Oakwood Players

The Oakwood Lumberjacks have several impressive sophomores playing varsity:

Connor Charbat - Centerfield
Ian Munn - Catcher
Colin Morris - Outfield
Troy Philo - Pitcher/First
Hank Beashore - Pitcher/Second

Oakwood on Saturday

Oakwood Sophomore Pitcher Troy Philo threw a 2-hit complete game for the 14-1 win over Division I Dayton Carroll on Saturday. Sophomore Catcher Ian Munn had another home run in the game.:eek:

Bellbrook Plays at Oakwood tonight. I think I will check this one out and report back tomorrow on these Soph's.

:confused:
Oakwood Sophomore Pitcher Troy Philo threw a 2-hit complete game for the 14-1 win over Division I Dayton Carroll on Saturday. Sophomore Catcher Ian Munn had another home run in the game.:eek:

not to burst your bubble but Carrol is D2. with your baseball expertise I expect better from you

The Oakwood Lumberjacks have several impressive sophomores playing varsity:

Connor Charbat - Centerfield Good Player, would want him on my team. Pitched well then went to CF
Ian Munn - Catcher Didn't Play
Colin Morris - Outfield Didnt do anything to get my attention
Troy Philo - Pitcher/First Didnt Play
Hank Beashore - Pitcher/Second Didnt play

I went to the Bellbrook Oakwood game last night.

The best Sophs I saw at the game both played for Bellbrook. Jake Fryman their catcher is a beast. Homered and played a strong C in a 12 inning affair. The other kid is Christian Demko. Solid SS with Power. Homered to center. Both of these kids are really good. Bellbrooks future looks bright. My thoughts in a big division game, if you dont play, you aren't on the coaches radar. JMHO

Joey Stockelman is incredible, as of 5/5/09, 36 for 58 with 7 HRs and 36 RBIs, he is most definitely going to play D1 college ball in a few years

Shangri-la assesment correct

Shangri-la your assessment of the Oakwood game was accurate. Fryman and Demko did more for Bellbrook than Thacker did. They are excellent Sophomores. For Oakwood, Munn was given a break after catching a double-header Saturday and Philo was also resting his arm after pitching complete game on Saturday - both should be starting Wednesday or Thursday.

ya jones is a really good catcher Pete.

The Cincinnati Tribe will be strong this summer from players like
Tyler Seibel
Ryan Houser
Clay Cleaver
Logan Smyth
Nick Wood
and Jack Gustafson

Cincinnati Styx National will be good too

yeah they got a lot of good players..patrick lanning from indiana....i believe this was the midland tribe last year but i'm not sure ?

Last edited:
yeah they got a lot of good players..patrick lanning from indiana..matt wallisa from loveland..i believe this was the midland tribe last year but i'm not sure ?

What does this have to do about the SWBL (Southwestern Buckeye League)? I wish people could read. This thread isn't about someone from Indiana. I'm sure hes's good please go start your own thread.:wallbang: