So what happens if Biden wins?

I'm saying healthcare should be a right in a country as rich as this one, a right that doesn't send a family into financial disaster. I also say post high school education (be it college or a trade) should also be reasonably attainable in this country.

Can We assume you Don't write a check monthly for your Healthcare Nor have Kids in College ?

What's sad is when my Dad was growing up this was relatively "free sh1t" in America, you could literally work and pay your way through college (well the ones he was allowed to attend because of his color and all), an emergency medical room visit wouldn't send a family into bankruptcy if they didn't have insurance. Pretty much every other industrialized nation has figured out how to make those things a citizens right like we used to. Some how Fox news and Karl Grove has convinced a good portion of this country that demanding this for our citizens is "sociopathic" and they don't even see how they are shortchanging their fellow citizens so billionaires can keep a few more quarters.

You can still work a regular job and pay for college or healthcare, there are millions who do it every year. Those people tend to prioritize what they spend their money on.

You are missing the point, take a look at where costs for health care and college exploded - I'll give you a clue, it was when government decided they needed to do something about the high costs of healthcare and college education....... In fact, you can usually see that happen when government tries to "help". Up until those points in time, health care and education rose in lockstep with inflation.

Taxes don't take money from billionaires, they take money from people that make high wages. The vast majority of millionaires and billionaires don't have that in cash, they have it in appreciated value of the companies they created or other things they have acquired. Jeff Bezos has never seen $200B, he's still got millions of shares of Amazon from when he founded the company with $500 and an idea. His wealth "grew" by $80B last year because his company got more valuable he only "sees" that money when he sells those shares and the government will take 20% of that when he sells it. Who the government takes from are the engineers, doctors, lawyers, bankers, executives, entrepreneurs, etc. who are receiving $300K or more in salary and bonuses.

Having the government try to equalize outcomes is no different than a thief breaking into your house. You feel bad because there's someone that has a nicer house, a nicer car, a better looking wife, nicer toys and you think he doesn't deserve/need those things and you do. So instead of having the cajones to try to take them yourself (and potentially die in the effort), you want the government to steal them for you.

If the Dems win the senate also, things will change. Should be interesting, surprised to hear you’re a Dem, didn’t think there were any level headed ones left.
The Senate battle is gonna be crazy. Dems should keep the House, but there’s a potential for the Senate to be split an even 50-50, no matter who wins. That will be a mess.

1599751326047.png

I'm saying healthcare should be a right in a country as rich as this one, a right that doesn't send a family into financial disaster. I also say post high school education (be it college or a trade) should also be reasonably attainable in this country.

1st off, anyone in this country can attain healthcare at anytime they want it, from multiple sources. There's also various laws that require doctors and hospitals to offer treatment. So everyone does have a "right" to healthcare.

But then you made the argument that it's not healthcare that is a right, it's how it's paid for. The entire premise of insurance is to guard against being overwhelmed by the costs of healthcare. There are multiple ways to acquire insurance, there's through an employer, there's private insurance options (and you can customize the coverage to match your exact financial situation), and if you are poor, there's even a public option (Medicare). In the US, 59M people are covered by Medicare, 160M have employer-sponsored programs, about 60M people have private insurance, and 20M have it through Obamascam, leaving 30M people still uninsured and getting covered by Medicaid or other welfare programs.

I just did a quick Google search and there are decent plans available for as little as $20/month to protect you from catastrophic illness/injury and regular health insurance for as little at $70/month. Now, will it offer all of the coverages of my employer plan (about $11K/year benefit)? No, but there should be a difference in coverage based on the price of the plan, just as there will be a difference in the healthcare received based on the cost.

How people spend their money is their own business. If Person A uses their money to buy insurance and pay their bills and Person B uses their money for beer and cigarettes why should anyone care about Person B? People have to take some responsibility for their life and lifestyle.

In 1965 the day after I left school my dad had me placed on an assembly line in the company he worked for. Monday through Friday it was 8 hours of regular pay but 2 hours at time and a half. Plus I had to work 8 hours on Saturday at double pay, Total of 58 hours a week. I was totally exhausted but I ended up making more money a week than my father. With that money, plus a small scholarship, I was able to pay for my first two years of college (tuition was $1400 + $1000 for room and board. With the money I received from my summer jobs after my freshman and sophomore years, I was able to pay all my junior year expenses. In my senior year I worked part time at UPS and got enough bucks to pay for my senior year. So yes, in 1965 I was able to work my way through college without costing my parents a single buck.

Your liberal friends are running the colleges and universities. ?‍♂️ But you can make $18/hr at Amazon, I know a kid doing that, while attending college.

-$18/hr, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year comes out to $37,400. Post tax you're looking at closer to $30,000 or so.
-The average in-state tuition + room and board at OSU, UC and OU for this year is $24,500.
-Not to mention books, laptop (almost required at this point), etc. Let's call that another $2,000 for the year, which is probably on the low side
- Now left with roughly $3,500 to get you through the year, or about $300 a month

So you are right, you can afford to pay for college without taking student loans as long as you work full time, make at least $18/hr and have less than $300/month in expenses. Easy!

Last edited:
-$18/hr, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year comes out to $37,400. Post tax you're looking at closer to $30,000 or so.
-The average tuition + room and board at OSU, UC and OU for this year is $24,500.
-Not to mention books, laptop (almost required at this point), etc. Let's call that another $2,000 for the year, which is probably on the low side
- Now left with roughly $3,500 to get you through the year, or about $300 a month

So you are right, you can afford to pay for college without taking student loans as long as you work full time, make at least $18/hr and have less than $300/month in expenses. Easy!

At least 70% of our population live within a 30 minute drive to a university. Commute and you have room and board for free. That's what i did.

-The average in-state tuition + room and board at OSU, UC and OU for this year is $24,500.

Well, staying on campus would be the first mistake, the person I reference, has 2 roommates, lives in a very nice condo, much cheaper than living on campus. Add in the fact that one doesn't need to go to school full time, can easily get a degree going part time.

Well, staying on campus would be the first mistake, the person I reference, has 2 roommates, lives in a very nice condo, much cheaper than living on campus. Add in the fact that one doesn't need to go to school full time, can easily get a degree going part time.

Great point! I'm sure most students in the 60's, 70's 80's, etc. lived in nice condos with 2 roommates and went to school part time in order to afford tuition.

And it's not like most universities require you to live on campus if you live more than 50 miles away from campus, like say someone who is from Cincinnati and went to OSU or OU. Or someone from Columbus and goes to UC or OU.

Great point! I'm sure most students in the 60's, 70's 80's, etc. lived in nice condos with 2 roommates and went to school part time in order to afford tuition.

And it's not like most universities require you to live on campus if you live more than 50 miles away from campus, like say someone who is from Cincinnati and went to OSU or OU. Or someone from Columbus and goes to UC or OU.
No idea, I joined the military to pay for mine. Also worked in the summer.

Lmao, I can't even imagine the apartment you'd have to be living in these days for it to be less than $300 per month

Only if you're lucky enough to have parents who allow you to stay at home for free. That is not the case for everyone.

In 1976 I was able to parlay $20K in savings from my HS job (airbrushing T Shirts), my 3.85 GPA & 1480 SAT, along with the promise of 4 years of my life to the USAF for a full scholarship for Aeronautical Engineering. I also earned spending money working at a theater, gas station, hotel, and race track. I didn't stay with my parents or the dorms. I always had an apartment with roommates or rented a room. That still works today.

Earthquakes, pandemics, explosions, protests, mad angry hornets and massive fires. We can survive that... Biden isn't going to be the straw...

If Biden wins then Nov 4th I will be applying for a second job. My budget is tight so I am going to need more income to account for the extra taxes.