go batchit if some conferences cancel while others play. In football hotbeds, this could have a dire near future impact on fundraising.

The wrong story is being chased re: college football canceling.

The virus has an impact but it’s not the primary driver anymore. It’s players organizing their labor and posing a threat to the bottom line.

Saw that tweet too, can't remember who it was from though. I'll be excited to watch the stories come out on that subject.

Regarding players seeming to be pushing towards some type of union setup, I think it's becoming a pretty spicy storyline that Dabo's superstar QB seems to be gravitating towards the epicenter of it all.

The wrong story is being chased re: college football canceling.

The virus has an impact but it’s not the primary driver anymore. It’s players organizing their labor and posing a threat to the bottom line.
No, the players want to play. It was a the top trending topic on twitter. They’re eventually getting paid with the image & licensing law, only a few idiots in the Pac 12 wanted the revenue split immediately.

Regarding players seeming to be pushing towards some type of union setup, I think it's becoming a pretty spicy storyline that Dabo's superstar QB seems to be gravitating towards the epicenter of it all.
Northwestern attempted that like 5 yrs ago. They don’t need to unionize, but I do believe players should be 100% confident in the safety protocol before playing. And it seems like the majority believe it’s safer to be on campus with access to these medical professionals than being at home

It was awesome seeing the players basically give the middle finger to the majority of CF media. For months, these diks have wanted the season cancelled using the players as shields. Now they’re standing up and saying, they want to play.

It was awesome seeing the players basically give the middle finger to the majority of CF media. For months, these diks have wanted the season cancelled using the players as shields. Now they’re standing up and saying, they want to play.

A couple national columnist in particular have been using their media platform as a bullhorn for cancelling the season, in particular look at what Stewart Mandel of the Athletic and Pat Forde of SI have been writing all summer long. Of note, Pat Forde's daughter is a swimmer at Stanford and he has been very vocal about 2nd tier sports having a say in what happens during this decision making process on moving forward with fall sports (basically football). I will say that some of the journalists from more invested media Company's (ESPN & FOX) have gone the other way, Joel Klaat from Fox has called these guys to task and even has a 10 minute youtube video outlining his case>

A couple national columnist in particular have been using their media platform as a bullhorn for cancelling the season, in particular look at what Stewart Mandel of the Athletic and Pat Forde of SI have been writing all summer long. Of note, Pat Forde's daughter is a swimmer at Stanford and he has been very vocal about 2nd tier sports having a say in what happens during this decision making process on moving forward with fall sports (basically football). I will say that some of the journalists from more invested media Company's (ESPN & FOX) have gone the other way, Joel Klaat from Fox has called these guys to task and even has a 10 minute youtube video outlining his case>

Forde wrote an article just a few weeks ago, saying a cancelled season would be all Trump’s fault. How can we as readers trust your motivation when you do voluntarily wedge your political beliefs into the narrative? And that’s the problem, all of these dbags care more about their politics than football, so we have no reason to trust they actually care about the facts.

Great! maybe Cincinnati [or some other AAC team] can sneak into the College football playoffs and get some of the $$$$$$$$$$ Thanks Big Ten!

This is what you “ignorant folks” fail to see. But keep pounding your chest like a giant gorilla against kids......

Glad to see you are OK with the NCAA players having an "association" (union) to protect their safety and eligibility and even to opt out--sounds very much like what the NFLPA has for their paid players and also what teacher associations are advocating for a safe return to school---no doubt there is great strength in numbers--I 100% agree with this action!!!!

People still take Pat Forde seriously. Guy is a dbag

When SI went with their youth movement it was interesting that Forde was brought in, he must have come on the cheap.

If you really want to see a piece of work at SI check out MLB writer Stephanie Apstein, she is the classic journalist that likes to put herself in the middle of the story. She is also in Scott Boras' pocket publishing glowing articles about his players and even the d-bag himself. But check out her stories on MLB this year, see a pattern?:

Rob Manfred Blames Players, But MLB's Troubles Are His Fault
MLB Must Choose: A Legitimate Season, or a Safe One
Pandemic Baseball Is Here. Is This What You Want?
With Coronavirus Surging, MLB's Return Plan Doesn't Matter
MLB Is Crumbling. Blame the Owners

For the best

yeah, cancel everything for a virus that has less of an impact on athletes 18-22 than the flu. I guess athlete’s voices only matter when they’re vocal about supporting your political opinions. The minute they have an opinion that strays from the Left Wing narrative, they’re just “dumb kids.”

Funny how ‘facts’ are in quotes, even though they’re actual facts pertaining to Michigan Football. This is the bs bias that people have pointed out. And anytime you see talk of cancelling the season, it’s inevitably followed by “blame Trump.” This overt politicization is why the media and the few left wing football fans there are, can’t be trusted.