Sidney Yellow Jackets 2019-20

Huge matchup tonight. The 13-1 Jackets go on the road to take on 12-3 Stebbins. The game in Sidney was close and I expect tonight's game will be as well. Stebbins is 6-0 at home this year. The Jackets are going to have to bring their A game tonight.

Huge matchup tonight. The 13-1 Jackets go on the road to take on 12-3 Stebbins. The game in Sidney was close and I expect tonight's game will be as well. Stebbins is 6-0 at home this year. The Jackets are going to have to bring their A game tonight.
Can't wait. Could decide the MVL

From last night
Sidney- 51
Vandalia Butler- 42
Butler kept it close for most of the game, but Sidney pulls away at the end. Sidney moves to 15-1 (12-1 MVL). Sidney takes on Xenia at home tomorrow and will go on the road vs Troy on Tuesday.

Have St. Marys Memorial Saturday night at the hive which should be a great game with a formidable non-conference opponent.

Go Jackets!

Sidney 64
Xenia 52

Jackets move to 16-1 (13-1 MVL). Host a St. Marys squad tonight that has double digit wins and a 6'8" freshman in the post.

St. Marys 55
Sidney 27

Wasn't there and haven't really heard anything but I can pretty much guess that the size mismatch made it difficult to score. I can't remember the last time Sidney was held under 30 points even in down years.

I was at the Saint Mary’s game. While I’d like to make an excuse of the flu going through the entire team in the 2-3 days leading up to that game, they just ran into a buzz saw there. I think had Sidney been healthy it would’ve been a closer game, but they simply have no answer for the height of Saint Mary’s. That Freshman is going to be reaaaaly good and they have very strong guard and wing play to compliment their inside play. Congrats Roughriders you have an excellent team!

Last night Sidney pulls away late on the road to beat Troy 60 to 54. With that win the Yellow Jackets will play at West Carrollton on Friday to clinch the overall MVL title with a win.

West Carrollton 82
Sidney 67

Pirates scored the last 10 points of the game to pull away.

Jackets will have to find a way to avenge their loss to Tipp on Tuesday otherwise they'll end up sharing the MVL title with West Carrollton. Unless the Pirates stumble against Greenville or Stebbins which doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:
Tipp 53
Sidney 52

Jackets fail to close out the MVL as West Carrollton pulls even at 14-3. Sidney hosts Greenville on Friday and the Pirates face Stebbins on the road in a big final regular season showdown. WC defeated Stebbins by 3 in early January.