Soccer divisions!

How so? How am I an idiot?

I just get tired of Carroll fans boo-hooing about how unfair life is. Lets see them compete with ONLY kids from Acension. Then they can have something to cry about.

I can see where you are coming from. However Comptetive balance is extremely unfair in their case so I can also see why they are upset.

unfair in their case so I can also see why they are upset.

I think I figured out their fan's problems. They have never had to compete on a level playing field (and it IS level). They have always had a distinct advantage over everyone. Now that they don't have an advantage. It's "Not Fair". Well sometimes you are the pigeon and sometimes you are the statue. Welcome Carroll to being the statue for once.

Life isn't Fair.

Actually, they had a really good season. They should just celebrate that, and move on with life. Look to next year, and try to get better.

Good luck next year.

I think I figured out their fan's problems. They have never had to compete on a level playing field (and it IS level). They have always had a distinct advantage over everyone. Now that they don't have an advantage. It's "Not Fair". Well sometimes you are the pigeon and sometimes you are the statue. Welcome Carroll to being the statue for once.

Life isn't Fair.

Actually, they had a really good season. They should just celebrate that, and move on with life. Look to next year, and try to get better.

Good luck next year.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

If competitive balance was truly instituted to prevent private schools from recruiting then it isn’t doing its job. It only effects the schools on the fringe such as a Carroll or Bishop Waterson (both moved up to D1). It has no effect on the larger private schools that typically contend for titles like Iggy, Ed, X, Moe, etc. Not a complaint just an observation. If I were Carroll I would be excited for the challenge of being in D1. Carroll had a great season and competed with a great X team last night. Nothing to be ashamed of. Hats off to a good team and best of luck to X the rest of the way.

Competitive balance really isnt the issue here. Even if you combined Anderson and Turpin boys you would not come close to the numbers at X or Mason. These schools and other like them (see total ECC) have always had to compete against much larger schools both public and private.
I cannot remember the last time the regional winner did not come from one of the large population high schools in Cincy/Dayton.
Need to add a top division for schools @700-800 and higher.

How many Jr. Highs do Madeira or Tipp pull from... I'm going to guess its 1 each.

Let me Preface this post, with the fact that I am a Carroll Grad, that played on one of their state championship teams.

I am making this post not because I think Carroll is wronged, but because of the perception people have of Carroll's soccer program.There are a lot of people that our jealous of Carroll's soccer success, and some of it comes from statements like this or about false statements about recruiting, etc.

Tipp only has one middle school you are correct Kickin Wing, that school has 603 students (grades 6-8) aprox. 201 per class according to their website), Madeira has 440 students, (grades 5-8, 110 students per class) where Ascension has 385 students (grades 2-8, aprox 58 per class). So that comparison is somewhat ignorant in its general statement.

Carroll has for decades drawn from at least 7 feeder parishes, none that are huge schools. Competitive balance should be about students that do not come from the traditional schools that have fed a school, or about the size of the schools feeding, not by the number of schools feeding in to a school. That is very misleading.

And as far as recruiting, good programs in high school are self-recruiting, kids want to play for winners, most are not being approached to attend a school like Carroll. I went to a game this year and knew many of the parents of the players because they, their siblings or relatives attended Carroll when I was there.

For the record I am glad that Carroll is in D1, I enjoy watching them play the best teams to get to a state championship. I wish schools would have a choice to play up a division in an open division, and make that championship a little more prestigious, then the 3 division championships.

Ok so it's more like 80% of starters are from feeders. Pardon my unfair advantaged Carroll math skills. I said I was out of the loop now that my daughter has graduated. So since you know....what schools are they from? You do know that any Dayton Public school student can get a government voucher to go to any school they choose. I don't agree with it but that's the way it is. Also ..where is all this unfair advantage recruitment from any district when it comes to their football team because they have been bad for a long time... Or do they only "recruit" in soccer? I highly doubt any parent is paying $8-10,000 just to play sports at Carroll .

Carroll has a long tradition of great soccer teams so kids from school districts with not so successful programs may look around for better options entering their freshman year. Carroll’s strong sophomore class is an example of this. And I don't doubt for a second that parents would spend that kind of money to have their college playing aspiring kid play on a strong Carroll team versus playing for their home based school when it’s a non-successful soccer school (such as a Springfield). And I don't blame them at all. I also don't fault Carroll at all for accepting these kids. I just wanted to dispel your myth that Carroll is some utopian community based school that is different than the Alter, St. X, and Moeller's of the world. They are all the same. Their high % of CB score backs this up.

Good luck next year.

You've got a weird thing with Carroll. And Carroll was D1 for years before they were moved to D2.