Should Zion Williamson shut it down for the rest of the season?

Boogie :laugh: i think he wants to come back, strikes me as a competitor but i am sure those in his ear will tell him not to. If he does play it wont be until he is 120%.

He should ask the Knicks what he should do, since the NBA has already arranged for him to go to New York.

Wouldn’t it be great if the ultimate result of this stupid 1and done rule is the best players start sitting out in February? Lol.

He has a pretty large insurance policy already in place.

Get better shoes, get healthy and come back for the tourney.

No. I have a real issue with the character of a kid who is more worried about the .3% chance of injury than competing. I'm actually amazed at the number of well respected, and like sports talking heads who are encouraging this kid to quit on his team??

This all started years ago, and it's mostly a basketball thing. It has to do with college athletes being paid, the big money of top round draft picks, etc.

But people forget one thing...Every single one of these kids started bouncing a basketball 10-12-15 years ago because the LOVED the game. They LOVE to compete. You don't get to where they are at in life because you are hoping to make millions, it's simply a bi-product of the popularity of sports in our culture.
Think about some of the occupations that are out there that tend to not pay well, and I'll use social work as one. You ask any social worker and they don't choose that profession to get paid. If it's about the money they tend to go other places.
There is not a 10 year old kid playing basketball this weekend that is doing it because they can make millions of dollars. The work and time you have to put in (along with mostly God-given talent) pretty much thins down the ones serious about making that a career with the rest of us.

Also, you have to look at probabilities....Now if this happened during the ACC tournament - completely different. Or, if he had a grade 3 or 4 sprain and it's a 6 week or more recovery, then that's different.

But this is a mild sprain, he's day to day and I'd guess he's probably going to be held out a game or two and then return for the ACC tournament. And he absolutely should!! He's part of this team and a large part of the teams success or failure the next month.

he should play if he's healthy.

interesting that the NBA proposed to drop the draft age from 19 to 18 the day after this happened.

No. I have a real issue with the character of a kid who is more worried about the .3% chance of injury than competing. I'm actually amazed at the number of well respected, and like sports talking heads who are encouraging this kid to quit on his team??

This all started years ago, and it's mostly a basketball thing. It has to do with college athletes being paid, the big money of top round draft picks, etc.

But people forget one thing...Every single one of these kids started bouncing a basketball 10-12-15 years ago because the LOVED the game. They LOVE to compete. You don't get to where they are at in life because you are hoping to make millions, it's simply a bi-product of the popularity of sports in our culture.
Think about some of the occupations that are out there that tend to not pay well, and I'll use social work as one. You ask any social worker and they don't choose that profession to get paid. If it's about the money they tend to go other places.
There is not a 10 year old kid playing basketball this weekend that is doing it because they can make millions of dollars. The work and time you have to put in (along with mostly God-given talent) pretty much thins down the ones serious about making that a career with the rest of us.

Also, you have to look at probabilities....Now if this happened during the ACC tournament - completely different. Or, if he had a grade 3 or 4 sprain and it's a 6 week or more recovery, then that's different.

But this is a mild sprain, he's day to day and I'd guess he's probably going to be held out a game or two and then return for the ACC tournament. And he absolutely should!! He's part of this team and a large part of the teams success or failure the next month.

Can you babble a little more?

Owes no one anything, same as any other college kid. And is owed nothing. Loyalty questions are between him and teammates and I doubt any of them are going to come out too hard against a guy that's about to become a multi-tens millionaire.