Since the running clock was established.....

Since 2014, St Ignatius is 19-2 in games decided by 30+ points.
Only losses were to St Edward (2014) and De Matha (2019).

Since 2014, Dublin Coffman is 24-2 in games decided by 30+ points.
Losses were to Colerain (2015) and Wayne (2016).

Since 2014 - Valley View is 18-2 in games decided by 30+ points, (L 33-0 in 2014 to Bellbrook, L 30-0 to Monroe in 2014 as well)

Mogadore hasn’t been running clocked since 2014. Not sure how many times they have put it on other teams. They usually play the JVs very early in blowout type games. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a low number.
Just counted. Looks like they are 18-0 in games decided by 30 points since 2014.

Since 2014, Mechanicsburg is 48-2 in games decided by 30+ points.
Losses were to Spencerville (2017) and St Henry (2018).

Since 2014, Norwayne is 21-2 in games decided by 30+ points.
Losses were to Kirtland (2018) and Canton Central Catholic (2019).

Since 2014, D4 Perry is 24-2 in games decided by 30+ points.
Both losses were in 2014, to Madison and Kenston. They have won their last 24 straight running clock games.

Since 2014 Marion Pleasant is 17 and 3 in games of 30+.
Regional semis in '14 to Liberty Benton and Pemberville Eastwood in '17 and regular season to Jonathan Alder in '15.
During those years there were at least two games I recall in which the running clock was on and off as the score fluctuated
over and under the 30 point difference level.

I was curious we never had the wussification of the running clock and we were bad, like worst 4 year record ever bad, and I was 1-6 in 30 point games.

Thankfully Coldwater is 27-2 since 2o14 with 9-0 in 2015

Last edited:
CHCA is 31-3 in 30+ games
losses to Coldwater in 2014 and 2015, and Madison in 2018 (all in post-season...those were some great teams)

Wayne is 32-1 in games decided by 30+ points since 2014. The lone loss came against Pine-Richland, PA and was played in PA and as I recall, did not qualify for the running clock. Wayne lost that game 41-0. They have won at least one game by 30+ points every year since 2014. They have put at least one running clock on every GWOC team (except Trotwood) they played since 2014.
PA running clock is 35 points. So 41-0 would qualify.

I wonder if the OP meant running clock AT ALL or finished the game running clock. Because some of these teams listed that haven't been 'clocked lost some game in the high 20s. For example Alter defeated Wyoming in 16 playoffs 35-7. I couldn't find the box score, but I did find a write up that implied this was a blowout and Alter had over 400 yards rushing. Could easily see a 35-0 game with Wyoming scoring in mop up time. A couple other examples I saw just visiting our buddy Joe Eitel. Itll interesting to see any team NEVER had a 30 point deficit in the 2nd half

I wonder if the OP meant running clock AT ALL or finished the game running clock. Because some of these teams listed that haven't been 'clocked lost some game in the high 20s. For example Alter defeated Wyoming in 16 playoffs 35-7. I couldn't find the box score, but I did find a write up that implied this was a blowout and Alter had over 400 yards rushing. Could easily see a 35-0 game with Wyoming scoring in mop up time. A couple other examples I saw just visiting our buddy Joe Eitel. Itll interesting to see any team NEVER had a 30 point deficit in the 2nd half

You're correct. My original intention was to get feedback on teams that have never been running clocked at any point in any game. Marion Local has never trailed by 30 in the 2nd half(or first half for that matter) during the running clock era. I didn't clarify that very well in my initial post, but I've enjoyed the responses anyway.

Last edited:
You're correct. My original intention was to get feedback on teams that have never been running clocked at any point in any game. Marion Local has never trailed by 30 in the 2nd half(or first half for that matter) during the running clock era. I didn't clarify that very well in my initial post, but I've enjoyed the responses anyway.
That will be hard information for people to find. The final scores were much easier lol.

That will be hard information for people to find. The final scores were much easier lol.

That is true. I figured only responses I'd get on that would be fans that had followed their teams pretty closely. Would be hard to get a full list on it

Th
The game didn’t finish under a running clock, but Steubenville had the running clock put on them by Benedictine in the state semis a few years ago.

That was a rough game. 40-12 was the final. That was a great Benedictine team. Big Red was a year away in 2014

I’m gonna get jumped for posting this,

But Steubenville put a running clock on Massillon in 2015. 48-21 ended up being the final. Nate Moore ran after that one. Hahah.

Hope this contract gets renewed soon

I’m gonna get jumped for posting this,

But Steubenville put a running clock on Massillon in 2015. 48-21 ended up being the final. Nate Moore ran after that one. Hahah.

Hope this contract gets renewed soon
The running clock that everyone remembers regarding Massillon is the 56-7 beating they took in the playoffs at Perrysburg which was the final nail in Jason Hall’s coffin. Incidentally, the QB that ran wild on the Tigers that night currently plays DB at Ohio Dominican.

Colerain’s running clocks since 2014:
***note: this only includes teams that were defeated by 30+ points. Does not include teams that scored out of a running clock situation***

2014: RC against Princeton
Victory margin - 42pts

2015: RC against Fairfield
Victory margin - 35pts

RC against Lakota East
Victory margin - 34pts

RC against Hamilton
Victory margin - 34pts

RC against Oak Hills
Victory margin - 55pts

RC against Dublin Coffman
Victory margin - 46pts

RC against Elder
Victory margin - 30pts

2016: RC against Princeton
Victory margin - 31pts

RC against Sycamore
Victory margin - 45pts

RC against Middletown
Victory margin - 39pts

RC against Lakota West
Victory margin - 31pts

2017: RC against Middletown
Victory margin - 31pts

RC against Sycamore
Victory margin - 42pts

RC against Hamilton
Victory margin - 34pts

RC against Oak Hills
Victory margin - 31pts

RC against Moeller
Victory margin - 45pts

2018: RC against Middletown
Victory margin - 41pts

RC against Sycamore
Victory margin - 45pts

RC against Hamilton
Victory margin - 42pts

RC against Mason
Victory margin - 35pts

RC against Lakota East
Victory margin - 42pts

RC against Lakota West
Victory margin - 49pts

RC against Milford
Victory margin - 34pts

RC against Elder
Victory margin - 42pts

2019: RC against Oak Hills
Victory margin - 31pts

RC against Lakota East
Victory margin - 31pts

Since the beginning of the running clock era, Colerain has never been in a running clock situation behind in a game.
Final scores were provided by joeeitel.com

The running clock that everyone remembers regarding Massillon is the 56-7 beating they took in the playoffs at Perrysburg which was the final nail in Jason Hall’s coffin. Incidentally, the QB that ran wild on the Tigers that night currently plays DB at Ohio Dominican.

Didn’t they fire Hall before he got back on the bus?

Since 2014, West Jefferson is 24-5 in 30+ point games as of the second round of the playoffs in 2019.

Losses:

2014: Madison Plains(52-21)(31)(reg)... WJ Reg Record: 6-4(Final record: 8-3)

2015: Mechanicsburg(43-8)(35)(reg)... WJ Final Record: 4-6

2016: Mechanicsburg(49-18)(31)(reg), Jackson(49-9)(40)(reg)... WJ Final Record: 4-6

2017: Middletown Madison(42-7)(35)(Playoff)... WJ Reg Record: 9-0(Final Record: 11-1)

Since 2014 The OHSAA officiating crews have not officiated one single game once the running clock starts....$$$$$