Should Anthony Davis take time off to heal up?

CantonKid

Should Anthony Davis take time off to heal up from his groin strain? He is not scoring like he used to.

He is playing injured because of his defense. He was defensive player of the year runner-up last year.

But the Lakers need his OFFENSIVE scoring of 27 points a game to repeat as champions.

But it would be a big risk taking time off to heal up because It's easy to re-aggravate that kind of injury.

What do you think A.D./Lakers should do?

Last edited:

I think the Lakers are trying to be more balanced and they are working in some new guys, so AD's numbers were bound to drop somewhat. Marc Gasol, Dennis Schrooder and Marquise Morris is going to take away some shot opportunities. I would guess if there was ANY major issue with his groin, he'd be sitting. They can win regular season games without him, they can't make a long playoff run without him.

I think the Lakers are trying to be more balanced and they are working in some new guys, so AD's numbers were bound to drop somewhat. Marc Gasol, Dennis Schrooder and Marquise Morris is going to take away some shot opportunities. I would guess if there was ANY major issue with his groin, he'd be sitting. They can win regular season games without him, they can't make a long playoff run without him.

I sure hope your right. I know the Lakers are trying to be more balanced.You forgot some free agents they picked up.Montrezl Harrell from the Clippers.He was the 6th man of the year last year.He averaged 18.2 points a game and 7.1 rebounds a game.They also picked up Wesley Matthews from the Bucks.He started for Milwaukee last year.He's a good 3 point shooter and defender.The Lakers are better this year!

But Anthony Davis really does have a groin strain.He hasn't played the 2nd games of the Lakers back to back games this year because of his groin strain.And he can't score like he wants to because of it.They need him healthy if they except to win the NBA championship this year.He needs to score 25-27 points a game for the Lakers to re-peat.And his rebounding is down this year because of his groin strain.

So should the Lakers rest him so he can recover?

Anthony Davis now has a groin strain and Achilles tendinosis(Yikes)

He sat out Mondays game against the Thunder.

A.D. has sat out the last 2 games.I'm more concerned about his Achilles tendinosis.

He was already sitting out games because of his groin strain.

He needs to be healthy for the Lakers to repeat.

A.D. sat out the 2nd half of the Lakers loss to Denver 122-105.He re-aggravated his achilles.

He hobbled of the court in the 2nd quarter.His achilles was swollen.He's getting a MRI today

MRI showed calf strain,re-aggravated achilles,groin strain.Will be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks.

A.D. will be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks,so will take time off to heal up.

MRI showed calf strain,re-aggravated achilles,groin strain.Will be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks.

A.D. will be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks,so will take time off to heal up.

The best thing that could happen in the long run.A.D. will be fully healed up for the play-offs!

My guess is Anthony Davis will be hampered by this the rest of the way. These don't heal, see Klay Thompson and Kevin Garnett. Fameously, Garnett came back two years ago in the finals vs. the Raptors and ruptured his. Very similar to KD. Not sure if this will happen, but some consideration needs to go to AD to shut it down until next season, allow this to fully heal or have surgery to fix it and then come back. If he plays and rips it up, he's done for 18 months, and it possibly hampers his career down the road.

Anthony Davis is still sitting out and resting and recovering.

Recovering from groin strain,calf strain,and achilles tendinosis.

He is suppossed to be back 3-19-2021 fully healthy.