Shaking the hands of the opposing coach

Should post-match coach hand shaking be banished?

• Yes, get rid of it

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • No, I like holding a teenagers hand

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Fist bump instead

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Elbow bump instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Respectful head nod instead

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other, please specify below

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

DonnieDarko

If there’s a season the handshaking has to be gone right? Can we keep it gone forever? I don’t like touching their sweaty hands anyway. Or the odd moment when some sore loser tries to squeeze my hand hard because he doesn’t realize if he’s not strong enough to win a JV match he’s definitely not strong enough to hurt my hand.

If there’s a season the handshaking has to be gone right? Can we keep it gone forever? I don’t like touching their sweaty hands anyway. Or the odd moment when some sore loser tries to squeeze my hand hard because he doesn’t realize if he’s not strong enough to win a JV match he’s definitely not strong enough to hurt my hand.

If it's not safe enough for us to shake hands I have a hard time believing they'll allow wrestling.

I haven't been a fan of hand shaking for a while. They have all the bacteria and skin fungus on their hands and it sucks to wash your hands a million times. Ive been doing the fist bump for a while if I like the kid ill go in for a hand shake then immediately sanitize. hahaa

I say shake hands, hug whatever is normally done respectfully. Seems the State of Ohio prefers a Tip of the Cap now though. Least that’s what they said for Baseball/Softball.

If it's not safe enough for us to shake hands I have a hard time believing they'll allow wrestling.

You know its a fake virus that china and dems planted to get rid of Trump right?? Weird how they cant find cure but they know for a fact there will be a big spoke in fall. Right before election how weird. No season this year thanks to dems and media have everyone thinking this killer flu will get them

You know its a fake virus that china and dems planted to get rid of Trump right?? Weird how they cant find cure but they know for a fact there will be a big spoke in fall. Right before election how weird. No season this year thanks to dems and media have everyone thinking this killer flu will get them
Well shoot Bucky, looks like they piped the Wi-Fi into the bunker! Quite a feat of engineering, given the insulating properties of the tinfoil.

Thread was fun while it lasted.

There are teams/coaches that have a policy to not shake the hand of the opposing coach. Wrestlers do not get to make the choice.

Lol at that being "what is wrong with half the kids today."

Hey if the coach sends a kid out with mat herpes then I wanna shake his hand and give him mat herpes to take back to his wife. That’s how I roll. As far as covid-19, well that’s not that big of a deal as I’m concerned unless I’m an elderly person in a rest home in Michigan or New York.

North Carolina passed a rule 3 seasons ago eliminating the post match athlete coach hand shake. As a team that crosses the NC / SC state line for competition at least once a year it takes my kids a couple matches to get use to breaking the habit of shaking the opposing coaches hand post match.

NC officials in my experience have even been known to scold out of state wrestlers who make the mistake of even motioning over to the opposing coach. If you ever take your team down to NC you've been warned haha. Those refs will get on ya.

I think it is respectful to have the wrestler shake the opposing coach's hand or fits bump after a match. I think having the entire team shake hands after a wrestling meet is unnecessary and could be eliminated.

Last edited: