Sherwood Fairview

Supposedly the players were told the new coach has been there before.

I'd expect either Rakes to come back, or a return of Olwin.

Unless Mauro is desperate again? 😈😂😂

Unless the AD pulls some funny business (like the Mauro hire), it'll be Doug Rakes.

Just have to go through the offical application/interview process, but he's telling the players he applied and wants it.

Unless the AD pulls some funny business (like the Mauro hire), it'll be Doug Rakes.

Just have to go through the offical application/interview process, but he's telling the players he applied and wants it.
The Mauro hire just seemed so weird.

Did Kevin Kline apply? Heard he applied at Tinora so was curious about if he applied at this one too.

Kevin Kline, Doug Rakes, pretty much the same guy lol
Kline’s last 8 seasons his teams went 20-60, 1 winning season (2014, 6-4)

Rakes’ last 8 seasons were 49-36, got better each year and ended with 3 straight regional runner-up’s

So no, not really at all the same guy

Kline’s last 8 seasons his teams went 20-60, 1 winning season (2014, 6-4)

Rakes’ last 8 seasons were 49-36, got better each year and ended with 3 straight regional runner-up’s

So no, not really at all the same guy
Kline had a 3-year run at Bryan where he went 30-5 or something crazy like that .Not long after that talent class graduated he stepped down. Outside of those few years and couple decent years at Edgerton he was mediocre to bad. Rakes just like Kline last three years was 28-7. 5 years before that he was 21-29. Outside of those 3 years with those super talented classes he was bad to mediocre just like Kline. And also just like Kline he took off as soon as they graduated. So yeah they are pretty much the same person in my opinion. But we all have our opinions maybe had a legit reason to take off. I'm a Fairview guy and Ive heard alot of different reasons. I do think it's kind of ironic that he leaves after 2020 when all the talent graduates and since they are 4-17. Now guess who has the most talented classes in the gmc in jr High right now? Fairview...And now he's coming back?...or at least that's the rumor

Last edited:
Now do Rakes record before the last 3 years he coached when he had two super talented classes.
"Take out his 3 most successful seasons and he doesn't look as successful" Holy crap, what a mind blowing realization. :rolleyes: Find me another coach in the state that wouldn't look worse if you took the most successful 3/8 off of his record. I'm bored though, so I'll play along.

Rakes' first 5 year at Fairview, 3-7, 4-6, 3-7, 5-5, 6-4. His team improved while he was there even if you discount his last 3 years.

Kline without his best 3 years? 41-80. Kline at his last 2 schools? 14-56. His teams have not shown any sign of improvement at either school, and he's been a head coach literally twice as long as Rakes. And don't act like his time at Bryan was somehow more impressive because it was in the NWOAL, Bryan is the biggest school in that league, by a lot.

So again, not at all the same guy

"Take out his 3 most successful seasons and he doesn't look as successful" Holy crap, what a mind blowing realization. :rolleyes: Find me another coach in the state that wouldn't look worse if you took the most successful 3/8 off of his record. I'm bored though, so I'll play along.

Rakes' first 5 year at Fairview, 3-7, 4-6, 3-7, 5-5, 6-4. His team improved while he was there even if you discount his last 3 years.

Kline without his best 3 years? 41-80. Kline at his last 2 schools? 14-56. His teams have not shown any sign of improvement at either school, and he's been a head coach literally twice as long as Rakes. And don't act like his time at Bryan was somehow more impressive because it was in the NWOAL, Bryan is the biggest school in that league, by a lot.

So again, not at all the same guy
Lol well I'm not playing anymore because you're totally missing my point.🙃 Again, he is pretty much the same guy to me. You have you're opinion I have mine I just respectfully disagree. Have a good night

I guess we will see with Rakes. And Kline, I believe he will find his way back over to Northwest Ohio real soon. Just watch.

He didn't ruin them. He left when the talent was dry and then Christopher buried them and they are still digging out of that hole.
He ruined the program. Each year he was there, the numbers went lower on player turnout. His last year there were several 2 & 3year letter winners that went out for soccer instead of playing football their senior year. When you have a coach that constantly degrades players, you will lose players. You can say players need to be tougher, but I will say, I know how coaches talk, this was not coach talk, this was downright degrading. Christopher to his defense, did not have a lot to work with once Olwin left as he left the varsity and younger age groups empty.

Kline is running Pleasant into a deep hole they may not recover from . There are a bunch of rumors going around about his assistants having players pick them up after a night out at the bar . Another rumor is Kline and the principal have been hiding failed drug test so football players can still play of Friday nights . You would think that the board did investigation on this those two would be fired on the spot. Hope all of that is only rumors and not true . Who knows what’s true or false .

Defiance seems to be headed in the right direction after 5 years of below average football from Kline . Maybe Pleasant will bounce back one day hopefully sooner than later .