Shocker of the night

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Upset of the season because believe it or not but La Salle beat Moeller tonight by ten 55-45. Moeller came into this game winners of their last ten while La Salle came in with a less than .500 record at 5-6 having gotten hammered twice last week by 19 at Elder and by 18 at Wyoming. The Crusaders having beaten the Lancers twelve straight times came into this game expecting more of the same but were absolutely stunned by a La Salle team they had not seen for quite some time.

Last edited:

Upset of the season because believe it or not but La Salle beat Moeller tonight by ten 55-45. Moeller came into this game winners of their last ten while La Salle came in with a less than .500 record at 5-6 having gotten hammered twice last week by 19 at Elder and by 18 at Wyoming. The Crusaders having beaten the Lancers twelve straight times came into this game expecting more of the same but were absolutely stunned by a La Salle team they had not seen for quite some time.
If LaSalle can Score in the 50’s more than the 30’s they will be fine! I still think Goedde out after this season.

Second shocker for La Salle as they take down the AP 6th DI ranked team in the Elder Panthers

Its even more of a shocker since Max Preps had Moeller playing St. Xavier tonight...Must have lost to LaSalle during halftime.

Another shocker was Botkins vs Fort Loramie. On Dec. 28th Ft. Loramie def. Botkins 56 - 21, last night (2 weeks later) Botkins def. Ft. Loramie 47 - 40. It was Friday the 13th.
Hard to compare results from different years. I would say it appears last year Ft Loramie had Botkins number. But this year, Botkins is the better team.

Its even more of a shocker since Max Preps had Moeller playing St. Xavier tonight...Must have lost to LaSalle during halftime.
The post was on January 14th the day after LaSalle beat Moeller on the 13th. Moeller did squeeze by St X last night; probably looking ahead to the Centerville game tonight.

The post was on January 14th the day after LaSalle beat Moeller on the 13th. Moeller did squeeze by St X last night; probably looking ahead to the Centerville game tonight.
Thanks to CNN my reading attention span these days is about 2 1/2 seconds. Didn't scrutinize the dates. But a simple score (not) here on Yappi would have cured that...:) Frustrating reading game posts on here (especially in 2 1/2 seconds) that never mention the 2 most important factors...(1) Whose playing who and (2) what was the score? OK...now comments/analysis. Yes, age sucks, fight it at every turn... :)

Last edited:
This has got to be the shocker of the season. A 9-9 team--La Salle goes to the Brisco Center at Moeller and win there, a place where Moeller rarely loses.

Since neither Team Scored 30 Points this Game should be declared a No Contest😁. What an embarrassment for Both Teams! Can someone seriously tell me how Goedde keeps his job at LaSalle?
Sorry, Pat. I know you beat Moeller twice this year and upset Elder as well with a young team. But man, your sophomores with one good senior only scored 27 in a win at Moeller. Humiliating! We have to let you go.

Side note: Yes, that must have been ugly to watch.

Since neither Team Scored 30 Points this Game should be declared a No Contest😁. What an embarrassment for Both Teams! Can someone seriously tell me how Goedde keeps his job at LaSalle?
LaSalle's style of play is complete garbage. His whole plan is to foul people and see how much he can get away with. 75% of the team's job is to hold, grab and foul people. He sends kids in just to knock people over. I concur with it being an embarrassment. It has nothing to do with being good at basketball. 75% of the players should foul out in the first half.

How do refs continue to let him get away with it? What makes it more of a joke is that he thinks he's an amazing coach for doing it. GCL ball can be slow and grinding, but none of the other programs stoop to this weak and petty level.

Three teams are tied for first right now at 3-2: Elder, Moeller, and La Salle. Moeller plays at Elder, so one of those teams will have three losses leaving the other at 4-2 and La Salle at 4-2 if they can win at St. Xavier.

Hard to get rebounds when you're constantly pushed and tackled when trying to rebound. Hard to make shots when you're constantly held, grabbed, aren't allowed to cut, have people boxing you out while still in the air. It's garbage basketball.

All of the LaSalle games are the exact same because the refs allow this garbage. It has nothing to do with LaSalle having a good defense or a good team or a good coach. But everyone will say "they just play harder than everyone else and are warriors". It's a joke.

They have several kids whose job isn't to score, defend, set picks or rebound. Their job is to dirty it up with relatively zero basketball skill.

Sorry his style has rubbed me the wrong ways for years. I understand having to do some of it because of lack of talent, but cmon.
I know the reputation. The only LS game I've seen this year was the win over Elder last week and it wasn't like that at all IMO.

Hard to get rebounds when you're constantly pushed and tackled when trying to rebound. Hard to make shots when you're constantly held, grabbed, aren't allowed to cut, have people boxing you out while still in the air. It's garbage basketball.

All of the LaSalle games are the exact same because the refs allow this garbage. It has nothing to do with LaSalle having a good defense or a good team or a good coach. But everyone will say "they just play harder than everyone else and are warriors". It's a joke.

They have several kids whose job isn't to score, defend, set picks or rebound. Their job is to dirty it up with relatively zero basketball skill.
No, I wouldn't say they (La Salle) are warriors or play harder.
Looked like to me (and the stats support it) that Moeller plays soft and is coached soft. Talk about a joke.

Here are the thought of a Moeller guy about the game, "What did I just witnerss. Dean Smith 4 corner offense for 4 quarters. When you are much bigger and possess more athleticism than your opponent, why would you play keep away instead of trying to run your opponent out of the gym. The name of the game is to work the ball inside and dish to score."

Ignatius giving Ed's its first loss might qualify, though any game in any sport between these rivals cannot be considered an upset.
Since both were also D1 state semi-finalists last season as well too, no...no "shocker" here. What it tells me is that St. Ignatius is still very much a factor this season.

LaSalle's style of play is complete garbage. His whole plan is to foul people and see how much he can get away with. 75% of the team's job is to hold, grab and foul people. He sends kids in just to knock people over. I concur with it being an embarrassment. It has nothing to do with being good at basketball. 75% of the players should foul out in the first half.

How do refs continue to let him get away with it? What makes it more of a joke is that he thinks he's an amazing coach for doing it. GCL ball can be slow and grinding, but none of the other programs stoop to this weak and petty level.
I know the LaSalle style of Play is absolute garbage! Mickey mantle and the AD apparently like it because they Beat Moe and Elder this yr. Been going on at LaSalle the whole time he been HC! Strange that those LaSalle folks actually think that’s Basketball! Special bunch over at LaSalle!